Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Pros and Cons about being a knight - keep it simple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros and Cons about being a knight - keep it simple

I'm creating this thread to hopefully get people to post here rather than interrupt a thread where you're supposed to be showing off 'Knights'. So lets get this started:

Cons:
    • Being a knight you'll never be good in WB without balen help
    • MPD's will be much more challenging at the higher lvls. They still need tanks, but some archers tank if they've spent enough cash, mages will never ever tank ...they just can't - simple
    • You'll need lots of patience if you wish to be a good knight, you'll only start to shine late game. The bottom line is the mage and archers need to spend WAY more balens to get their characters half decent later in the game, but don't expect to be a great knight by spending balens at the start of the game
    • You'll never be smexy with lots of damage. With a PVE set you'll be a damage dealer but not as good as an archer or mage (hence why we suck in WB). Like in so many knight posts, you are meant to outlast your opponent. Do not try to do lots of damage without a good balance of pdef and mdef (yes knights can build mdef ..but this takes time and targeting the correct refinements)
    • If you're impatient, then the knight is not for you. Mages rule at the middle of the game because of the templars (they heal troops and prevent you from killing them). But this strategy does not work later in the game and using brut rune with ww will negate any sort of reliance mages have with troops. Mages will need to be good at healing themselves, and this will not work if your hs is greater
    • Don't worry about others saying it'll be near impossible for a knight to get the latest pve set ..they always say that. Wartune makes the dungeon easier later in the game. Just don't expect to be one of the first to have the new pve set

Pros:
    • You are needed in gb and arena for a successful team
    • You will spend far less money to be successful. Later in the game knights have bigger advantages, the only way for the other classes to win is to spend way more cash. Wings are essential because they play into the % boosts you get from skills
    • Spire and Tower of Kings are essential to have a good knight
    • You will get stronger in consistent increments, just do the dailies and contests ..it'll happen. The other classes will need to spend more effort and CASH to keep up.

However, that being said..it's a long journey for a knight and requires a lot of humility at the beginning and middle of the game. There are far fewer knights because of this fact.

Pro:
    you love archers
    Look cool, mostly

Con:
    mages loves you
    Suck in cata and necropolis

Comment

The problem I found while leveling a knight is how boring it is. I wish I endured back then seeing how good they become, but still, it's not close to being as fun as mage/archer is.
      Player Class: Archer
      Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

1. I agree, knights have a long journey ..and it was not exciting
        2. Knights in late game are now poised to become the strongest class again (with brut and heal rune), this is why wartune upgraded troops from knight to Templar
        3. Late game knights have stronger shields that don't 'pop' as easy so mages/archers will have tougher time
        4. Hopefully, there are less knights endgame so wartune doesn't upgrade troops again or throw another wrench such as another troop upgrade..knights are only recovering now from the last troop upgrade (it was painful)
        5. Knights will always become the most powerful class endgame if they level enough (because of % in skills)

Comment

Pros:
          U can counter archers in GB and arena
          Cons:
          1. At level 75+ you cannot win against mages and itll be a tight competition against the archers in BG coz of the damn troops..
          2. You will always be the least favoured class in any MPD
          3. With every patch, you will slide down further, coz the game designers hate knights....
          Patch 1.5 - Templars came to screw the knights
          Patch 1.6 - Blessing wheel came to boost other people's troop count and make templars tougher.
          Patch 2.1 - Another academy page will make sure that troop counts of 2700 is a normal thing, and that will hurt knights the most, theres no way knights can kill those troops without spending loads of moves.

With the extra academy page, knights will clearly be the absolute worst class in BG(even worse than archers who have some multi hit skills unlike knights).
          Overall, knights are not the recommended class. Mages are the best by a long shot. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by R27355993 View Post
            1. I agree, knights have a long journey ..and it was not exciting
            2. Knights in late game are now poised to become the strongest class again (with brut and heal rune), this is why wartune upgraded troops from knight to Templar
            3. Late game knights have stronger shields that don't 'pop' as easy so mages/archers will have tougher time
            4. Hopefully, there are less knights endgame so wartune doesn't upgrade troops again or throw another wrench such as another troop upgrade..knights are only recovering now from the last troop upgrade (it was painful)
            5. Knights will always become the most powerful class endgame if they level enough (because of % in skills)
            Do u realize that adding another academy page will boost everyone's troop count to over 2700?? I hope that page does not have a troop count stat..

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
              Pros:
              U can counter archers in GB and arena
              Cons:
              1. At level 75+ you cannot win against mages and itll be a tight competition against the archers in BG coz of the damn troops..
              2. You will always be the least favoured class in any MPD
              3. With every patch, you will slide down further, coz the game designers hate knights....
              Patch 1.5 - Templars came to screw the knights
              Patch 1.6 - Blessing wheel came to boost other people's troop count and make templars tougher.
              Patch 2.1 - Another academy page will make sure that troop counts of 2700 is a normal thing, and that will hurt knights the most, theres no way knights can kill those troops without spending loads of moves.

With the extra academy page, knights will clearly be the absolute worst class in BG(even worse than archers who have some multi hit skills unlike knights).
              Overall, knights are not the recommended class. Mages are the best by a long shot. Period.
              if this is true, why do i kill so many mages?

Comment

Let's keep this thread clean and not argue. Anyways, it's true the previous and the upcoming patch is more towards disadvantage for the knights. And yes, i still can kill mages but it sure takes more work compared to before and it's not easy.

Comment

if this is true, why do i kill so many mages?
                  Coz your a heavy casher facing 10k lower BR mages??

Comment

Have No idea why knight want be evry class killer stop complaining on it

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Coz your a heavy casher facing 10k lower BR mages??
                      It's all about HS really, when you get to these levels those extra hits make the difference. guess i really did hurt your feelings ..poor boy

Comment

It's all about HS really, when you get to these levels those extra hits make the difference. guess i really did hurt your feelings ..poor boy
                        I know that it's all about HS, but we are already assuming that they have equal HS. And i have got to "those levels"(u know the levels where everyone has maxed HS) and have played characters at a probably higher level than u have(unless u have a level 80+ char) and knights are the worst class in those levels. They simply cannot beat mages and fights with archers go down to the wire, all because they dont have multi hit skills.
                        Last edited by kattuktk; 10-27-2013, 07:47 AM.

Comment

I know that it's all about HS, but we are already assuming that they have equal HS. And i have got to "those levels"(u know the levels where everyone has maxed HS) and have played characters at a probably higher level than u have(unless u have a level 80+ char) and knights are the worst class in those levels. They simply cannot beat mages and fights with archers go down to the wire, all because they dont have multi hit skills.
                          You're so defensive, how can we assume one aspect and not others (i.e. rune lvls, mount str etc). what is a lvl playing field between classes? all you wish to do is show that mages are the best to suit your ego

Comment

On our server I have seen the true strength of the Knight. I agree....Knight takes patience but once you get there the Knight is a strong bugger. I myself kill mages easy even if they heal their troops lol. Having said that, our shield and defense is a definite advantage. The fact that we don't have to cash up so much is a definite advantage for me

In conclusion: Everybody has their preference but facts speak for themselves indeed.
                            GodsofWar Guild Master
                            Char: Gizella on S222
                            From Sunny South Africa

Comment

The reason there's not many Knight isn't because they are weak at the start. It's because they're boring to play and in every game, people love DPS classes.
                              I normally always play tank type classes, except here, I tried but man is it boring in Wartune to be a knight.
                              Player Class: Archer
                              Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Working...
                              X