No announcement yet.

It Pays to Conceit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh lord...someone dont like this rewards? Dont spend balens...
    And i agree with winlord, u dont like this rewards dont mean others think the same way

_________

Crit Mage 80v
    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
      Oh lord...someone dont like this rewards? Dont spend balens...
      And i agree with winlord, u dont like this rewards dont mean others think the same way
      Exactly, no one forces them to spend, they're welcome to wait for the next Pay to consume event, or quit.

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
        "500$ for just some clothing" is where you're wrong. You spend those 500$ on things you need, and the "just some clothing" are perks, bonuses, you get for being a big spender.
        But what are the chances people will be spending that much for this event?
        You know as well as I know that the chances are a slim amount of people.
        We should throw in that Veteran's pack that cost $50k. I mean hey if people want to spend it on that let them spend it.
        I have no problem with people spending on these events it's just the chances..

Comment

Originally posted by MissTris View Post
          But what are the chances people will be spending that much for this event?
          You know as well as I know that the chances are a slim amount of people.
          We should throw in that Veteran's pack that cost $50k. I mean hey if people want to spend it on that let them spend it.
          I have no problem with people spending on these events it's just the chances..
          I'd love for R2 to do some cheaper events, but that wasn't the OP's point. He has no problem spending 500$, and he said so himself. His problem is that the rewards are not good enough for him eventhough they are simply bonuses.

And to your second point, ALOT of people in this game (I know 13 from my server that got the flame wings) spend ALOT of money.

Comment

I'd love for R2 to do some cheaper events, but that wasn't the OP's point. He has no problem spending 500$, and he said so himself. His problem is with the rewards not being good enough for him eventhough they are simply bonuses.

And to your second point, ALOT of people in this game (I know 13 from my server got the flame wings) spend ALOT of money.
            13 from your server yes, the goal is seeing if we can count 50 people who got this event ^^

Comment

Originally posted by MissTris View Post
              13 from your server yes, the goal is seeing if we can count 50 people who got this event ^^
              Pretty sure there's alot more than 50 throughout the servers, but that's really not the point.
              My point was explained earlier, and I think it's clear.

Comment

You are wasting your oxygen and energy Miss. Don't bother. He feeds off of the negative energy he thinks he inspires in the others of this forum. Your difference of opinion is immaterial to him. He is an artist when it comes to twisting your words to suit his purposes, and a black hole for negative attention.
                ChieftainRez
                Knight
                VictisHNR
                [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Yes, I will never spend 500$ on this game, but I have to point out where you're mistaken, you don't pay the 500$ for the set or the wings, they're BONUS items, so quit crying.
                  I can agree with both sides of this argument...
                  First, It doesn't matter if someone wants to spend $500. It's nice that they have this promotion to people who are planning to spend during the event time and get extras. You get better looks, Sylphs, etc.

Now second, These bonuses that they have on the event is kind of unimportant. The wings and clothing look awesome but they give no more stats than some 395 balen clothing and 1995 wings.
                  A mount would have been very useful in this event because it actually adds stats to your character. Something more useful. Oxy is right when he said, "This is the ploy r2 games is doing. They are making it seem that these are never going to come out again. So you spend tons of balens on them. Then the next month or so they come out in events that are cheaper or free to obtain. That is why I never start pouring tons of cash to obtain these rare goods as I know that 99% of the time these rare goods will not be so rare anymore." They will be obtained at a later time for less price or free. That's a fact. I can even give an Example, the Piggy card mount, was only obtainable through starting server events which you had to pay to get, now they made an event where it was obtainable for free without paying. I think R2 could have done a little better job with the Event.
                  There will also be Purple and Green colors of these wings, most likely to be used as event wings to again someday.
                  ♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪

Game:Broken Realm
                  IGN: Mary Magdalene
                  Class: Mage
                  LVL: 44
                  BR: 1194
                  Full level 40 epic set

Comment

Originally posted by ChieftainRez View Post
                    500 US dollars, for a set that doesn't give any more boost than the $16 combined clothing set and the $20 wings that already exist in shop?

Oh sure it comes with some other gifts... Like the 39 cent chests, and some daru, gold, sepulcrums, and sylph exp scrolls. The only thing worth looking at is the 300 fate stones, which by the way you can get 40 of for trading in only ten chest pieces in current Hot Events. :/

Not even a mount in site....

You must really think highly of yourselves to ask such a price...

Thanks for the laugh. That's comedy right there...

The true comedy is seeing the retards that actually bought it. As long as players keep showing they are dumb enough, R2 will keep doing it.

