Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Why is this game so popular?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is this game so popular?

So Wartune will reach it's 383th server this week. And because i've never played this game, it got me wondering. Why is this game such a huge success compared to r2's other games? For example Broken Realm only has 7 servers and has pretty much been abandoned. So what makes Wartune a better game then Broken Realm?

Like I said I haven't played this game. Well, I've played the first 2minutes of it so far but not enough to form an opinion. So far the beginning seems to be very boring though, and absolutely everything seems to play itself. Even more so then r2's other games, which are (in)famous for their AFK-playing style. Does this change further into the game. Are there end-game features worth caring for? I don't see what is so amazing about this game that it became r2's front runner (no offense to people who play, I am just curious.)

To be fair, out of the 383 servers 320 of them are probably dead...

Its also highly P2W which is good for people with huge amounts of disposable income. Honestly, dunno it WAS super fun at first, now I just play to keep in touch with a friend of mine and the rest of the game is meh

Comment

also, divide 383 by 3 or 4, because that's what most merges are.

3 or 4 servers are merged into 1 server.

so technically, there are only around 90~150 servers, and only about half of those are active.

This game is ruled by Cashers and Heavy Cashers.

Free Player's population in here is less than 20%. (those that doesn't spend balen)

The game isn't popular at all, 80% of the general public dislike P2W games.

Only those with money to spend on P2W will like it, because as it is "Pay 2 Win"
      Last edited by anichaos; 10-27-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't know about other severs but most of my sever people are playing because of friends we made in game and we enjoy playing and competing each other.
        Most seems pretty bored with the game however none seems to be able to let go of it. (at least I can't, need counseling for my WT addition )
        :o Bacon FTW :o
        Kabam s1- Mage
        Guild-Derpicorns

Comment

Sad to hear the population of non-p2w players is low. I am starting on S380 when it opens today, but it I guess I don't have much of a chance if everyone cashes :P

Wish r2games would just make ONE game that isn't completely pay2win lol. Because for some weird reason, I do enjoy their games.

Comment

Why's this game so popular? Obviously because this game's P2W

Advice:
            If you just started playing this game, I tell you, you won't survive anywhere (world map, battleground, arena...) with no cash. This game's made just for heavy cashers, not for us "poor" players

I retired from this game, unable to compete against anyone else

Comment

Hmm.. now I am determined to play the new server just to beat cashers. This will be a fun challenge

Comment

@iRyahn: Good luck with that beating cashers goal of yours.

Oh and my take on its popularity, magic, cause how popular the game is defies logic.
                The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Game is popular bc it's a very competitive game. A lot of players love competitive games and this one is. Just that this is a huge pay2win game so the competition is not that great but still there is competition. Which is what makes it more addicting to people to continue playing this game. This game would be so much better if they at least shrunk the servers down to like 20 servers or something. Have like 5 big servers for each timezone and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by AkiraAgnar View Post
                    Why's this game so popular? Obviously because this game's P2W

Advice:
                    If you just started playing this game, I tell you, you won't survive anywhere (world map, battleground, arena...) with no cash. This game's made just for heavy cashers, not for us "poor" players

I retired from this game, unable to compete against anyone else
                    I don't think so, I non-cash/non-vip

but so far I can manage to survive

maybe u mean is dominated.
                    Nubito the Super Noob Mage in The Badlands

Comment

It is perfectly possible to be competitive in the game if you slow level without cash.

Once you get to 65+ cash is simply a must.
                      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                      [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

This game has a way of sucking you in. You click on one of the manh ads spammed across the internet and once u get started u don't stop lol

Comment

Hmm.. now I am determined to play the new server just to beat cashers. This will be a fun challenge
                          Everything you can do in a day is limited so you can't just grind a lot to beat cashers. There is no way you can compete for top spots within a server. You might get into top 20 or so, but that's about it.
                          Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
                          Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Originally posted by iRyahn View Post
                            Sad to hear the population of non-p2w players is low. I am starting on S380 when it opens today, but it I guess I don't have much of a chance if everyone cashes :P

Wish r2games would just make ONE game that isn't completely pay2win lol. Because for some weird reason, I do enjoy their games.
                            I think its safe to say atleast 90% of free to play games are pay2win. The only free to play game iv ever played where cashing doesnt really matter is League of Legends.

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                              Everything you can do in a day is limited so you can't just grind a lot to beat cashers. There is no way you can compete for top spots within a server. You might get into top 20 or so, but that's about it.
                              top 20 when the top 100 is 90% cashers is not bad

Comment

Working...
                              X