Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Pros and Cons about being a knight - keep it simple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R27355993 View Post
    You're so defensive, how can we assume one aspect and not others (i.e. rune lvls, mount str etc). what is a lvl playing field between classes? all you wish to do is show that mages are the best to suit your ego
    Ummmm.... bro they are OP indeed, ask any level 75+ and you will get your answer

Comment

The discussion come to an end the moment kattuktk says knight sucks. You can't argue back because he's always right. lol

Comment

Originally posted by darrylch View Post
        The discussion come to an end the moment kattuktk says knight sucks. You can't argue back because he's always right. lol
        True, i'll just continue killing mages and remember what he said and laugh

Comment

Originally posted by R27355993 View Post
          I'm creating this thread to hopefully get people to post here rather than interrupt a thread where you're supposed to be showing off 'Knights'. So lets get this started:

Cons:
          • Being a knight you'll never be good in WB without balen help
          • MPD's will be much more challenging at the higher lvls. They still need tanks, but some archers tank if they've spent enough cash, mages will never ever tank ...they just can't - simple
          • You'll need lots of patience if you wish to be a good knight, you'll only start to shine late game. The bottom line is the mage and archers need to spend WAY more balens to get their characters half decent later in the game, but don't expect to be a great knight by spending balens at the start of the game
          • You'll never be smexy with lots of damage. With a PVE set you'll be a damage dealer but not as good as an archer or mage (hence why we suck in WB). Like in so many knight posts, you are meant to outlast your opponent. Do not try to do lots of damage without a good balance of pdef and mdef (yes knights can build mdef ..but this takes time and targeting the correct refinements)
          • If you're impatient, then the knight is not for you. Mages rule at the middle of the game because of the templars (they heal troops and prevent you from killing them). But this strategy does not work later in the game and using brut rune with ww will negate any sort of reliance mages have with troops. Mages will need to be good at healing themselves, and this will not work if your hs is greater
          • Don't worry about others saying it'll be near impossible for a knight to get the latest pve set ..they always say that. Wartune makes the dungeon easier later in the game. Just don't expect to be one of the first to have the new pve set

Pros:
          • You are needed in gb and arena for a successful team
          • You will spend far less money to be successful. Later in the game knights have bigger advantages, the only way for the other classes to win is to spend way more cash. Wings are essential because they play into the % boosts you get from skills
          • Spire and Tower of Kings are essential to have a good knight
          • You will get stronger in consistent increments, just do the dailies and contests ..it'll happen. The other classes will need to spend more effort and CASH to keep up.

However, that being said..it's a long journey for a knight and requires a lot of humility at the beginning and middle of the game. There are far fewer knights because of this fact.
          Your con 1: knights can do good in wb if they buy a second skill tree with max edd and lvl 6,7,8 transposers with free balens or locked balens that shall come. Their edd is really strong. I hope that is not considered balen help. Yeah yeah, I know that archers dominates because of their crit, but I heard that late in the game crit becomes difficult to maintain and they need to invest heavily in it. If they are not heavy cashers I strongly believe will destroyer becomes better than critical at that point. Just an opinion so don't bash me
          con 2: Actually I saw enough mages tank just fine,every heavy casher can regardless of the class, but people with normal br needs a knight with apollo and shield
          con 3: from how you phrase it, it seems to be con in the beginning and pro later in the game. So how did this resulted in a con? Just because it takes a few months to shine isn't a con, in fact if you play for a few years this game is actually a pro since you suffered only a few months while archers enjoys it for the first few months and cries for the rest of the game if they didn't used their wb advantage wisely
          con 4 : true that archers has high damage, but what do you know, they fear you. why? You are to focused on attack and fail to see the wonders of defense and heal at dodge
          con 5: con for people which aren't patience, pro for people who are
          con 6: Didn't really understood it, guess I am tired, going to sleep a little
          Last edited by Draggyy; 10-27-2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I just noticed that even though both of you and your opponent has the same level of HS, there IS A CHANCE that you will be stunned for 2 rounds...

I am level 58, and my HS already capped, and I know that HS of a level 59 player is also capped at level 10, same as me, but sometimes, I become stunned for two rounds.

Anyways, the one good thing I like in knight is that they are a challenge - more challenge means more fun... Add to that the fact that you are a non-casher.. Being able to make a strong knight without using cash will be a hard task, but not impossible... It will really give you satisfaction.

