Pros and Cons about being a knight - keep it simple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetbella69 View Post
    sorry not to sure about ur sever but my sever has wayyy to much tanks on it we need more mage's and wayyyyy more archer's.... we are always looking for archer's and good ones too that know how to use there skills.... that is the biggest prob we have on my sever is the archer's and some want the mage's too
    for some reasons archers seem to be problem in every server...or at least the ones i playd lol

Comment

anyways knights want to kill mages and archers lolz GREED!!!! -_- just focus on your pdef and kill archers and knights and run from mages like mages run from archers

Comment

Originally posted by R27355993 View Post
        I'm creating this thread to hopefully get people to post here rather than interrupt a thread where you're supposed to be showing off 'Knights'. So lets get this started:

Cons:
        • Being a knight you'll never be good in WB without balen help
        • MPD's will be much more challenging at the higher lvls. They still need tanks, but some archers tank if they've spent enough cash, mages will never ever tank ...they just can't - simple
        • You'll need lots of patience if you wish to be a good knight, you'll only start to shine late game. The bottom line is the mage and archers need to spend WAY more balens to get their characters half decent later in the game, but don't expect to be a great knight by spending balens at the start of the game
        • You'll never be smexy with lots of damage. With a PVE set you'll be a damage dealer but not as good as an archer or mage (hence why we suck in WB). Like in so many knight posts, you are meant to outlast your opponent. Do not try to do lots of damage without a good balance of pdef and mdef (yes knights can build mdef ..but this takes time and targeting the correct refinements)
        • If you're impatient, then the knight is not for you. Mages rule at the middle of the game because of the templars (they heal troops and prevent you from killing them). But this strategy does not work later in the game and using brut rune with ww will negate any sort of reliance mages have with troops. Mages will need to be good at healing themselves, and this will not work if your hs is greater
        • Don't worry about others saying it'll be near impossible for a knight to get the latest pve set ..they always say that. Wartune makes the dungeon easier later in the game. Just don't expect to be one of the first to have the new pve set

Pros:
        • You are needed in gb and arena for a successful team
        • You will spend far less money to be successful. Later in the game knights have bigger advantages, the only way for the other classes to win is to spend way more cash. Wings are essential because they play into the % boosts you get from skills
        • Spire and Tower of Kings are essential to have a good knight
        • You will get stronger in consistent increments, just do the dailies and contests ..it'll happen. The other classes will need to spend more effort and CASH to keep up.

However, that being said..it's a long journey for a knight and requires a lot of humility at the beginning and middle of the game. There are far fewer knights because of this fact.
        another pro from all i have seen and did the math on it is remotely possible for a end game knight to survive 6th hit from the boss. Unproven as of yet because many current 70+ knights lack the near max to max block along with the extreme high hp. But with 4% hp recovery on block you get total 29% damage reduction so max wb buff hp pot buff etc it should be barely doable. More a goal to achieve than something really useful as it would prob be like a 1 in 1000 type deal. Then again we could all end up surprised and it could happen constantly or never who knows for sure. But fact remains regardless of how the other classes are built it will never be possible with them period.

Comment

I did say Knights are simply muscle heads, no one listened~~

But to be honest, that Knight on the video kat showed, was so bad, it hurts my brain. That battle could have been a close one if the Knight had both Delphies on his bar. His use of runes was so awesome as well, like a real pro And the Mage was not that much better, there should have been 4 Thunderer casts on that fight... bleh, I could go on, but it's just not worth it. Purely money power, no brainer.

Oh and someone did ask about the limit of 3000 per heal on block. They put it there for some time during 1.6, but removed not long after upon realizing how screwed Knights are with that limit.
          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by xnovaflarex View Post
            another pro from all i have seen and did the math on it is remotely possible for a end game knight to survive 6th hit from the boss
            I might have not read everything between that discussion, but I think you're talking about World Bosses, so I'll tell you one thing. No one survive that unless it's from Illusion proc. Since each hit is about a million damage, you'd need at least 3 million HP without Illusion to survive that. As far as I know, even GM Gears don't give you that much stats.

