Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

How useful is purification 2+ for 55+ MPDs and the spire ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How useful is purification 2+ for 55+ MPDs and the spire ?

Hi,

I am a level 52 mage with approx 50k br and I have some hesitations on what skill to pick next.

Atm, my skills are :

Lightning bolt 4, Rain of flames 4,
    Restoration 3, suntoria 3,
    Castinator, Meteor, Purification, Blessed light : all at level 1
    (+ all passives except Castinator are maxed)

I could go for Delphic thunder frenzy then Thunderer, or on the other hand raise the “bottom line” : Castinator, Meteor, Purification and BL.

I’ll soon have the level 50 PVE set, so thunderer seems a good option for PVP (I could have it at level 2 by 56). On the other hand, the “bottom line” seems a better option for team PVE (but to what point exactly is it required to max it ?).

That’s why I’d like some advice from high level mages : How necessary exactly is Purification 2 (or 3) for MPDs (starting at 55) and the spire ? Basically, are there some bosses that cast a real bad debuff, in addition to some other debuff (in which case level 2 or 3 would be necessary to be sure to get rid of the bad one) ?

Any advice welcome

Side note : I guess BL isn’t the real problem : Of course BL2 is better than BL1, but since I’m usually partying with relatively strong players, I dont feel like it’s really gonna be needed (I may be wrong).

Side note 2 : I don't have a double skill tree.

max puri and BL2 are much more important than thunderer, in PvP and in PvE.

Comment

you shall see a lot of bleeding in lvl 60 mpd so puri is required. My advice:
      use the next 3 points (lvl 54,56,58) for max castinator and lvl 3 meteoric
      use lvl 60 point for lvl 2 puri
      lvl 62: lvl 3 puri
      lvl 64: lvl 2 blesed
      At lvl 64 you shall probably camp a lot so you shall do a lot of moon mpd, thats why it is highly advisable to ignore thunderer/frenzy, those skills are for people with double skills which shall have an attack skill tree.

about your side note 1: in moon nightmare puri is a must, and a lvl 2 blesed shall count. More over you probably do more than just mpd with that team, don;t forget about spire, max healing tree in there shall help a lot
      Last edited by Draggyy; 11-17-2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

@Zirc00 : hmm, could you develop please ?

Let's say I use puri and BL in PVP...
        Considering I need lightning bolt too, that leaves only 2 slots for more skills; meaning that I can't have RoF, Meteor and Sunto, which to me seem to be 3 "must have" in PVP (at least for a healing oriented mage).

@Draggyy : Thx, but there are still some things I dont understand :

Puri level 1 is enough to get rid of a bleed, so why take level 2 ? Unless, of course, you can get several bleed debuffs at the same time.

Also, is there another reason to camp at 64 than to go for LD ? If there is none, I certainly wont camp, since I should get LD approx 2 weeks after hitting 56 (I just need 6 more days for IC).
        Last edited by Matt71; 11-17-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

on lv 60+ mp dungeons, the bosses cast more than 1 negative buffs. sometimes bleed & decrease defense. so lv 2 or 3 puri is a must.

if i'm not mistaken, moonevil den boss casts bleed & decrease defense (correct me if i'm wrong, i can't really remember if i'm not currently fighting the boss, lol ). so, let's say you only have lv 1 puri, you might only remove decrease defense buff, & the bleed still remains. which will most likely resulted failure in the end.

i only have bl lv 1 until i'm lv 65. lv 66 i upgrade bl to lv 2.
          Last edited by Naveron; 11-17-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

once you can reach lv 10+ of spire puri is a must,55+ puri lv 2 needed for the boss,for moon nm puri is a must unless you going with an very strong team,bl lv 2 is way more better then thunderer in PvP and PvE your choice now :P

Comment

-well puri lvl 2 is a must, I don't remember if you actually need puri lvl 3, but is required for lvl 2 blesed
              -as zeref said healing is far better than thunderer in pvp, mages main strenght is healing, don't ignore it
              -the main reason for camping at lvl 64 is in oder to do moon/moon nm for crystaloids and lvl 60 stones, and ofc raising your hs and talents. Now I don't know if you intend to buy those crystaloids from the promotions that shall be available (I believe it was 100$ for 600 crystaloids last time) or if you and your team have so many skeleton keys to do enough roaming in lvl 65 map for crystaloids and stones. Even so talents and hs are good in more places than just bg (imagine increased healing and descreased meteoric cd in pve).

Comment

hmm, i think my castinator is too high. it's lv 2

Comment

Originally posted by Naveron View Post
                  hmm, i think my castinator is too high. it's lv 2
                  I wanted to let it at lvl 1 for now but it was a requirement for lvl 3 meteoric

Comment

Puri (lvl 2+) important for mpds (Tarraton's Lair and DT) and higher levels of spire (10+) so be sure to level it.
                    Same with archers DF (max best) and scatter shot (I think level 2 fine, but I maxed it for PvP moments and tok) if they are reading this.

And last GET 50 PVE SET if you are a mage or archer for 60+ MPDS/PvP/ToK/Spire (everything really). You do not believe how gimped you are with PvP set.
                    You can't scatter/df constantly as archer and you can't heal properly as a mage with PvP set. I try to avoid people with PvP set due to this.

I know I said more here than topic wanted but hey, it's all useful help for anyone reading.
                    Last edited by IggyBousse; 11-17-2013, 01:47 PM.
                    Player Class: Archer
                    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Easy, upgrade meteor.
                      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                      [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                        Puri (lvl 2+) important for mpds (Tarraton's Lair and DT) and higher levels of spire (10+) so be sure to level it.
                        Same with archers DF (max best) and scatter shot (I think level 2 fine, but I maxed it for PvP moments and tok) if they are reading this.

And last GET 50 PVE SET if you are a mage or archer for 60+ MPDS/PvP/ToK/Spire (everything really). You do not believe how gimped you are with PvP set.
                        You can't scatter/df constantly as archer and you can't heal properly as a mage with PvP set. I try to avoid people with PvP set due to this.

I know I said more here than topic wanted but hey, it's all useful help for anyone reading.
                        he wanted to know about mage not archer -_-"

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                          he wanted to know about mage not archer -_-"
                          Full proof you don't read what people write. My last line:

Second, I gave advice for both archer and mage, not just archer, seeing as you don't even see that, I doubt you even fully read the first sentence...
                          Player Class: Archer
                          Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                            Full proof you don't read what people write. My last line:

Second, I gave advice for both archer and mage, not just archer, seeing as you don't even see that, I doubt you even fully read the first sentence...
                            he asked for mages not archers,you seriosly need to create an archer guide ill look forward to it

Comment

Well, thx for confirming that I need level 2 puri for TL (that is much helpful to know), and thanks everyone for all the answers, inclusing some archers tips

Comment

Working...
                              X