Right now, although I'm not 60, I'm enjoying being a knight... In bg (which is cross server), i would be most of the time mvp, in mpds, i'm effective tank and a destroyer.. In 3v3 arena, wearing a legend 50 set makes me a really good tank and a destroyer too... (Even they used intercept on me repeatedly, I would gain rage in 1 and a half turn for a whirlwind, and 2 turns for a delphic). In duel, I can beat some level 69 players who are rank 40 and above (have to take note that lower level player has reduced damaged given to a high level player)... And I haven't used cash, and even a free balens, cause no free balens here in our country...

Of course, I probably know now that some of who read this will say that when I get to 60+ bg, I will have a hard time... I don't care if it is true... I'll just think how to be still the best....

You know, this is not about the type of character you are playing - this is all about mind, mind-games... Use your mind, and you can do things which many people thought impossible.

Knights pose a challenge... While using mage get boring in the end game (cause they can kill other class easily? duh... no challenge).... Harder challenger gives more fun... Hail to the knights!!! Booooo to the mages!!! Nyahahahahahaha!!!

Anyways, I really hope that locked vouchers could really buy wings, cause I really want to have a pair, and some stat boosts..

Comment

same br and hs levels knights dont have a chance to kill a mage
              Love The Gamez

Comment

Bg will suck for knights at 65+? Doesnt matter since im getting Lord Divine at lv59 and never attending anymore knight-hating-events :P
                Non casher Psuedo-non casher Light Casher Medium Casher Heavy Casher God Casher
                _______________^

Comment

Don't worry about others saying it'll be near impossible for a knight to get the latest pve set ..they always say that. Wartune makes the dungeon easier later in the game. Just don't expect to be one of the first to have the new pve set
                  wait what?
                  I wonder where you get this :P
                  I just need 10 more days for my last piece of pve set and 27 days for the last part leg.
                  soya....
                  âœ* S3 Worg's Lair
                  âœ* Prizzly
                  âœ* Knight
                  âœ* Guild Queen of HERMES

Comment

Originally posted by NecroDeath4 View Post
                    Bg will suck for knights at 65+? Doesnt matter since im getting Lord Divine at lv59 and never attending anymore knight-hating-events :P
                    then skip the event bg kill quests?

Comment

I think how they designed the game actually reflect on how it really would go in reality.

Knights: Train in skillz and muscles *coughmeatsackcough*. Those take a lot of patience. Money only needed to buy equipments on par with the progress.

Archers: Ahem - Crossbowman, lack defense, high damage. Since you can't apply the force of your muscles on a crossbow, money needed to buy better equipments, hence the most expensive class to take advantage of crit.

Mages: Lack brawn, can heal instead. Do extra damage to meat heads. Versatile, leading to confusion on which build to go. Takes time to know what you want to do, and thinking so much takes away muscle work. Wusses.

#rant
                      The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                        The reason there's not many Knight isn't because they are weak at the start. It's because they're boring to play and in every game, people love DPS classes.
                        I normally always play tank type classes, except here, I tried but man is it boring in Wartune to be a knight.
                        This whole game is boring of any class lol. There only a few skills each class can use. It isn't like other classes take more skill than another lol. You just press a few keys here and there. Other mmos have more skills to use and more things like that. No one plays knights here bc they take awhile to build up. To be a decent knight you need to be over 60+ with pve gear. Archers and mages have a cake walk through most of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by darrylch View Post
                          The funny thing is his main is a knight. If he hates knights so much and think that they suck badly. Then why doesn't he play a mage? As I already stated in other threads he has a huge ego he needs to fill up. No on can argue with him bc he thinks he is the almighty god of wartune here. We should all just says to kat and move on with the discussion. In fact I do agree with a lot of kat comments. About how mages are OP and they basically can run anyone over. It's just the way he points out stuff to try to make others feel like they are nothing and he is the best player here. You can't have any disagreements or he gets all defensive and then starts to try mock you bc you don't spend as much as others do.
                          Last edited by 0xykotton; 10-27-2013, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Hey, is it about me ? :P

Originally posted by Kalesie View Post
                            On our server I have seen the true strength of the Knight. I agree....Knight takes patience but once you get there the Knight is a strong bugger. I myself kill mages easy even if they heal their troops lol. Having said that, our shield and defense is a definite advantage. The fact that we don't have to cash up so much is a definite advantage for me

In conclusion: Everybody has their preference but facts speak for themselves indeed.
                            Abibi
                            Knight:-Level 62

Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisz View Post
                              Hey, is it about me ? :P
                              abi what server you from? o.O

Comment

so far today i accumulated 3000 points in bg, was killed once by a mage. i believe he was potted and scrolled to the max and using a double honor scroll

Comment

Working...
                                X