Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Class Balance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R21824818
    started a topic Class Balance

Class Balance

I'm a little concerned with the new Advanced skills and the addition of Advanced PATK. Considering how damage is calculated, doesn't this further tip the balance in favor of archers and warriors against mages in pvp?

Consider the following:

Damage = (Attack – Defense)/2 with the damage range being 10% below or above (90% to 110%) - This means mages at all levels will be taking more damage from both classes. While this may not be a big deal when everyone is sporting legendary gear, it further makes mages more difficult early on. Don't forget, both warriors and archers have a nice skill that increases their hp, while mages continue to have (and continue to receive with updates) the overly worthless and stupid % chance to reduce rage. (I've said it before, this is a nonsense skill that is unreliable, especially at 8%).

I can see with the new changes mages have an obvious advantage on the world boss, that's the only reason I can see for the addition of Advanced PATK. What about the rest of the community mages at lower levels and pvp? 50% of the game is spent in pvp while only about 10% is world boss.

A more balanced change would have been to reduce the magic damage taken by the world bosses and be done with it.

• Kingryan
    replied
    It is because of Iris and Apollo that makes "mdef" stat very very important now, especially for knights..

Iris are a quick finisher for a knight to knight battle, as well as archer..

But Iris againsts mage? Well... Considering you started the battle without awakening points, i think it is not really good to use Iris against a mage...

As for the advanced academy, well, it sucks that if you are a level 59, 3 slots are still not unlocked, add to that the fact that each slots can only be upgraded up to 20 (if you're under 60), so I think there is being no unfairness here.

Leave a comment:

• R229414354
    replied
    Mages salty tears make a poor Archer happy!

Leave a comment:

• FlamingSouls
    replied
    mage santoria, knight use brutality + aoe then you bless light the troops then he transforem and use the 2 skills (second 1 big aoe)

even after blessed light + santoria the troops will be dead i am not talking about lvl 75+ troops...

normal troops at 65-70 etc.. (thats with full academy + advanded academy + 200% boost)

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    Originally posted by TheTylerLee1 View Post
    As a mage, The academy is not what you should worry about...

You should worry about the knight that can heal twice and AoE twice, Then jump out of his transformation after your thunderer, and EDD you into 50% Damage

Thats scary.
    kill troops transform sylph heal troop ,deluge strike and then just archeron their as s

Leave a comment:

• TheTylerLee1
    replied
    As a mage, The academy is not what you should worry about...

You should worry about the knight that can heal twice and AoE twice, Then jump out of his transformation after your thunderer, and EDD you into 50% Damage

Thats scary.

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
    As a mage I can't complain about the academy, but those iris syphs are scarry . I heard that they might have aoe heal at lvl 55...that means that mages can be ditched in some places

Iris also advantages more archers and knights in pvp fight...
    mages out of PvE? its not like iris has survival,remption talent+suntoria,no no having a mage will be easier since we are just that awesome

Leave a comment:

• Draggyy
    replied
    As a mage I can't complain about the academy, but those iris syphs are scarry . I heard that they might have aoe heal at lvl 55...that means that mages can be ditched in some places

Iris also advantages more archers and knights in pvp fight...

Leave a comment:

• Galvon
    replied
    i'm a mage and i'm not complaining

Leave a comment:

• IggyBousse
    replied
    Really, now mages complain? I still see mages dominate everything, maybe you don't spec right. Mages and Knights still dominate all but WB.

Leave a comment:

• ArowenGR
    replied
    You are only talking about WB.
    How about BG, where mages get more MATK to wipe out knights troops easier?
    How about troop count and troop HP, which helps archers and mages shield themselves against knights?

The second page in academy may not give enormous advantage to any class, but it definetely made knights' life harder.

Leave a comment:

• Setsuna88
    replied
    i dont see how the second academy page gives any advantage to knights/archers over mages. sure, patk from academy gives a higher bonus than pdef but the same goes for matk and mdef. troop count and strength will favour mages more than other classes.

Leave a comment:

• R21824818
    replied
    Originally posted by Galvon View Post
    Advanced tech only unlocks at 50+ and is dependent on academy lvl.

So a 40+ can still get leg gear before getting 50+.

I have no problems currently, as i beat the same archers/knights with advance tech.
    Ah good point, I missed that, ty for clearing that up.

Leave a comment:

• Galvon
    replied
    Advanced tech only unlocks at 50+ and is dependent on academy lvl.

So a 40+ can still get leg gear before getting 50+.

I have no problems currently, as i beat the same archers/knights with advance tech.

Leave a comment:

• CondorHero
    replied
    What level are you?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X