Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi everyone ! i have an idea that will help all of us ...it;s about Tower Of kings..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post deleted for saying a stupidity due to tired neurons, going to recharge them, cya later
    Last edited by Draggyy; 10-24-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I do feel the need to chime in on this... The scaling of ToK is actually quite broken.

As player's BRs increase cross-server the levels become more difficult. Remember when ToK came out and the hard level was 80k BR to complete and NM was 100K BR to complete? Well, now that those top-16 cross-server player's BR have increased 10k-20k more from where they were when ToK came out - due to academy blessing, new mounts, levels, etc. - the difficulties have similarly increased as the character representations inside ToK are similarly stronger.

My team of players, fully buffed, are 118k, 111k, 106k and 101k and we cannot take NM past L2, where we should be clearing it based on what the level of difficulty was when released.

This is just bad coding in my opinion. While player name and classes being used from the cross-server rankings is nice, their stats being used is wrong. I don't believe there are any groups that can beat ToK NM right now. I've spoken with CW winners and their teams from the original servers, and they've only cleared up to NM 3.

ToK difficulty should be static, not dynamic based upon the top players. It's not realistic that any group of 4 players from any server are going to beat the top-4 cross-server players combined, even with buffs, after one takes into account the scaling that takes place in ToK NM. Even ToK Hard L5 is a challenge for us, and again, we've got an average buffed BR of nearly 110k.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchist View Post
        Shadows of players in ToK have every skill available to their class - has nothing to do with the skills that the player has on their bar. To the rest that have suggested stripping gear/astrals to make their shadows easier, this has been relayed to the devs and we await their final decision on whether or not it's an exploit.
        It shouldn't be considered an exploit simply because there are valid reasons other than ToK for doing so. I take off my Goddess Blessing and EWD Astrals (since it doesn't affect BR rating) to allow Guild Archers fast kills on me in Solo Arena, as well as for overnight plunders of those from other guilds since there aren't a whole lot of L70+ on the server to hit.

As I just said in my last post, ToK should not be basing the combatants off player's stats / astrals. Because it does, it makes beating ToK NM impossible. Each level of ToK should have a base profile for each class that it uses, and that profile should not scale. These combatants already have ALL the Skills and seemingly unlimited rage and enhanced cooldowns (I've seen Shadow-Malleus cast a Delphic Hell Thunder followed by a Blessed Light followed by a Delphic Hell Thunder - which should be impossible). Adding the scaling of the player profile is just downright unfair and essentially create a no-win event.

Comment

I thought forum moderators are here to enforce forum rules and try to keep the forums clean for players to discuss.

But I see Anarchist trying to enforce "ghost" ToS on players by saying that even suggesting stripping of gear as "an exploit". Seems to me that he is trying to mean that "suggestions" in forums can get players suspended or banned.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            I thought forum moderators are here to enforce forum rules and try to keep the forums clean for players to discuss.

But I see Anarchist trying to enforce "ghost" ToS on players by saying that even suggesting stripping of gear as "an exploit". Seems to me that he is trying to mean that "suggestions" in forums can get players suspended or banned.
            Malleus,

Your Shadow is obviously using an exploit and must be penalized. Someone will get back to you from the Dev Staff .

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post

But in all seriousness, what you're saying is spot on. It's VERY bad form to have a suggestions forum and start declaring perfectly acceptable in-game tactics as "exploits."

Am I going to get banned if I were to swap my Holy Mysticality for a Holy Force if I'm a Mage? Am I going to be punished for leaving off Astrals when I log out? Are they going to tell me that because I didn't use potions before I logged that I'm exploiting Tower of Kings? Really?!

A player's freedom to equip their character with Astrals / Items should only be limited by the code in place, and NOT by some subjective stance on what is or isn't an exploit. This is coming from someone who has been a game-developer for 4 separate MMOs dating back to 1992 when they were text-based. It's just common sense - because you can't reasonably police it, nor should admin HAVE to police the player-base if the game is coded right.

That's why I said above that ToK stats should not be taken from player profiles, but should be static class-based profiles by level that just affix a character's persona over it. I could take 5 minutes and whip up a basic chart of stats that would make ToK unexploitable by players, and make the ability to eventually beat ToK NM an actual possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                Even ToK Hard L5 is a challenge for us, and again, we've got an average buffed BR of nearly 110k.
                Really? I always thought a team of average 100k would be able to pass it easy. Of course the combination of the shadows makes it tricky (3 Knights and an Archer is way easier than 2 Archers 2 Mages for instance), but I had assumed 100k would have allowed you to clear hard L5 easily.