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
              I might have not read everything between that discussion, but I think you're talking about World Bosses, so I'll tell you one thing. No one survive that unless it's from Illusion proc. Since each hit is about a million damage, you'd need at least 3 million HP without Illusion to survive that. As far as I know, even GM Gears don't give you that much stats.
              Damage varies a fair bit from the 6th hit. Ive seen lows of about 2 million to highs of 5 or 6 million. For a player to survive they would need 2 million - 29% for a knight 1.42 million hp to just die with out any overage on damage. Now in a vid i just seen the knight had 220k+ hp but was not in wb and i doubt he was fully maxed on hp gems pots and was of corse missing wb buff from balens and vouchers that give 100% boost total. So in wb he would have 440k+any endurance pots health scrolls etc which would give another 150k+ then you have tech and blessing wheel buff. As i said this would not be a consistent thing and may not be possible. Truth is we will not know if it is for months yet. I my self am building my knight as a max pdef mdef hp block knight. Also we do not know yet what other fate skills we will have are going to be. We do know brutal edge gives nice bonuses to hp but what might other fate skills give us ?

But again what is a fact is this knights will be the only class that even has the remotest chance of surviving that world boss 6th hit.

Comment

I did say Knights are simply muscle heads, no one listened~~

But to be honest, that Knight on the video kat showed, was so bad, it hurts my brain. That battle could have been a close one if the Knight had both Delphies on his bar. His use of runes was so awesome as well, like a real pro And the Mage was not that much better, there should have been 4 Thunderer casts on that fight... bleh, I could go on, but it's just not worth it. Purely money power, no brainer.

Oh and someone did ask about the limit of 3000 per heal on block. They put it there for some time during 1.6, but removed not long after upon realizing how screwed Knights are with that limit.
                Ah thankyou for the confirmation

Comment

Originally posted by xnovaflarex View Post
                  {snips**
                  Hmmm... still, wouldn't thinking about that a bit too soon? We wouldn't go anywhere near that anytime soon, it might take more than a year. And surviving that attack would only result in a bit late on your next fight. I don't think I'd want it that badly.

{OuO**

Comment

Doesn't that mean that even the devs considered knights op and tried to balance the classes?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                      Hmmm... still, wouldn't thinking about that a bit too soon? We wouldn't go anywhere near that anytime soon, it might take more than a year. And surviving that attack would only result in a bit late on your next fight. I don't think I'd want it that badly.
                      Yeh more a bragging rights thing really. To be effective it would have to be tanking from start to finish and that wont ever happen. Chances of once would be slim enough but to do it 20 or 30 times+ yeh nope never happening. What might honestly suck is if you were constantly doing it once per round. Like you said over all effect would be being late to start next round. Now sense it has never happened yet the real question is did the developers take in to account the slim chance of it happening? In other words would he throw sixth hit combos out after it? Or might the bosses not use the skill again and just use normal hits?

Comment

• Originally posted by xnovaflarex View Post
                        Yeh more a bragging rights thing really. To be effective it would have to be tanking from start to finish and that wont ever happen. Chances of once would be slim enough but to do it 20 or 30 times+ yeh nope never happening. What might honestly suck is if you were constantly doing it once per round. Like you said over all effect would be being late to start next round. Now sense it has never happened yet the real question is did the developers take in to account the slim chance of it happening? In other words would he throw sixth hit combos out after it? Or might the bosses not use the skill again and just use normal hits?
                        IIRC, Ward Tower in GW does the same thing, except only one hit. If you survive the 6th, it would do another mega hit again, so I think WB will do the same.

{OuO**

Comment

IIRC, Ward Tower in GW does the same thing, except only one hit. If you survive the 6th, it would do another mega hit again, so I think WB will do the same.
                          ward towers dont do another special attack after the first FYI..

Comment

It starts the attack cicle again... Zebq could survive like 6 mega hits or more. 5 small hits then one big.... 5 small hits then one big... and so on..

Comment

• Originally posted by R27355993 View Post
                              It's all about HS really, when you get to these levels those extra hits make the difference. guess i really did hurt your feelings ..poor boy
                              ok, I'm still learning this game, what is HS?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobbsh1 View Post
                                ok, I'm still learning this game, what is HS?
                                Holy Seal which is unlocked at level 50. It can stun a player for 1-3 turns if their Holy Seal level is lower than yours.

Comment

Working...
                                X