Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Classes, builds & player expectations: A comparitive discussion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classes, builds & player expectations: A comparitive discussion.

So I want to discuss the expectations of a player in regard to their class & build and how those expectations compare to what they actually end up with.

I want this to remain a discussion. So all flaming / trolling to be left at the door please.

As this is a discussion, expect people to disagree with you and remember to not take it personally.

I'll start.

Mage:

Expectations: magic user (obvious, I know, but sometimes you can't be too sure). Good magical attack, fire, ice, wind & water based attacks, low HP - I fights mostly with my mind, not with my muscles), better magical defence than most given that I fight magic, I know how to defend it too. After the basics, I wasn't sure what to expect. Maybe given the lack of basic classes (no obvious healer for example) some basic healing, but not much.

What I actually got: a massed fire / electrical bolt wielding crazy dude, who can heal like there's no tomorrow. However, hit him with a few good physical attacks, while cutting the healing and he's out for the count quicker than a lady of the night can drop her pantyhose...

Having realised my class weaknesses, I have worked hard to increase my pdef & HP in an effort to counter them. So what about you?
    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

same as you are gin..but im doing much mattk than pdef like the time consuming thing. the faster i do damage the high chances to win in pvp. also i focus on myself to my troop counts/trpstat,the higher the troop count/trpstat the harder troops they will.there my best wall againts knight and archers.im so basic on magebut im always good.nothing more to say..

Comment

Archers rule at the beginning of game, Mages are OP between 30-60, Knights get better 60+. The longer the wartune server continues and people get stronger ...the troops become weaker relative to characters, therefore knights get stronger. My expectation as long as wartune does not tamper with troops, as the game progresses Knights become strongest class. You also need to build the knight correctly ..otherwise you should start with another class

Comment

Originally posted by tomas143 View Post
        same as you are gin..but im doing much mattk than pdef like the time consuming thing. the faster i do damage the high chances to win in pvp. also i focus on myself to my troop counts/trpstat,the higher the troop count/trpstat the harder troops they will.there my best wall againts knight and archers.im so basic on magebut im always good.nothing more to say..
        I prefer to tank. Using my troops as an auxiliary extra attack. If I tank, they survive longer.

Originally posted by R27355993 View Post
        Archers rule at the beginning of game, Mages are OP between 30-60, Knights get better 60+. The longer the wartune server continues and people get stronger ...the troops become weaker relative to characters, therefore knights get stronger. My expectation as long as wartune does not tamper with troops, as the game progresses Knights become strongest class. You also need to build the knight correctly ..otherwise you should start with another class
        Any class can rule at any point. It's simply a case of building strength over time. I'm looking to discuss individual experiences and how they adapted, not general over views.
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Archer is meant to be the main physical damage dealer, yet I believe we lack the strength to do this. Other class have an equal attack while having better stats otherswise overall.
          We are meant to focus on our crit, but even with high crit, we still fail too often, making us a very risky and often unreliable damage class.
          Our heals are bloodthirsty strike which is only good when it crits and a rune all classes have, so in survivablity we are severaly gimped compared to mage and knight who have heals/insane defense.
          Our AoE is the second worse in the game, after knights due to shorter CD, but alot longer than mages. Our enhanced aoe costs 100 rage and isn't worth using because of it, unless you have clothes at a really high level.
          Also while we can hit everywhere on the board, it often does this to our disadvantage. Most of are skills are single target, yet we often hit troops instead of the person we should hit (need skill adjustments so we ignore troops, only DF and AP does this now while they are not very useful in a damage build).
          We also have skills like Deep Freeze that aren't useful enough. Many bosses are immune to this. I can't think of any skills other classes have that have this problem.

I believe what we need is something like the PvP set passive, giving us armor piercing (passive), that would make us less weak, and more a damage build in PvP.
          In PvE we do fine, as all classes do. Both knight and Archer have their mpds where they're most/least useful. I like the PvE aspect of this game with archer.
          Player Class: Archer
          Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Knights:

I expected a tank who had taunt ability, so that most attacks would come to me, making me awesome at protecting my teammates. I expected high health and defence, stronger in physical, and I expected a lot of patk, though slower attack speed. I expected to be a required class for battle.

What I got was a slow lumbering class that didn't hit any harder than the other classes unless he lived long enough to use a special skill, and very susceptible to magic attacks. No taunt ability, and gold gain so slow it was hardly possible to stay strong enough to be an effective tank for players who started playing at the same time as me, so needed to slow level so I could tank for players who played significantly less time than I did. I am not a required class for battle.

^personal opinion
            Last edited by Greenfireflygirl; 11-01-2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

From my point...

Knights
              Expectations: I thought there'd be some shields! You god damned liars!

Received: Slowpoke! If I had enough time on my hands, I'd stick with Knight. Cause for real, I like to take hits (masochistic, I know). The skill set is within my expectations, but never thought the cooldown would be that long and cast time is slower than what I'd like it to be. However, proper experience in timing can fix EVERYTHING. Talents aren't meant for tankies, shame.

Mages
              Expectation: Wanted to heal, got heal, nothing out of the ordinary.

Received: Wusses, but not that bad cause the heal can keep me alive and well. Have talents for almost any build, magic power!

Archers
              Expectation: Where are the bows? Debuffs and all those damage dealing goodies.

Received: Got what I hoped for (still no bows!). However, I realized they would need more investments the moment I play my first archer ever, dropped it at once, never look back since.
              The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Expectation of knight: i thought they'd have more tanking skills and higher dps with slower cast time of course, Allthough would be needed to tank most MPD bosses and so on.

