It Pays to Conceit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Pays to Conceit

500 US dollars, for a set that doesn't give any more boost than the $16 combined clothing set and the $20 wings that already exist in shop?

Oh sure it comes with some other gifts... Like the 39 cent chests, and some daru, gold, sepulcrums, and sylph exp scrolls. The only thing worth looking at is the 300 fate stones, which by the way you can get 40 of for trading in only ten chest pieces in current Hot Events. :/

Not even a mount in site....

You must really think highly of yourselves to ask such a price...

Thanks for the laugh. That's comedy right there...
    ChieftainRez
    Knight
    VictisHNR
    [S1] Temple of Ibalize

It's for the clothing graphics (just like some mounts)

Also... what's funny is this set was suggested by some ppls that played on another version to add it into this version...

But in that other version it was easily gotten, but R2 made it "special" and you have to spend loads of money for it.

Comment

Hey Rez, I wonder if Anatta and some other people will start calling you a jealous baby too for stating this just like they did to me. If they don't then it clearly shows that they are just choosing to pick on me due to they dislike me. Anyways though I do agree with you the clothing and wings is way too much money. You do get some extra stuff for it with those balens and you can use those balens in the shop,mystery shop, etc, but the fact is that 500.00 is just too much for clothing and wings that are just for cosmetics only. What also is silly I can pretty much guarantee that these exact clothing will be in the monthly events or much cheaper to buy later on. How can i guarantee this? Just because so far everything that was extremely expensive ends up being cheaper or free. Example, the alpaca mount came out and it was tons of money at first then you can easily get it free later on in cw shop. Wheel of fate is expensive but now with this event going on you can get lots of stones from the exchange or pay much less for those boxes and get lucky with the 200 stones in them. Finally, later on there going to be a sylph upgrade system coming out where getting green, blue, and purple will be easier to obtain than now.

This is the ploy r2 games is doing. They are making it seem that these are never going to come out again. So you spend tons of balens on them. Then the next month or so they come out in events that are cheaper or free to obtain. That is why I never start pouring tons of cash to obtain these rare goods as I know that 99% of the time these rare goods will not be so rare anymore. All the mounts been like that already. People just like the fact that they want to be the first person to get these clothing. Thus, it is a pride issue. Which is no problem at all. Everyone is a bit prideful and want to be the best. Afterall this game is all about competition and trying to be the best isn't it? That is not my point though my point is that these clothing are too expensive for what they are worth and you are surely going to be wasting your money once you see these in events in the coming months.

Comment

Originally posted by ChieftainRez View Post
        500 US dollars, for a set that doesn't give any more boost than the $16 combined clothing set and the $20 wings that already exist in shop?

Oh sure it comes with some other gifts... Like the 39 cent chests, and some daru, gold, sepulcrums, and sylph exp scrolls. The only thing worth looking at is the 300 fate stones, which by the way you can get 40 of for trading in only ten chest pieces in current Hot Events. :/

Not even a mount in site....

You must really think highly of yourselves to ask such a price...

Thanks for the laugh. That's comedy right there...
        Yes, I will never spend 500$ on this game, but I have to point out where you're mistaken, you don't pay the 500$ for the set or the wings, they're BONUS items, so quit crying.

Comment

if u won't spend $500, then why make new thread about it?

Comment

Hmm what problem u have? Someone pay 500$ for this set? No
            This is bonus when u spend balens, ms,mount training for stables 8, high lvl clothes or wings, 50k balens is price for v7 clothes set if i remember well
            This is not spending for nothing,only for rewards or how u want to call it
            I dont care aBout it, dont even like this clothes but wings looks awsome
            We get it later for less price? Super.
            But let damn ppl get it if they spend this amount of cash. This is not my or others problem u dont know how to spend 50k balens well

_________

Crit Mage 80v
            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
              Hey Rez, I wonder if Anatta and some other people will start calling you.....
              I do not care what they say. They are as welcome to troll whatever threads they want, as much as I am allowed to make them as a way of letting r2 have feedback for their promotions. This is not their forum any more than it is mine. If they don't want to read my threads, they are perfectly capable of skipping and going to another.

Originally posted by winlord View Post
              Yes, I will never spend 500$ on this game, but I have to point out where you're mistaken, you don't pay the 500$ for the set or the wings, they're BONUS items, so quit crying.
              Ok, so the difference between me and you is, I have (and can) spend $500 dollars on this game... I have the potential to spend more, and I am a direct demographic for the type of player that this promotional is directed towards, and I am providing feedback to r2 as to why I wont. You want my money as a business? Give me something worthwhile.

