This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aversante View Post
    LOL. It doesn't matter how to perceive it. If I see 2.3-2.6k with astro and same 2.3-2.6k without it, then I infer that it doesn't work. I don't interesting how it must to work in theory; I want to know why I see same values.

Aversante, when u start to do more damage you will see the % difference. your hits arent that great yet to see the differnces. take it like this, i give u a dollar and take 12 cents away.. will u notice? now i give u a dollar and take 12$ away will you notice? yes u will.

If u hit for 1k is has a Chance to increase to 120 added damage, 2k 240, 3k, 360, 4k 480 ect.then i do think the add floating damage is calculated in before u get a crit. so Base damage + added damage + floating damage times 0.5 = crit.

and u must remember ur atk varies in values with no astral for atk % increase equiped. so u could be seeing the added effect even if it shows the same damage. there seems to be no constant for damage on this game. My numbers on multi shot varies from 1.9k-3.1k against same mobs, and arrow strike from 3k-4.5k on same mobs.
    Cambrooke

S103
    Guild: Beast
    Class Mage
    Might Rank #2
    VIP 8

Comment

yes... Floating point is something you can't see with small number, when when you break 10k normally, the changes are much more obvious.

Comment

It was stated in chat by Sway...

[23:47] <@R2-Sway> RE: <StrongBad> What exactly is floating damage?
        [23:47] <@R2-Sway> We are working on changing the description for this to make it more clear.
        [23:48] <@R2-Sway> Essentially, attack damage is calculated by a random number generator (based on your stats/gear/etc.) somewhere between X and Y
        [23:48] <@R2-Sway> Certain astrals have the ability to increase that range
        [23:49] <@R2-Sway> i.e. add +/- a percentage to those X's and Y's

So, it raises both min and max damage.
        Cerden - Knight of Warlords on Edena Village

Comment

Let's say your basic nonskilled attack does 1,000 - 10,000 damage. with 12% to min-max dmg you will be doing 1,120 - 11,200 damage.
          Doing further study and alot more number grinding I have come to the conclusion that this Astral will be useless*.

*Useless = You can get better Astrals. Alot better.

Comment

Not useless when you are higher level. Once you reach 60+ where you have 30,000 P attack, and 15% astral, then you have a free 4500 increase on both ends.

Useless maybe at lower levels, but not at higher levels

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic2 View Post
              Aversante, when u start to do more damage you will see the % difference. your hits arent that great yet to see the differnces.
              Your position in today's 1v1 arena rankings is 18, mine is 13. My hits aren't that great, yep. ^_^

Guys, calm down. I don't discredit that your Soul of Asura works fine. By the way I've seen in PvP that mage with that astro did more damage than it could be expected with his MATK. I just said that in my tests Sacred Belssing hadn't any effect. I don't know why - is it problem of just this purple astral, or it doesn't work with crits, or there are something with mobs which I used for testing. I need to gain that astro again and make a bit more verification. Or receive answer from devs. Yours math exercises are funny, but doesn't affect anything.

Comment

Ok, so if i get it right, your damage value comes from a certain range determined by more than just your attack and Sacred Blessing astro will "move" that range up by a certain percentage. So if my dmg range is 1000-2000 (for easier to understand math ;p) and i have, say 10% floating dmg bonus, then the value i will get on my hit will be randomed from 1100-2200 range. It still can be 1100 so the difference will really be minimal and hard to spot. Even getting 2200 won't be that much of a deal.
                The difference would be noticable if the range was 10000-20000 . The question is, are such values even posiible

Comment

No, it doesn't increase both min and max damage. It lowers min damage and increases max damage. If It does not increase your average damage, but with float astrals, you can get lucky some fights and get many high damage hits that otherwise wouldn't be possible, but likewise you can be unlucky certain fights and hit less than would otherwise be possible.

Edit: Also: easiest way to test it: fight against a gold mine enemy that doesn't use any buffs/curses, then remove gold mine and fight it again. Do like 40+ fights and write down damage results.
                  Last edited by andinuad; 09-12-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andinuad View Post
                    No, it doesn't increase both min and max damage. It lowers min damage and increases max damage. If It does not increase your average damage, but with float astrals, you can get lucky some fights and get many high damage hits that otherwise wouldn't be possible, but likewise you can be unlucky certain fights and hit less than would otherwise be possible.

