Leaving a Guild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving a Guild

Hello, I noticed today a big problem with the way leaving a guild works. I understand you need to wait 24 hours if you -quit- your guild and i agree with this, however there is a problem with getting kicked out of a guild just so you can join a new guild instantly. Today for guild battle the number 2 guild kicked out about 7 of the high br players from the guild so they could join the 3rd ranked guild to fight in the battle against the 4th place guild. The 4th place team would have won if not for this cheating by the 3rd place guild. There needs to be a way to stop this from happening, perhaps give a 12 hour cooldown when you are kicked from a guild. This would make it so if you want to cheat and be a mercenary for another guild you will be penalized by 12 hours without your guild skills. I don't think people will continue to cheat this way if they know in that 12 hours they could be plundered and hit less for world boss and spire/tok. Also the 12 hour wait to get back in your original guild would make them lose an entire day of guild skills. This would solve the problem of people leaving their guild to help another guild at GB.

maybe just limit the number of 'free kicks' they can receive could solve the problem.
    What I mean is that if you are kicked from a guild, fine, you can join another one in an instant BUT, if this person is kicked in the next 3-7 days or so again, he shall have that 24 hours penalty. I think this shall discourage some of them

Comment

i would gladly take your advice for an update, anything to stop this cheating from happening would be fine with me. or if you get kicked from a guild make it 24hr to rejoin that same guild.

Comment

Guildhopping for GB is an abuse.

You can argue your case if you provided sufficient screenshot and file a ticket with it.
        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by IAMSTUD View Post
          Hello, I noticed today a big problem with the way leaving a guild works. I understand you need to wait 24 hours if you -quit- your guild and i agree with this, however there is a problem with getting kicked out of a guild just so you can join a new guild instantly. Today for guild battle the number 2 guild kicked out about 7 of the high br players from the guild so they could join the 3rd ranked guild to fight in the battle against the 4th place guild. The 4th place team would have won if not for this cheating by the 3rd place guild. There needs to be a way to stop this from happening, perhaps give a 12 hour cooldown when you are kicked from a guild. This would make it so if you want to cheat and be a mercenary for another guild you will be penalized by 12 hours without your guild skills. I don't think people will continue to cheat this way if they know in that 12 hours they could be plundered and hit less for world boss and spire/tok. Also the 12 hour wait to get back in your original guild would make them lose an entire day of guild skills. This would solve the problem of people leaving their guild to help another guild at GB.
          Totally agree with you, but i see a problem all this would do is make the guild's that are doing this kick earlier and therefore defeat the 12 hour cool down as u suggusted, only way to combat this is to do the following-if kicked from a guild-and u attempt to join another guild the same day-u may do so w/o the ability to obtain your guild skills boosts. therefore making those players loose br and their stats would automatically decrease. I say either one would work but guilds who do this - I say the solution is if u "quit" ur guild-the 24 hour cool down still applies but if ur kicked then that is doubled to 48 hours-but there is always a way to get around that-thru balens purchasing the scroll that allows u to join a guild but it will come at a cost.

Comment

Okay, if they do it again I will take a screenshot of it and send it in.

Comment

Yes it is good idea, remember to do the following

1) do screen shots with them changing guild and inside the new guild in guild battle ground
              2) to prevent people from saying it is photo shopped, you may need to video it and post it up onto youtube.
              3) Make a case to mmohut, mmofronts and alot of those mmo forums while sending a ticket daily to R2.
              4) If R2 didnt respond to it, write a script using visual basic and send it daily to R2, remember to pass the script to everyone in your server so that they can send a ticket to R2 daily too.
              5) check out the email address of those executives of R2 and send them an email daily.
              6) If you live near them, do remember to call them every 10mins using an automated calling system
              7) If you work near them and recognize their faces, you can try walking to their office and talk about the problem daily, or twice a day, during lunch and after work.
              8) Ask the moderators to help forward your tickets twice a day.
              9) Please check that you have done 1-8
              Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
              Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
              Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
              One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
              In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
              One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
              One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
              In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

In my oppinion there are 2 ways to TRULLY stop guildhopping
                a) to have a cooldown in joining GB when being kicked.
                i.e. if I'm kicked from a guild, i cannot join GB till next Saturday.
                Or
                b) if that not possible, lock guild kicks on Friday. NO kicks on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by ArowenGR View Post
                  In my oppinion there are 2 ways to TRULLY stop guildhopping
                  a) to have a cooldown in joining GB when being kicked.
                  i.e. if I'm kicked from a guild, i cannot join GB till next Saturday.
                  Or
                  b) if that not possible, lock guild kicks on Friday. NO kicks on Friday
                  from what I saw only the top 2 guilds meets friday, this hopping is done very often on wednesdays and mondays as well. But I do like a)

Comment

Working...
                  X