If you think I am crying, you have no idea who I am or what I am about. Grow up and get over yourself. You don't know anything about these people who post in these threads, let alone enough to presume to give out moral advice about the way they can respond on these forums.

Originally posted by LOXMATblY View Post
              if u won't spend $500, then why make new thread about it?
              I believe this is answered in my first response in this post. I can spend the money, I want something more worthwhile besides a 1388% markup on things I can already purchase in the game. If others want to buy them, that's fine. I do not care how others spend there money. This thread isn't about others spending habits.

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
              Hmm what problem u have? Someone pay 500$ for this set? No
              This is bonus when u spend balens, ms,mount training for stables 8, high lvl clothes or wings, 50k balens is price for v7 clothes set if i remember well
              This is not spending for nothing,only for rewards or how u want to call it
              I dont care aBout it, dont even like this clothes but wings looks awsome
              We get it later for less price? Super.
              But let damn ppl get it if they spend this amount of cash. This is not my or others problem u dont know how to spend 50k balens well
              Have I said anywhere that others are not allowed to spend there balens? Did I mention that anywhere in my post? Please stay on topic.

This promotional is an incentive to spend more balens on whatever it is you like to spend balens on. These bonus rewards are supposed to entice you to spend more. That is the design of the promotion. If you feel you are getting your money's worth of bonus rewards for the amount being asked, then great. I do not.
              ChieftainRez
              Knight
              VictisHNR
              [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

I do not care what they say. They are as welcome to troll whatever threads they want, as much as I am allowed to make them as a way of letting r2 have feedback for their promotions. This is not their forum any more than it is mine. If they don't want to read my threads, they are perfectly capable of skipping and going to another.

Ok, so the difference between me and you is, I have (and can) spend $500 dollars on this game... I have the potential to spend more, and I am a direct demographic for the type of player that this promotional is directed towards, and I am providing feedback to r2 as to why I wont. You want my money as a business? Give me something worthwhile.

If you think I am crying, you have no idea who I am or what I am about. Grow up and get over yourself. You don't know anything about these people who post in these threads, let alone enough to presume to give out moral advice about the way they can respond on these forums

I believe this is answered in my first response in this post. I can spend the money, I want something more worthwhile besides a 1388% markup on things I can already purchase in the game. If others want to buy them, that's fine. I do not care how others spend there money. This thread isn't about others spending habits.

Have I said anywhere that others are not allowed to spend there balens? Did I mention that anywhere in my post? Please stay on topic.

This promotional is an incentive to spend more balens on whatever it is you like to spend balens on. These bonus rewards are supposed to entice you to spend more. That is the design of the promotion. If you feel you are getting your money's worth of bonus rewards for the amount being asked, then great. I do not.
                If you have no problem with spending 500$, you'd do it with no perks at all. Stop crying about everything they do. Yes, they do some ****** things, but this isn't one of them. If you don't want to spend, then don't, if you do, then do, but don't come crying all over the forum about it because we simply don't care about your spending habits.

I find it funny that you assume that I can't spend 500$, when in reality, I just don't give as much value to this game in my life as you do, and therefore, I do not WANT to spend those amounts.
                Last edited by winlord; 11-11-2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

If you have no problem with spending 500$, you'd do it with no perks at all. Stop crying about everything they do. Yes, they do some ****** things, but this isn't one of them. If you don't want to spend, then don't, if you do, then do, but don't come crying all over the forum about it because we simply don't care about your spending habits.
                  Your troll tactics are both predictable and lacking in imagination. Try another.

Compare this PtC event to the past ones. If you don't see a distinct change, then that is your inability to see the drop in value.

And, for the record, I couldn't care less about what you wish to see in the forums. You've offered nothing but vitriol and malcontent since you started posting here last year, and it hasn't changed since. Why would I expect anything less now?

Don't want to see a thread with a different POV than yours? Don't read it.
                  ChieftainRez
                  Knight
                  VictisHNR
                  [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

All I see was Sparkle mocking the sale system, where did he cry? Am I missing something?
                    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

You can edit your posts all you want to... I never said you couldn't spend, you said you "would never". Whether you want to or not is irrelevant, just as whether I would or not. There is nothing wrong with my stating I do not find it of equal value, any more than there is anything wrong with you saying it is worth it.

