healing mage or the casting one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• healing mage or the casting one?

hi.. this is not really my first time to play wartune here but its my first time to play the mage class. true they are really good in any area but i just kinda notice something. some of my skills like healing are not really usable. its like having thunderbolt, reign of fire,meteor are the most i used specially in pvp and pve, i know how to heal but dont want to used my rage to skip attacks, and usually if i heal like restoration it gives back hp but the damage is too heavy that cause me more damage than it was,even suntoria(it slap me back 600 but my enemies do thousands of damage). so i was thinking of asking for your advice or opinion about which is really more better.. do i have to reset my skills and dont used healing anymore or healing still recomended? you dont need to reveal your secrets here just need a little help to decide which and which and me to know more alot on mage..

thank you and Godblessed.

Give us some more details about your mage: level, starting rage and pvp or pve set?
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Pretty sure its either pvp set or nothing and either 30 rage or 0 so yeah.

Just hang on, healing is extremely useful later on, both in pvp and pve. Once you get your pve set (probably in 50s) you will always have tons of rage to spare.
      Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
      Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

lvl 46-21k br-pvp set.. yeah 30 rage start or 35... im still winning on gb without heal... but.lol i just got yelled out by my guildmate when i joined them on spire.my first run on spire as mage,my 1st time to yelled about not healing. no heal? you***lol.they said.i just realize my mistake. sorry for my disturbance it wont happen again,") ill reset my skill on my 26th check in... ty.

Comment

tough one sonic... i reset my sills about 6 times, and i have two books.

1. I prefer DPS all the way, healn is for the weak. Arena, BG, GBattles, solo campaign, ToK
          2. Full healer spec for groups, Spire and Dungeon runs starting with GoD and TL.

Up to GoD healing didnt have a high requirement in a group, so i had a hybrid setup, resto sunt and Aoe's, at GoD i needed puri and enough heal to keep the paper thin tanks up. i changed my books to full dps AoE spec: LB, RoF, Meteor, Damnation, Resto. I would do these levels all in 40 gear set. Healing: LB, Puri(or meteor), rest, sunt, BL. NOW in 50's and 60 levels i cant be anything else but healer unless another mage joins group. I changed my dps spec to included thunderer and Delphic and setup damnation on healer spec; i survived to 60 in pvp gear, now i have full 60 gear. (PVP gear sucked! for rage requirements, i wish i focused on 50 gear early and didn't skip it)

Long winded answer for, you will change your make up a few times. You can't be just a DPS or Healer in later levels. Hybrid Mages always do well; and we all become hybrid as we level through late 60's levels.
          Last edited by jalexwolf; 10-25-2013, 08:50 AM.

JalexGiaWolf
          65 Mage
          Server 253
          Guild: Introspect

" Healing is my speciality ... and i have cookies! ..."

Comment

healing for the weak?well you sir just talked a new **** today....
            depends on your lvl and wether you gonna camp at some level assuming you are a non-casher who is doing normal lvl then go with heal build if slow lvl go with PvP build(try to max first bolt,rof,md,passasive skills and at least resto lv1) if you have double skills well obviosly take both

Comment

healing for the weak?well you sir just talked a new **** today....
              Ma'am actually; my dear fellow mage S44, likes to follow me around forums and be horribly offended by everything i post... IF YOU NEED TO HEAL TO WIN, you are weak in DPS! end the battle, kill the other guy first. (if you disagree with that statement S44, maybe you should hand in your staff )

the only other opponent that can resist Matk is another mage, so your DPS should be superior in most cases.

JalexGiaWolf
              65 Mage
              Server 253

Comment

Bhaha go play archer then.

Comment

Originally posted by jalexwolf View Post
                  Ma'am actually; my dear fellow mage S44, likes to follow me around forums and be horribly offended by everything i post... IF YOU NEED TO HEAL TO WIN, you are weak in DPS! end the battle, kill the other guy first. (if you disagree with that statement S44, maybe you should hand in your staff )

the only other opponent that can resist Matk is another mage, so your DPS should be superior in most cases.
                  So you're the type that goes brutality > aoes in arena and gets pwnd after turn 3? lol good!

Comment

For most battles heal is not needed. For the battles that matter healing capability is crucial.
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Sonic .... this is off topic but with in the realm of what you were asking about. Many mages think they need to heal to win solo fights. hence my fellow mages argue against me. I DONT LOOSE easily. Yes the hardest part about being a mage is we are probably the only class that has to be two different things. You need different astrals, talents and stats to support both sides. I think we have the hardest time in the beginning, low level. But in 50 to 60 we become dominate over archers and knights.

1. ADD - always do damage
                      2. Intel stat for both heal and dps
                      3. talents to support defence. Big templars, and academy. I mitigate up to 25% damage with astrals and talents+my illusion astral to Dodge the occasional hit
                      4. I love talent that shortens meteor CD. you get to cast more often with no down time

rotation: (pay attention now Littlelyseria) Brutal, ROF, Meteor, LB, Blood Rune, Meteor, ROF, LB,(Thunderer) or Rof Meteor or Resto if the opponent is strong enough. I do this with only 36K hp against opponents that have 45-60k HP and i dont have a stellar BR
                      rotation: (my old rotation) Brutal, Damnation, ROF, Meteor, LB, Blood Rune, Meteor, ROF, LB

JalexGiaWolf
                      65 Mage
                      Server 253

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                        For most battles heal is not needed. For the battles that matter healing capability is crucial.
                        If i understand it right than:

- if you win without healing than the opponent was weaker than you and ofcourse you dont need heal
                        - if the enemy is slightly lower or same BR than heal is crucial
                        - if enemy is stronger than you (specially mage vs mage) than timing heals and blood runes is the difference between winning and loosing.

But anyway, without heal you are pretty much useless mage since archer does more damage and u cannot tank as a knight, therefore without double skills you will have hardtime looking for a party

Starting from bloodlands where you cannot go without puri ending on any other harder MPD where healing is simply a must.

my 2 cents and please if you dont agree dont quote me

Comment

Haha good luck winning against a mage without healing.

Comment

Originally posted by jalexwolf View Post

follow you?merely saying you are dumb,healing for weak?you play mage or just troll around? in ga you can beat higher br teams cause of heal in bg you can kill knights without them touching you etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Mitashki View Post
                              If i understand it right than:

- if you win without healing than the opponent was weaker than you and ofcourse you dont need heal
                              - if the enemy is slightly lower or same BR than heal is crucial
                              - if enemy is stronger than you (specially mage vs mage) than timing heals and blood runes is the difference between winning and loosing.

But anyway, without heal you are pretty much useless mage since archer does more damage and u cannot tank as a knight, therefore without double skills you will have hardtime looking for a party

Starting from bloodlands where you cannot go without puri ending on any other harder MPD where healing is simply a must.

my 2 cents and please if you dont agree dont quote me
                              for bloodlands no heal is needed maybe one sun?no other heal..and i agree in your points there expect heal can save us against archers? sorry but if its vs archers just dmg first otherwise you will 99% of time die

Comment

Working...
                              X