Mage Healing Astrals Spec

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
    what???EWD and determination????O.O you serious??
    the more the matk the more we heal expect sun that depedns on hp but talens can increase our healing power,ruthlesness is useless astral???rofl -_- isnt useless if you know how to use it and yes it afects healing its a gamble thou not recomanded...block is mages main astral lv 60..1k for good crit heal?even with 1.5k i rarely ever got a crit heal...
    its a discussion, not a right and wrong.... You are not going to school use on ruthlessness astral, and you have admitted to rare crit heals; this is why i opened this thread. Increasing, finding OPTIMUM healing setup.

(CRIT+DETERMINATION+RUTHLESSNESS) is the perfect use for that astral ... ya we know, pay attention now to the question at hand

JalexGiaWolf
    65 Mage
    Server 253
    Guild: Introspect

" Healing is my speciality ... and i have cookies! ..."

Comment

Originally posted by jalexwolf View Post
      its a discussion, not a right and wrong.... You are not going to school use on ruthlessness astral, and you have admitted to rare crit heals; this is why i opened this thread. Increasing, finding OPTIMUM healing setup.

(CRIT+DETERMINATION+RUTHLESSNESS) is the perfect use for that astral ... ya we know, pay attention now to the question at hand
      you said EWD+determiantion will crit heal...and you wana make me go full crit build just to crit heal more?lol

Comment

i am hoping that this mostly useless Astral does have a purpose, just not found yet, maybe its the healer astral?
        Even if it does, that would be horrible because as a healer you need consistency. Letting a teammate die on one turn and overheal them on the next is not what a good healer would do. Same goes for crit, really.
        Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
        Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
          Even if it does, that would be horrible because as a healer you need consistency. Letting a teammate die on one turn and overheal them on the next is not what a good healer would do. Same goes for crit, really.
          I dont disagree d07.riv, but if the ceiling and floor on healing ranges are different then those of floating damage; then it might be worth while. now this could end up finding out the Ruthlessness is still a mostly useless astral, but i want to experiment with it, cause i want to like this astral!

I am a ful on EWD mage and i believe whole heartily in the constant average is what makes us so good and dangerous.

JalexGiaWolf
          65 Mage
          Server 253

Comment

Wow taught me to stay away from any RNG when healing, so idk what the floor/ceil has to be like in order to make it viable (and why would it be different from the ones for damage, anyway?)
            Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
            Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Ruthlesness wont work in the harder dungeons, atleast in 65+ NM where you need consistent heal to not get killed by high hits/crits

Comment

EWD + determination lol.

It means the OP wants the damage from EWD, yet wants crit heal.

Even if it works, it wastes 1 slot.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

after hitting 80 I tested crit build, had about 2800 crit and wasn't remotely close to being effective. As for crit heals with WD on, I've never once had it happen in a year or so of playing. I think that's a myth tbh. As far as more healing power, it's based off of your matk. Higher matk = higher heals. Also in talents survival does NOT increase BL heal, many people think it does, but it doesn't.

Comment

OK.... with some attempt to move this conversation along.

Speculating is not any help to anyone; this is just opinion. The reason we can all build differently is so that you can persue the one right for you.

the other constant that seems to be coming out of this is the MATK is the King for healing, no matter what
                    Crit is still being debated, about how often it procs, and what amount of crit required to even make this worthwhile
                    Ruthlessness is still untested, undetermined

Still testing ruthlessness in spire runs for healing, will attempt to heal with it in moon NM today. shall report back.
                    Last edited by jalexwolf; 10-24-2013, 08:09 AM.

JalexGiaWolf
                    65 Mage
                    Server 253

Comment

its purely base on the attack stats found on your char stat window..

ex. 27,000 magic damage

resto is 75% +300 >> 27000*75% + 300 = 20250

now with a survival talent of lvl6 (45%) >> 20250*45% + 20250 = 29362

prove me wrong pls

as for astrals.. will destro doesnt affect the heal power. and some even says putting it up with deter.. LOL you have an astral that prevent crit damage and an astral that increases crit damage lol nice logic you got there

best astral would be with a sniper's edge / crit type mage.

Comment

OK.... with some attempt to move this conversation along.

Speculating is not any help to anyone; this is just opinion. The reason we can all build differently is so that you can persue the one right for you.

the other constant that seems to be coming out of this is the MATK is the King for healing, no matter what
                        Crit is still being debated, about how often it procs, and what amount of crit required to even make this worthwhile
                        Ruthlessness is still untested, undetermined

Still testing ruthlessness in spire runs for healing, will attempt to heal with it in moon NM today. shall report back.
                        dont test ruthlness during spire...its big gamble

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post

ex. 27,000 magic damage

prove me wrong pls

as for astrals.. will destro doesnt affect the heal power. and some even says putting it up with deter.. LOL you have an astral that prevent crit damage and an astral that increases crit damage lol nice logic you got there

i think survival talent can increase heal by 45% more for example cause some times i get around 95% of my matk resto heal (lv 1 survival) sometimes i get around 80% of my matk not sure myself :/

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post

ex. 27,000 magic damage

prove me wrong pls

read the actual thread first before commenting, so you understand. EWD for your dps and determination to increase any crit heal that may occur. i am repeating a synopsis of discussion from various mages.

JalexGiaWolf
                          65 Mage
                          Server 253

Comment

read the actual thread first before commenting, so you understand. EWD for your dps and determination to increase any crit heal that may occur. i am repeating a synopsis of discussion from various mages.
                            i tested this and....bad move.......

Comment

Some point that are becoming clear:
                              Crit of heal is possible with EWD astral; so Determine and EWD can be equipped
                              Some say you need about 1K crit stat and up to 4.5K to really see proc'ing
                              We are all agreed that using a crit astral will always be helpful in healing since it increases the crit stat alone.

thanks everyone the dialogue is helpfull.

1. Not trying to be a healer only build; asking about OPTIMUM healing setup.
                              2. Everything in the game is stated as Damage increasers; nothing says "increase healing". So is it intended that if we increase our total dps we are also increasing total Heal ability
                              3. the MOST important part of this: has anyone found Ruthlessness to effect healing? i am hoping that this mostly useless Astral does have a purpose, just not found yet, maybe its the healer astral? I am investigating it as the third option: EWD, Crit or Ruthlessness?!?

during Spire i am testing, Astrals: no crit, no ewd, just Ruthlessness lvl5, MDEF, PDEF, MATK, GODBlessing, Illusion (i dont agree with block for mage under 70)

Test set up:
                              1. Ruthlessness, (no crit or ewd)
                              2. EWD, Determination (increase crit heal ability)

Lets post results of any outcome with these setups.
                              funny.. the line that says "crit heal is possible with EWD"

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                                i tested this and....bad move.......
                                Agree, so far i dont have big number of runs so far with heal spec and EWD + Determine; but no appreciable changes, and i would prefer to have illusion astral instead.

BUT!

i have tried my new heal setup, and so far in SPIRE and moon NM healing was no problem... need to track numbers to see if i am ahead or behind in healing amounts.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ruthlessness.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1676674

My normal Astral setup DPS:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	jalex normal astral.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1676675

JalexGiaWolf
                                65 Mage
                                Server 253

Comment

Working...
                                X