The simple point is, PtC has always had at least one "bonus" reward that offered a strength enhancing stat attached to it (at a much lower cost, I might add... i.e. Underworld Steed for $300 value, Evil Alpaca at $200, et all). People who spend balens, will spend balens regardless. You could say the fate stones and whips are the "mount" of this PtC, but I don't think they equate. That is the only thing I am saying, and since I can't send it in ticket form, as it is not a "problem", I post it here.
                      ChieftainRez
                      Knight
                      VictisHNR
                      [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                        All I see was Sparkle mocking the sale system, where did he cry? Am I missing something?
                        He's crying about getting less rewards from this event compared to previous ones, couldn't be more obvious.

Your troll tactics are both predictable and lacking in imagination. Try another.

Compare this PtC event to the past ones. If you don't see a distinct change, then that is your inability to see the drop in value.

And, for the record, I couldn't care less about what you wish to see in the forums. You've offered nothing but vitriol and malcontent since you started posting here last year, and it hasn't changed since. Why would I expect anything less now?

Don't want to see a thread with a different POV than yours? Don't read it.
                        First of all, I wouldn't know if a post had a different POV than mine had I not read it so your statement is invalid.
                        Second, no one has ever promised you rewards for spending your balens, if they do an event, it's cool, but I'm sure you would have spent regardless. You don't get to cry about getting MORE than you would've without the event, it's simply illogical. You compare it to previous events? again, those were perks, no one has ever told you that these perks will always have the same value for you.
                        To conclude this, I think that you're a cry baby who won't be satisfied with anything they do because you'll always want more. If you have any further special requests as you're obviously a "special demographic", you're welcome to take it to their customer support.
                        Last edited by winlord; 11-11-2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

You can edit your posts all you want to... I never said you couldn't spend, you said you "would never". Whether you want to or not is irrelevant, just as whether I would or not. There is nothing wrong with my stating I do not find it of equal value, any more than there is anything wrong with you saying it is worth it.

The simple point is, PtC has always had at least one "bonus" reward that offered a strength enhancing stat attached to it (at a much lower cost, I might add... i.e. Underworld Steed for $300 value, Evil Alpaca at $200, et all). People who spend balens, will spend balens regardless. You could say the fate stones and whips are the "mount" of this PtC, but I don't think they equate. That is the only thing I am saying, and since I can't send it in ticket form, as it is not a "problem", I post it here.
                          You specifically said the difference between us was your ability to spend 500$ and your previous spendings of such amounts. So again, you just prove how inconsistent you are.

You don't think they equate? You deserve more because you're a "special demographic"? good for you. Many people are happy with getting any sort of bonus for spending their balens, and if you don't, you know how to stop this "abuse" done to you by R2.

Comment

He's crying about getting less rewards from this event compared to previous one, couldn't be more obvious.

First of all, I wouldn't know if a post had a different POV than mine had I not read it so your statement is invalid.
                            Second, no one has ever promised you rewards for spending your balens, if they do an event, it's cool, but I'm sure you would have spent regardless. You don't get to cry about getting MORE than you would've without the event, it's simply illogical. You compare it to previous events? again, those were perks, no one has ever told you that these perks will always have the same value for you.
                            To conclude this, I think that you're a cry baby who won't be satisfied with anything they do because you'll always want more. If you have any further special requests as you're obviously a "special demographic", you're welcome to take it to their customer support.
                            See, you stating "He's crying" and "he's a cry baby" Is really lame and unnecessary.
                            This event was useful IF someone was going to plan to spend x amount of money.
                            But I agree with ChieftainRez, 500$ for just some clothing that give better looks is really asking to much. Now I don't know how many people would spend $500 for this, but chances are that it will not even 50 people.
                            These events annoy me because not much people are gonna use them.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTris View Post
                              See, you stating "He's crying" and "he's a cry baby" Is really lame and unnecessary.
                              This event was useful IF someone was going to plan to spend x amount of money.
                              But I agree with ChieftainRez, 500$ for just some clothing that give better looks is really asking to much. Now I don't know how many people would spend $500 for this, but chances are that it will not even 50 people.
                              These events annoy me because not much people are gonna use them.
                              "500$ for just some clothing" is where you're wrong. You spend those 500$ on things you need, and the "just some clothing" are perks, bonuses, you get for being a big spender.

Comment

Working...
                              X