What i saw was, 2 defensive skills, shield and an aoe shield, and a thorn for reflect dmg. i feel like thorns isn't that good endgame The slow hitting speed and damage isn't great either, but i see they are the counter for archers and do well against them.

Mage? expectations were right, but thought their would be more elemental spells, we are masters of magic, but seems we only got healing, curse magic *damnation* curing magic, lightning and fire

Low hp and p atk makes us prime targets for both classes, are only counter is fast aoe'ing and high damage, kill before you get killed.
                Character name: Silence

Class: mage.

Server: 490.

Level 44.

Comment

Originally posted by R27355993 View Post

your comment make me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                    Archer is meant to be the main physical damage dealer, yet I believe we lack the strength to do this. Other class have an equal attack while having better stats otherswise overall.
                    We are meant to focus on our crit, but even with high crit, we still fail too often, making us a very risky and often unreliable damage class.
                    Our heals are bloodthirsty strike which is only good when it crits and a rune all classes have, so in survivablity we are severaly gimped compared to mage and knight who have heals/insane defense.
                    Our AoE is the second worse in the game, after knights due to shorter CD, but alot longer than mages. Our enhanced aoe costs 100 rage and isn't worth using because of it, unless you have clothes at a really high level.
                    Also while we can hit everywhere on the board, it often does this to our disadvantage. Most of are skills are single target, yet we often hit troops instead of the person we should hit (need skill adjustments so we ignore troops, only DF and AP does this now while they are not very useful in a damage build).
                    We also have skills like Deep Freeze that aren't useful enough. Many bosses are immune to this. I can't think of any skills other classes have that have this problem.

I believe what we need is something like the PvP set passive, giving us armor piercing (passive), that would make us less weak, and more a damage build in PvP.
                    In PvE we do fine, as all classes do. Both knight and Archer have their mpds where they're most/least useful. I like the PvE aspect of this game with archer.
                    Archers dont just do "fine" in PvE, they are the best overall in PvE

Comment

Knights,
                      I expected them the have the strongest attacks, highest hp and slowest attacks as well. Also i expected to see some shields in this game for them

They don't have the strongest attack, and even though they have around the same hp as archers (they both receive the 20% hp boost, they still are tanks, crazy tanks I might add. Their heal after block is so insane that if they meet weaker people, they actually heal the knights instead of hurting them. I played both archer and mage and not few times I killed his troops and said "hahah 3 vs 1, he is as good as dead", but he refused to die, killed my troops and in 1 vs 1...the knights owns.
                      They receive less gold/daru than the other classes reason for which they are not so great early in the game, since the other classes has the tower skills/astrals advantage, but they shall recover later in the game

Warning: unlike the other games, knights are weaker early in the game and they require time to shine. Knight class is a really strong class, so if you consider this class sucks you either didn't had the patience to play it, either you didn't knew to take advantage of its advantages

Archers:
                      I expected them to have a mediocre hp and damage, fast attack with 'headshot' ability that crit the opponents form time to time since archers are renamed for their aiming. I also expected them to have different types of arrows like fire and ice arrows.

Well surprisingly they had the same 20% hp boost as the knights and a far higher crit rate than I expected. They also have several types of arrows even though not so great as I expected. This advantages makes them shine early in the game and obtain a lot more gold and daru, BUT if they don't spend them wisely they shall have a very hard time later in the game since the other classes can reach a damage close to them later on. Archers are an aggressive class, so once they lose this high damage advantage the management of the gold shall decide how well they are going to do. Don't just waste the gold because you have so much early in the game

Mages:
                      I expected elemental spells like fire/ice/earth/lighting. The lowest hp among classes but an ice shield or something to protect them from damage. Aoe spells like fire/lighting spells for damage, ice for slowing and earth for stunning/making the opponents lose a turn. Maybe some summoning fire/ice/earth monsters as well.

Ohh well they do have more aoe spells than the rest of the classes, low hp and fire/lighting spells. Instead of that shield they have healing, and i mean a lot of it. The healing depends on both attack and hp and also require high defense so they won't damage you for the same or more damage than you actually heal which makes this class the most balanced of all. I ♥ balanced characters reason for which I ♥ mages,
                      They are really vulnerable early in the game when their troops dies from 1 aoe and becomes strong after lvl 50 when they can put their hands on templars/warlocks, but since the tier troops are only until lvl 50 they start to lose ground and at lvl 70-80 when the troops dies so much faster their life shall be hard. Once they remain without troops well...they can say bye bye life.
                      Last edited by Draggyy; 11-01-2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                        For once, i agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by darrylch View Post
                          For once, i agree with you.
                          Only people who are completely blind would 100% disagree with anything I say

Comment

My Mage:
                            I personally expected to have a toon that was going to be more utility and support based. Instead we are back line healer and front line damage dealers. I would like to have awesome healing, crazy debuff and buffing spells AND a guaranteed slow spell. and then dps.

1. ADD: Always Do Damage is my survival technique, pumped Int, and Matk every chance i get
                            2. Armour and defense, MDEF, survive bosses in dungeons, and PDEF to survive

i skipped over HP gems and astrals, and instead choose all damage reducers and mitigation talents and astrals. (with legend spots i am using block and hp gems just now)

You could say i took, the best defence is a good offence approach.

JalexGiaWolf
                            65 Mage
                            Server 253
                            Guild: Introspect

" Healing is my speciality ... and i have cookies! ..."

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                              Mages do much better, due to their higher survivability. Spire is a good example. U can do spire lvl 100 at lvl 50 (both PvP set) with 33k br as a mage. Try that with an archer, both not buffed.
                              I did with both, and mages waltz thru it, archer needs buff due to heals being almost nonexistent except for rune/bloodstrike.
                              Player Class: Archer
                              Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Working...
                              X