Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Sniper+Determination vs Will Destroyer in WB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My red L6 Crit + L7 Determination outperforms my L8 WD.

Food for thought.
    [S1] Temple of Ibalize
    Frostie
    Mage
    VictisHNR

Comment

Crit for wb on mage is a must, but that depends if u have the right astrals. Any lvl crit will do, its determination lvl that matters. You will crit about 80-85% of the time, and determination makes those hits ALOT harder. If you have hi lvl WD and low lvl crit astrals, stick with wd. Example, I have wd lvl 8 and i did better with that over lvl 3 crit/determination, but when i had lvl 6 crit determination they did way better than my lvl 8 wd.

Comment

EWD 10v = 150% damage

crit ype 0v crit and no determination = 150% damage (80-90% crit chance tho)

now imagine a JUST EVEN a 2k crit + v4 determination(+20%) would do lol

ewd lvl10 vs lvl4 determination >>> determination/crit wins

case close

Comment

Using lvl 5 determination and lvl 4 red crit, swapping all gems for crit for around 2200 crit total (0 from refines), crit rate is really really high, abount 70-80 I'd say.

I would say it all depends on astral lvls. of course lvl3 determination (for knights and mages) will never be better then lets say WD lvl7+, because of simple reason, which is damage increase. But of course same lvl determination will get you more gold as WD. At the moment I am using lvl9 WD on knight and aint swapping for my lvl5 determination at all.
          Lvl 3 determination will beat lvl 7 WD. 1.5*1.15 with say 70% crit rate is (0.7*1.5*1.15+0.3)=1.5x damage on average, whereas WD is just 1.35.
          Last edited by d07.RiV; 10-29-2013, 03:54 AM.
          Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
          Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

If you have WD lvl 10 you will see the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Clin7eas7wood View Post
              If you have WD lvl 10 you will see the difference.
              Even with WD lv10, it doesn't change the fact crit/deter build outdo WD on WB.

Comment

No you won't, lvl 5 determination would be much better still.

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                  Alright, I'll pump Snipers + Determination to level 3 each and give it a shot.
                  put them both at lvl 5, get det at level 6 and u will see. Im not sure how much crit adds, is it 1.5 x normal damage? Plus add the det damage.
                  Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Just remember that the earlier you get your Crit/Determination up, the better off you are in the long-term. You will obviously suffer in the short-term in PVP due to lower level WD/other astrals, but in the long run you'll be pulling in a substantially larger amount of gold and you will catch up with those who stuck with WD and those with low level Crit/Deter.

Short-term pain for long-term gain.
                    [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                    Frostie
                    Mage
                    VictisHNR

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                      I don't bother anymore. yes crit does helps a load better than EWD but unless you are an archer you will need tons of stack crit to get decent crits happening. Even if crits do proc more and better at WB you still need a decent crit stat.
                      Swap gems. Once you're in long-term armor (legitimate for opening all slots), build up enough critical gems to have 8 critical gems for world boss regardless of your normal build. Shouldn't be too hard to get 2000+ critical between swap gems and swap astrals even if your normal build isn't a critical build.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiKKihS View Post
                        EWD 10v = 150% damage

crit ype 0v crit and no determination = 150% damage (80-90% crit chance tho)

now imagine a JUST EVEN a 2k crit + v4 determination(+20%) would do lol

ewd lvl10 vs lvl4 determination >>> determination/crit wins

case close
                        This is correct

Im not even using crit gems anymore. Just LD medailon together with level 5 red crit astral is bringing me over 80% crit rate

Comment

Idk though, lvl 6 determination would make crits do 1.5+0.3=1.8x, or 1.5*1.3=1.95x damage?

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                            Idk though, lvl 6 determination would make crits do 1.5+0.3=1.8x, or 1.5*1.3=1.95x damage?
                            (1.5+0.3)*basic dmg, so its 1.8x

Comment

Working...
                            X