Comment

So I'm probably going to regret joining this conversation but That's never stopped me before so here we go.

Q. Do the rewards from this PtC event fall a little flat in comparison to previous events?
                      A. I don't really think so. The Clothing does look pretty cool (especially the wings) and while the overall Gold/Kyanite awards aren't incredible the lower consumption rewards like the Fate stones and Mount Whips are pretty good.

Q. Are people spending $500 JUST for the clothing and getting nothing else worth while?
                      A. Absolutely not. While there could feasibly be one or two people who have more money than sense or simply don't care how strong their toon is as long as it LOOKS cool they are the minority imo. The true power from this spending event comes from the City Chests for 39 Balens a piece in the shop. S130s recently emerged Hard Cashers have purchased the maximum allowed amount of chest every day since this event started. The top casher has maxed out Fate Wheel (from 14-20) from Fate stone drops and chest piece exchange AND now has 3 Rare Appollo Sylphs. I have watched his BR increase by almost 20k since the patch opened and around 7k in the last 2 days and he hasn't even donned the Flame Wings yet.

Q. Is Rez "whining", "crying" or any other version of behavior normally reserved for the under 5 crowd?
                      A. No. He/She is expressing their opinion as is their right on these forums.

Q. Is winlord a repulsive and vile troll who uses evil magic to turn others words against them?
                      A. YES!! (sarcasm). But seriously I think winlord is a great deal like myself in that He/She enjoys when these forums are used for the purpose they were created. That purpose is intelligent discourse between mature individuals discussing the game they all enjoy playing. While I don't necessarily agree with the "crybaby" comments I will say that this type of thread is ultimately the cancer that is slowly killing these boards. Yes it is your right to post on these forums. No I cannot stop you from creating a thread like this. Yes there is nothing saying I HAVE to read it once I see the title and realize what it is generally about. That all being said maybe we should all grow up a little and realize that by spamming these forums with threads complaining about the "bad business practice", "overwhelming greed" and "lack of respect for their client base" of R2 Games while CONTINUING TO PLAY THE GAME......is just as ridiculous a concept to me as spending "$500 on pixels" is to others.

that is all
                      Patryn
                      Twisted
                      S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                      "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
                        So I'm probably going to regret joining this conversation but That's never stopped me before so here we go.

Q. Do the rewards from this PtC event fall a little flat in comparison to previous events?
                        A. I don't really think so. The Clothing does look pretty cool (especially the wings) and while the overall Gold/Kyanite awards aren't incredible the lower consumption rewards like the Fate stones and Mount Whips are pretty good.

Q. Are people spending $500 JUST for the clothing and getting nothing else worth while?
                        A. Absolutely not. While there could feasibly be one or two people who have more money than sense or simply don't care how strong their toon is as long as it LOOKS cool they are the minority imo. The true power from this spending event comes from the City Chests for 39 Balens a piece in the shop. S130s recently emerged Hard Cashers have purchased the maximum allowed amount of chest every day since this event started. The top casher has maxed out Fate Wheel (from 14-20) from Fate stone drops and chest piece exchange AND now has 3 Rare Appollo Sylphs. I have watched his BR increase by almost 20k since the patch opened and around 7k in the last 2 days and he hasn't even donned the Flame Wings yet.

Q. Is Rez "whining", "crying" or any other version of behavior normally reserved for the under 5 crowd?
                        A. No. He/She is expressing their opinion as is their right on these forums.

Q. Is winlord a repulsive and vile troll who uses evil magic to turn others words against them?
                        A. YES!! (sarcasm). But seriously I think winlord is a great deal like myself in that He/She enjoys when these forums are used for the purpose they were created. That purpose is intelligent discourse between mature individuals discussing the game they all enjoy playing. While I don't necessarily agree with the "crybaby" comments I will say that this type of thread is ultimately the cancer that is slowly killing these boards. Yes it is your right to post on these forums. No I cannot stop you from creating a thread like this. Yes there is nothing saying I HAVE to read it once I see the title and realize what it is generally about. That all being said maybe we should all grow up a little and realize that by spamming these forums with threads complaining about the "bad business practice", "overwhelming greed" and "lack of respect for their client base" of R2 Games while CONTINUING TO PLAY THE GAME......is just as ridiculous a concept to me as spending "$500 on pixels" is to others.

that is all
                        Hey, I even got a golden star from one of the mods for my good behaviour recently ^^

Comment

Hey, I even got a golden star from one of the mods for my good behaviour recently ^^
                          Where u hide it xD?

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                            Where u hide it xD?
                            In my suitcase obviously.

Comment

Working...
                            X