My team averages slightly lower than 90k, and even hard L4 is a pain sometimes so NM is out of the question lol
                [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                Frostie
                Mage
                VictisHNR

Comment

Originally posted by FrostieTheSnowman View Post
                  Really? I always thought a team of average 100k would be able to pass it easy. Of course the combination of the shadows makes it tricky (3 Knights and an Archer is way easier than 2 Archers 2 Mages for instance), but I had assumed 100k would have allowed you to clear hard L5 easily.

My team averages slightly lower than 90k, and even hard L4 is a pain sometimes so NM is out of the question lol
                  My Region (East Coast) is VERY Mage-Heavy. Of the top-8 BRs, 5 are consistently Mages. Running into a Knight, Archer and 2 Mages is the worst because you're dealing with Apollo, Damage Buff, Scattershot, Both Archer & Mage AoE Stunning Delphics and Sunto / Resto / BL Healing. It's crazy. ToK Hard L5 has, on more than a few occasions, 1-round killed party members with 80k+ HP. It's Brutal.

Comment

For the little children being obstinate and rude, get a life. Seriously, just because some asks or suggests something you berate them? You're a bunch of real winners let me tell you. As far as the ToK hard and nightmare go though. I wish they would make the system more advanced for this. Almost no one on my server has passed ToK hard even at with a 100K BR team we can't pass it. There are some people that strip their gear every once in a while but fighting someone with 150k+ BR with AoE just doesn't work.. R2 needs to rescale the percentage of power they get on hard. Sadly, the top 4 are almost always stripped so there are a few handful of 70k BR people that can run ToK NM and pass. I've been waiting for the chance to take out hard once they're stripped....one of these days I hope.

Comment

just lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchist View Post
                        Shadows of players in ToK have every skill available to their class - has nothing to do with the skills that the player has on their bar. To the rest that have suggested stripping gear/astrals to make their shadows easier, this has been relayed to the devs and we await their final decision on whether or not it's an exploit.
                        ROTFLMFAO.

How about relaying everthing that is actually "broken" or "bugged" to the devs instead of trying to stop people from "helping" others?
                        Or would that Broken/bugged list be a little long to complete in an email.

I will start the above list

1. Circuit Quest reset bug.

Feel free to add any bugs/broken bits you like and this will be forwarded to the devs by someone at some time, with no hope of ever getting it examined or repaired

Disclaimer:- I am in no way insinuating that it was Anarchist who relayed this to the devs, as it is unclear whether he/she is stating a fact or actually telling us it's something that they have done personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Adelinnn View Post
                          Hi all i am PewPew from s122 i have agreat idea about ToK ..

What do u think if we all help each other with this...

We all know that is a pain in the ... 2 do it .. especially hard ..or think about NM ..

So i thought about this... the players that are in tok that we fight with them...they should NOT pick SKILLS in hotbar ..

So they will atk manually ...

Okey i wait answers...

P.S. this will help a lot in game all of us think about it .. ty gl & hf
                          So funny how easy you want it to why not ask replace people with lvl 1 monster instent?

Or why not ask for get TOP players frome you own server instent of Cross-side people?
                          Character - Taggen
                          Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
                          Class - Archer
                          Battle Rating -2.4M BR
                          Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
                          Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

ToK really is broken to a point where it gets undoable. Before they introduced the sylphs my Archer (back then 70k br) even with lag was able to beat tok easy with all of them fully dressed and 4 knights who kept intercepting the hell out of it without any issues. Now if i get unlucky tok easy poses a real challenge because the thing that actually does an immense part of the damage is the sylph. When a fully dressed knight on a delphic does 5k dmg to my toon but a sylph hits it for 15k dmg every round something is obviously very wrong. if u look at it on the other levels u see the same thing happening: The Sylphs dish out a whole lot more damage then the actual toons do while my sylph barely does the damage my non crit arrow shot does. Sylphs get in no way dialed down from what damage they deal they only get pumped up.

Just 2 weeks ago we went into tok normal with my mage. We couldn't get past lvl4 of tok normal with an average of 70k br which used to be the br limit of which u need to pass tok normal.

I say thank u to anyone who helps everyone out by basically stripping their toons for us so everyone can get a slice of the tok cake on a level they SHOULD be playing on.
                            server: Kabam s30
                            IGN: Leighton
                            Class: Archer
                            Level: 80

Comment

I must say only good thing of merging old servers with new is that old players helped new pass tok hard now new players are so much happy clearing tok nm its legendary:P

Comment

So if I can't pass level "x" in ToK it means my character's weak. Sure, I'll agree to that. But how exactly am I, a new player, expected to compete with the strongest players cross-server? How am I ever going to catch up with them? You'll probably say I have to wait, grow, get levels, get a higher BR. Sure, while I do that, so do those players. There will always be a gap. Should I start cashing like crazy so I can pass a ToK lvl?
                                Meh, ToK's an interesting idea with a horrible execution.

Comment

Working...
                                X