This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Astral Effect

Hi all, I found an Astral, Sacred Blessing. It says "Floating Damage expands by 3%"...
    But what it means?
    can anyone tell me what this Astral does?
    thx a lot ^^
    "Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die."

When you have a skill and it does 80% +300 damage. The 300 damage is floating. So you add 3% to that. Hope it makes sense.

Comment

It does nothing. I had that astral, levelled it up to 4th level (12%) and hadn't seen any increasing of the damage. So, as result, I've feed this rubbish to workable astro for 50 XP.

Comment

this astral i have orange vrs at lvl 3 its 22% it does alot more damage when reg attacks happen

Comment

Only regular, not skills? I tried it with skills, yes. I hadn't thought that it might affect not all attacks. =\

Comment

Floating point is basically Min/Max, raises the Min of your damage up by X percent....

In very non-technical and probably very inaccurate summary of what they are talking about.

Comment

Ciroth is correct, the Astral increases the Min/Max ranges of your damage. We're already looking at coming up with another description for it that's easier to understand.
              This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Stormaggedon View Post
                the Astral increases the Min/Max ranges of your damage
                Does it affect critical strikes as well? I guess 12% is big enough to detect such contribution, but I haven't seen any change.

Comment

Originally posted by Aversante View Post
                  Does it affect critical strikes as well? I guess 12% is big enough to detect such contribution, but I haven't seen any change.
                  I think it does, cause the astral secretly adds its effect to your PATK stat

Comment

Min/Max range of your attack. It indirectly affects any and all damage as it increases what "random" number you land on the enemy by X%

so that random number influenced by astral... then feed it into critical formula, and you get whatever number that gives. =P

Comment

Well, I need just figure out why my multishot did the same 2.3-2.6k damage this Sacred Blessing Lvl4 equipped that without him. I should see numbers up to 2.9k with it, innit? But I didn't. I've made some runs vs same mobs and nothing of the kind.

Comment

That means that attack without sacred blessing would have been X% lower.
                        It is all up to how you perceive it.

You aren't raising your MAX attack, you are raising your bottom number.

Think of "Balance"

The best way to understand this is if you played Mabinogi: Fantasy Life. Their weapon all have a "balance" So if your weapon had 75% balance, then your weapon would on average only hit 75% as hard as what your full potential would be. THis astral would increase the balance, so your attacks are more consistant instead of having numbers being all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by ciroth View Post

You aren't raising your MAX attack, you are raising your bottom number.

Think of "Balance"

The best way to understand this is if you played Mabinogi: Fantasy Life. Their weapon all have a "balance" So if your weapon had 75% balance, then your weapon would on average only hit 75% as hard as what your full potential would be. THis astral would increase the balance, so your attacks are more consistant instead of having numbers being all over the place.
                          You Take All the Good Parts In Explaining Q_Q
                          'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by ciroth View Post
                            LOL. It doesn't matter how to perceive it. If I see 2.3-2.6k with astro and same 2.3-2.6k without it, then I infer that it doesn't work. I don't interesting how it must to work in theory; I want to know why I see same values.

Comment

My Testing on floating damage.

i just ran void to test floating damages, and i think it just increases the Top end damage by giving it the Potential to increase by Said % amount.

without 12% Floating damage astral equiped. Arrow strikes hits around 3-3.3k with equiped i range from 3.3k -4.1k

another varible in that huge range may be the 15% crit base damage. it's funny i say varible because actually there isnt a constant for any thing in this game it seems, one time i can crit on world boss for 15k with snipe, next time is 28k with same buffs ect... i dont understand it???

anyways im to drunk and to tired to make any sense really

i actually dont know why i am posting this haha

Mystic2
                              Immortals
                              Server 1
                              Cambrooke

S103
                              Guild: Beast
                              Class Mage
                              Might Rank #2
                              VIP 8

Comment

Working...