Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illusion Astral - What do you think?

Hello community,

I'd like to take a look at the Illusion astral. In particular, i'd like your opinions on the proc rate.
    The orange one gives 2% dodge chance for every lvl it is at.
    So at lvl 5 (10% chance) it should proc as much as a Deflection astral should. But I feel like it doesn't.

A lvl 8 illusion should proc 16% of the time. That's theoretical.
    Practice is disappointing. By this I mean it procs so much less than the deflection astral while it should proc more!

How do you guys feel about this once so glorious and mandatory astral ?

--Cheers
    ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
    Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
    My pathetic youtube channel
    -------------------> Latest video:

I tried lvl 6/12% for a while. Wasn't a big fan of it. Never tried Deflection so I can't compare.

Comment

I prefer block over dodge any day but then again its because im an archer

Comment

i [lvl 74 knight]used it lvl 7 earlier, now moved to defelct whil;e waiting my red hp,
        -West Coast S115

Comment

Deflection certainly procs more than illusion, illusion is not worth it in my opinion, but keep it around if they ever decide to fix the proc rate

Comment

Originally posted by Linazz View Post
            Hello community,

I'd like to take a look at the Illusion astral. In particular, i'd like your opinions on the proc rate.
            So at lvl 5 (10% chance) it should proc as much as a Deflection astral should. But I feel like it doesn't.

Practice is disappointing. By this I mean it procs so much less than the deflection astral while it should proc more!

--Cheers
            yo bro!
            u know what i did with my illusion? synth it into HP astral and Hp astral is like the worse astral xD!
            illu seems retarded i did lots of testing with deflection vs illu lvl 10 and results?
            deflection proceed like 2-4x more then illu. so remove that sh it already;P
            BAN-KAI

Joined 14/01/2013

Comment

I've tried a lvl 9 for last cw...was really disappointed(proc rate between 1/2 to 1/4th of listed), so i fed it into my gb instead, and made a 7 illu...this cw im likely going with ga instead

Comment

illu is the BIG gamble in the game,thou its awesome when it activates vs thunderer/sniper edge if you like to risk use it otherwise use to lv others

Comment

i also used both for a while and noticed deflection working more often than illu. in theory it would be a much better astral than block for archers/mages but looks like it doesnt work as it should. still, hp astral gets more useless with increasing max hp values. so at some point its probably worth using illu instead of hp again.

Comment

I once played this game called "Ninja Saga" , There this dodge (illusion) thing was over powered , I mean anyone with about 20% dodge could easily over power and win even tough opponents Thats why I used this Level 7 Illusion astral on the last class wars but I was really disappointed in it , I didnt notice it activating even once in the whole classwars event (I am a mage and most of the battle lasted till the time was over ) I dont know if that day was a bad luck or so but I dont have hope for this astral .. SO I dont think it is that good astral

Comment

Originally posted by Dechubasco View Post
                      I once played this game called "Ninja Saga" , There this dodge (illusion) thing was over powered , I mean anyone with about 20% dodge could easily over power and win even tough opponents Thats why I used this Level 7 Illusion astral on the last class wars but I was really disappointed in it , I didnt notice it activating even once in the whole classwars event (I am a mage and most of the battle lasted till the time was over ) I dont know if that day was a bad luck or so but I dont have hope for this astral .. SO I dont think it is that good astral
                      in ns dodge is still overpowered i dodge almost all of opponent atacks

Comment

I had a level 6 illusion for a while while play testing possible astrals for lvl 60.

In the end I dumped it as the proc rate was awful.
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

In the old days, where the illusion astral was mandatory that ***** astral procced 20-30% of the time while it was lvl 5 lol.
                          R2 decided to 'fix the proc rate' but nerfed it into the ground instead
                          In my opinion it should be fixed back to reflect its actual proc rate; the proc rate stated on the info of the astral. OR fix the info to 0,1% per lvl lol ... Would be nice if players actually had to choose between astrals. At the moment everyone uses the same types. This is getting old and boring
                          ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
                          Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
                          My pathetic youtube channel
                          -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

Hello community,

The processing rate is tolerable for Enhanced Illusion at L5 or higher. It appears to be accurate when tested in extended PvE situations (e.g., Spire). As a slot 5 or slot 6 astral, an Enhanced Illusion L5+ is decent for a more defensive build as long as your *ATK is weak (<13k or so); after that point it should be mothballed in favor of either Enhanced Will Destroyer or Pristine/Holy Sniper. The problem is that with weak *ATK, your performance depends on surviving; with a strong *ATK, your performance is based on making *ATK more efficient.

Comment

Hello community,

--Cheers
                              Speaking from experience the proc rate mate is individual.For me deflection was very disappointing try it for 3 whole CW 0 proc and we know thats tons of fight and so many turns.Now the Illusion my is only lvl 6 and its procs so good for me so thats something you have to figure it out for yourself.GL hope you find the best astral solution for your toon.

Comment

Working...
                              X