Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Archers going to become useless?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archers going to become useless?

Before i start please dont turn this into a troll fest about archers getting what they deserve finally in wb. Thank you

With new patch after the first 2 wbs i have made significantly less gold than before patch 2.5M on last wb alone. So my question is what purpose are archers in new patch?

Before 2.1 archers were best at wb with good mages and knights able to compete for top 3 but archers definately had an advantage. Now after patch i noticed that archers while still the best were not ahead by as much as we used to. Especially the top archers on our server. It seems the changes to wb have made it a flatter payout for everyone while the top make much much less. I honestly am struggling with someone with 15k less br than me almost making as much gold and daru.

So wb is no longer the place where archers rule. which is fine i dont want to argue that point, or wether or not archers need more gold to compete. Please leave that to another post.

But the other place where archers were needed was MP for DF and scatter shot. Now with this new rune coming out that works like Deep Freeze, why are archers needed in game for anything? a couple of mages and knights with the new runes can do the deep freeze and the mages can heal to make up for places where Scatter shot was used.

so now archers not dominant in wb, sux at pvp, and shortly wont be needed for mp. why keep playing? I always looked at archers as support troops but now r2 has given that ability to the other classes. and archers do suffer in pvp.

Please anyone out there i love playing this game but it seems like i picked a class that i knew from start had its disadvantages but now im strugling with why i should continue to play.

I would love to hear other archers opinions and the opinions of others as well.

Originally posted by JeffAdams View Post
    Before i start please dont turn this into a troll fest about archers getting what they deserve finally in wb. Thank you

With new patch after the first 2 wbs i have made significantly less gold than before patch 2.5M on last wb alone. So my question is what purpose are archers in new patch?

Before 2.1 archers were best at wb with good mages and knights able to compete for top 3 but archers definately had an advantage. Now after patch i noticed that archers while still the best were not ahead by as much as we used to. Especially the top archers on our server. It seems the changes to wb have made it a flatter payout for everyone while the top make much much less. I honestly am struggling with someone with 15k less br than me almost making as much gold and daru.

So wb is no longer the place where archers rule. which is fine i dont want to argue that point, or wether or not archers need more gold to compete. Please leave that to another post.

But the other place where archers were needed was MP for DF and scatter shot. Now with this new rune coming out that works like Deep Freeze, why are archers needed in game for anything? a couple of mages and knights with the new runes can do the deep freeze and the mages can heal to make up for places where Scatter shot was used.

so now archers not dominant in wb, sux at pvp, and shortly wont be needed for mp. why keep playing? I always looked at archers as support troops but now r2 has given that ability to the other classes. and archers do suffer in pvp.

Please anyone out there i love playing this game but it seems like i picked a class that i knew from start had its disadvantages but now im strugling with why i should continue to play.

I would love to hear other archers opinions and the opinions of others as well.
    R2 has not done anything to archers. This is a game developed by 7Roads. 7Roads decides the contents and the updates.
    R2 translate the game into English for its North American players.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

As another archer, I think you're being an alarmist.

You assume every mage and knight out there is gonna break down the door trying to replace their bloods, heals, bruts, chaos, and amnesia with this rune that isn't even useful in PvP. They're not. And you can't be serious that a mage's healing can replace scatter in later NM dungeons. It can't. Let's start with MD NM and see you heal your way out of that. And no rune or mage heal will ever have the low CD of an archer's DF and scatter, even if we disregard that archers doing it frees up mages and knights for heals and shields.

I think the patch has severely messed up my WB rotation, but boohoo I lose a few hundred thousand gold per boss that is offset by a 360k 1% bonus. 64k BR, still made 2 mill on last boss including bonus.

As for your PvP argument, that's all situational. Not all archers beat mages. Not all mages beat knights. Not all knights beat archers. And now with sylphs added in, that can fluctuate even more.

So before you make dramatic statements about archers "not dominant in wb, sux at pvp, and shortly wont be needed for mp" and how you're "strugling with why (you) should continue to play"...

Think things through. Honestly...

Comment

Archers are still fine. Sorry you're not doubling the totals of other classes in WBs anymore. Be content you're still 10% - 15% better than the others.

As for MPs, did the Purge Rune make archers useless? No. Neither will a Slow Rune. Unless, that is, it has a 30s CD and at least 10 uses per battle - which we know it won't . What it will be nice for is kicking off a Slow vs. Ward Tower for Knights.

Comment

ok i apologize for not having the correct company. thank you for correcting me. now if you would like to comment on the subject of the post that would be welcome.

Comment

Knee-jerk reaction, it is.
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
              Forum is full of those.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                never said it wasn't a knee jerk reaction. obviously only had patch for one day so pretty sure i haven't had a year to think about it. i was just looking for what other people thought and got a few responses. yours however, malleus, have had no value to the discussion and are not needed. If it makes you feel better for some reason then by all means continue. but you haven't added anything constructive.

my feelings on the matter may be totally off base but it was how i was feeling and was looking for how others felt. it wasn't a rant saying give me my gold back or make archers beat everyone. it was how i saw things going.

Comment

i m very happy...cas u need this...made knights sucking

Comment

Rather opposite opinion here, academy boosted your atk, making you far deadlier to all mages, in WB you double the easiest and the best mage combos/knights are effed up because speed and double US doesnt work anymore.
                    Slow rune is a waste in pvp, which runes are used for and will probably not be used for real hy anyone. Deep, scatter and IS are irreplaceable in mp and spire and tok and everywhere. Every gains and suffers from different parts of this patch.

Comment

lol.on the old patch where all class can used healing,mages still stay balance and well. whats the big deal if all class use deep freeze.

Comment

Good the less the archers gain the better .

Comment

we used to have 3-4 mages in top10, now the best mage finished 13, with top12 being archers. So from my perspective this was a buff to archers, not a nerf..

Comment

I only agree archers need serious love in PvP. For the rest we're fine. And that new rune will have a long cooldown so don't worry, they still need us .
                            Player Class: Archer
                            Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Patch has only been out for a day for you. Get used to the new timing for WB and you'll see the Archers getting the top spots again soon.

You do remember that runes have a cool-down yes? It is not as spammable as your initial post seems to suggest, so archers are still very much needed in MPs. Heal rune didn't make Mages obsolete, and neither did Guardian rune make Knights dispensable. I don't see how the new rune makes Archers unnecessary.
                              [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                              Frostie
                              Mage
                              VictisHNR

Comment

Working...
                              X