Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classes, builds & player expectations: A comparitive discussion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
    Hmmm..your right we could use EHW but we would never EVER win a fight. Period.

You gain 10 rage per round, on that you are correct. But an archer would need to AS 6x just to get a delphic, or 3 to get a Lunatic.
    As the only way we build any rage is by crit, taking that away will make it impossible to play as an archer.

Mages and knights use pve without crit as they have a passive for building rage. The archers passive is +5 for every crit, without crit the max we can gain is 5 per AS, every other skill either breaks even on rage or makes a loss.
    With a PvE set and Arrow Strike, that's 15 rage a round. Throw in a bleed rune or brutality and that's an additional 10 rage.

Overall that's be 4 rounds maximum, 3.5 with the rune to get a Delphic. I don't think that's much slower than it is now?

I agree (based on my experience of archers so far) it would be somewhat of a handicap, but my point is play would not be impossible. It is an option, even if it may not seem the sensible option.
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
      You do realize that you just complained about me saying the exact opposite of what I did?
      nah.. about bully? read again, i didnt complain, i told u to ask them
      about envy? im telling u to try instead of saying this class can do this, do that, mine cant..
      archer and WB? u dont complain, u lead the discussion to a whole new topic.. see for urself

this is what i said about, read 1st, learn to read, stop the negativity.. not all ppl in forum are haters and oppose u or anything lol
      again i'm out.. this is tiresome..

Comment

1st off why are ppl saying that WB will be class related from now on? as for archers having to lv up 2 more astrals then everyone else they dont all classes get max 8 astrals to lvl up archers aren't given and extra slot so you don't have an extra astral to lvl up. while most mages still run with WD they still have other astrals to lvl up as well. oh and ginger i worked out the way to balance up mages low PDEF my mage is good nearly everywhere and can live thru knights EDD at 50% damage buff but BR is every low compared to other mages my lvl but since BR is only for your ego not worried about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ama1988 View Post
          1st off why are ppl saying that WB will be class related from now on?
          WB in the new patch will give rewards for top performance in CLASS as well as overall. Not exactly class specific but some people deal in absolutes.
          Patryn
          Twisted
          S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
          "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
            WB in the new patch will give rewards for top performance in CLASS as well as overall. Not exactly class specific but some people deal in absolutes.
            ok thank you do you use MDEF gems for Lv 13 spire?

Comment

Originally posted by Ama1988 View Post
              1st off why are ppl saying that WB will be class related from now on? as for archers having to lv up 2 more astrals then everyone else they dont all classes get max 8 astrals to lvl up archers aren't given and extra slot so you don't have an extra astral to lvl up. while most mages still run with WD they still have other astrals to lvl up as well. oh and ginger i worked out the way to balance up mages low PDEF my mage is good nearly everywhere and can live thru knights EDD at 50% damage buff but BR is every low compared to other mages my lvl but since BR is only for your ego not worried about it.
              I am intrigued. Tell me more...
              You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
              Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

my main goal has always been to replace then knight because in PvE ( i focus on PvE cos you get better rewards to help in PvP) the other classes bring more to the table and being a crit mage it makes up for losing MDEF and atm i only need that for lv 13 in spire. im close to my next upgrade so others have started to catch up to me again. here are 2 ss of my mage hope it helps. also i see alot of mages with crit stats around 2k i would suggest you stick with WD until you can get the desired crit stat you need to make it useful. these are the stats i tell ppl that they need. WB 3k, MPs 3.5-4k, PvP 5k min.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	mage.png
Views:	1
Size:	612.4 KB
ID:	1677531

Comment

It will be unfair for archers, it's just the way it is. Archers need to do more than the other 2 classes to be competitve in stats. Knights have it the easiest of all 3.
                  Now with WB being class based, this will benefit other classes, and will gimp us yet again.

I read a post where chinese PvE gear has defense ignore, while we don't. That's another thing that would help archer alot.
                  As it stands now, there is just no reason to pick archer over a class like Mage or Knight at all. It's a shame because I do love my archer, I just feel more gimped the higher I lvl.
                  Player Class: Archer
                  Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                    It will be unfair for archers, it's just the way it is. Archers need to do more than the other 2 classes to be competitve in stats. Knights have it the easiest of all 3.
                    Now with WB being class based, this will benefit other classes, and will gimp us yet again.

I read a post where chinese PvE gear has defense ignore, while we don't. That's another thing that would help archer alot.
                    As it stands now, there is just no reason to pick archer over a class like Mage or Knight at all. It's a shame because I do love my archer, I just feel more gimped the higher I lvl.
                    damn why you countinued playing as an archer???wb wont be class based only it will have rankinks like now+ class ranks so whats wrong with it?

Comment

• Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                      damn why you countinued playing as an archer???wb wont be class based only it will have rankinks like now+ class ranks so whats wrong with it?
                      As I said I love my archer, and I think you know full well, I'm not weak. And I can't remake a new class now, I spent too much effort, money and time on this one.
                      I ask for some love, but I know that won't happen anytime soon.
                      Player Class: Archer
                      Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

• same thoughts and same sadness shared Iggy

Eili
                        S144
                        Guild: 'Nightmare
                        Level 80 Archer

Comment

Working...
                        X