Edit: Also: easiest way to test it: fight against a gold mine enemy that doesn't use any buffs/curses, then remove gold mine and fight it again. Do like 40+ fights and write down damage results.
                    you need more than 40 fights for a good data... more like at least 1000 to have a nice correlation.

Comment

Originally posted by ciroth View Post
                      you need more than 40 fights for a good data... more like at least 1000 to have a nice correlation.
                      Not if you just want to show with create accuracy that the min damage got decreased while the max damage got increased; that takes less tries than to try to get exact damage intervals which I assume is what you meant with "1000" tries. Too tired to figure out exact numbers.&.

Comment

Well, I've captured that Sacred Blessing again and made some additional tests (on lvl.3 astro, so it should be 9% buff). In contrast to last time, now I've tried to use it vs strongest opponent — world bosses. Of course, in the first place I wondered about my primary attacks — it's Arrow Strike and Multi-Shot.

Well, concerning Multi-Shot I still haven't detect any influence. Attacking series of Multi-Shot with that astro and without it were rewarded with virtually same amounts of gold/daru (+/- few %% both ways). So I can't see any influence here and have to make an inference that this astral doesn't affect critical strikes.

As regards the Arrow Strike, there were noticeable additions of gold/daru — it was about 10-11%. In view of possible fluctuations due to troops it seems just equal to expected buff.

Thereby it seems like this astro will be useful for such builds which are not dependent on critical strikes and/or doesn't use astrals to increase crit ratio. So, it's not unacceptable for my archer and I've feed that astro to another one for EXP again. ^_^

Comment

*does evil laugh concerning Aversante's post*

Mauahaha
                          Cambrooke

S103
                          Class Mage
                          Might Rank #2
                          VIP 8

Comment

thank you for the clearing that up lol never could get a straight answer from anyone along with the multiple assumptions.
                            May the sun warm your soul, the moon light your eyes, the fog mystify your mind and the wind carry your spirit

Comment

Originally posted by Aversante View Post
                              Your position in today's 1v1 arena rankings is 18, mine is 13. My hits aren't that great, yep. ^_^

Guys, calm down. I don't discredit that your Soul of Asura works fine. By the way I've seen in PvP that mage with that astro did more damage than it could be expected with his MATK. I just said that in my tests Sacred Belssing hadn't any effect. I don't know why - is it problem of just this purple astral, or it doesn't work with crits, or there are something with mobs which I used for testing. I need to gain that astro again and make a bit more verification. Or receive answer from devs. Yours math exercises are funny, but doesn't affect anything.

now i wonder why i am a lower rank than u in arena duel? Lets see.... i have NO defense! there ya go Buddy!!

i have done futher testing on the floating damage astral, i had a 28% Floating damage equiped.

this IS how it works,....

Say you have a Damage range from 3,000-5000. take the top end number and add 28% and take the bottom number and -28% thus giving you a range from 2160-6400.

It doesnt only increase the top end number it also gives u the chance of hitting 28% less. Thus Not making the damage constant. This Astral would be ideal for Mages whom sue Aoe skill.
                              Cambrooke

S103
                              Class Mage
                              Might Rank #2
                              VIP 8

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic2 View Post
                                now i wonder why i am a lower rank than u in arena duel? Lets see.... i have NO defense! there ya go Buddy!!

i have done futher testing on the floating damage astral, i had a 28% Floating damage equiped.

this IS how it works,....

Say you have a Damage range from 3,000-5000. take the top end number and add 28% and take the bottom number and -28% thus giving you a range from 2160-6400.

It doesnt only increase the top end number it also gives u the chance of hitting 28% less. Thus Not making the damage constant. This Astral would be ideal for Mages whom sue Aoe skill.
                                why for take the chance at this? i mean..why take the chance of having bad luck and hit 28% less dmg? just so you might hit 28% more?

i would rather have something more stable, like Pattack+ or Critcal+ or Crit dmg%+ ....

i know it's + ...nothing like it might also be a minus ...
                                Have a problem? Submit your Ticket .

Comment

Working...
                                X