Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

How useful is purification 2+ for 55+ MPDs and the spire ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How useful is purification 2+ for 55+ MPDs and the spire ?

Hi,

I am a level 52 mage with approx 50k br and I have some hesitations on what skill to pick next.

Atm, my skills are :

Lightning bolt 4, Rain of flames 4,
    Restoration 3, suntoria 3,
    Castinator, Meteor, Purification, Blessed light : all at level 1
    (+ all passives except Castinator are maxed)

I could go for Delphic thunder frenzy then Thunderer, or on the other hand raise the “bottom line” : Castinator, Meteor, Purification and BL.

I’ll soon have the level 50 PVE set, so thunderer seems a good option for PVP (I could have it at level 2 by 56). On the other hand, the “bottom line” seems a better option for team PVE (but to what point exactly is it required to max it ?).

That’s why I’d like some advice from high level mages : How necessary exactly is Purification 2 (or 3) for MPDs (starting at 55) and the spire ? Basically, are there some bosses that cast a real bad debuff, in addition to some other debuff (in which case level 2 or 3 would be necessary to be sure to get rid of the bad one) ?

Any advice welcome

Side note : I guess BL isn’t the real problem : Of course BL2 is better than BL1, but since I’m usually partying with relatively strong players, I dont feel like it’s really gonna be needed (I may be wrong).

Side note 2 : I don't have a double skill tree.

• Daemonus
    replied
    if u can buy double spec do so (its probably the most worth it item in the game)

otherwise u will have a less fun experience with mage.

At high levels u need to have a FULL heal spec with puri at least lvl 2 and BL lvl 2
    after that its whatever you want.

you can do max meteor to have good aoe for arena
    you can try and get thunder (i have it on my heal spec it does wonders in mpds)

and as the previous poster mentioned you should get pve gear asap. its a whole different game with pve gear. Even if they released an 80 pvp gear i wouldnt get it the rage gain is so godly.

But bottom line is you need full heal spec or somehow find people willing to carry you through mpds(which is never a fun prospect)

Leave a comment:

• zirc00
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt71 View Post
    @Zirc00 : hmm, could you develop please ?

Let's say I use puri and BL in PVP...
    Considering I need lightning bolt too, that leaves only 2 slots for more skills; meaning that I can't have RoF, Meteor and Sunto, which to me seem to be 3 "must have" in PVP (at least for a healing oriented mage).
    First, you need lvl 3 puri for BL2, which imo is essential in any GA or if you are duelling an archer (due to inability to target heals against an archer). Second, in 3v3 arena puri is a great leveller when facing opponents who just try to stun you to death, as it clears stun effect.

Lightning Bolt, Rain of Fire, Meteor, Suntoria all essential? Certainly not. Experiment with different combinations and figure out your best set of skills. It also depends on the party you're with.
    Last edited by zirc00; 11-17-2013, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• karjen
    replied
    Simply put get your puri, all heals, bolt and all passives maxed

Leave a comment:

• Matt71
    replied
    Well, thx for confirming that I need level 2 puri for TL (that is much helpful to know), and thanks everyone for all the answers, inclusing some archers tips

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
    Full proof you don't read what people write. My last line:

Second, I gave advice for both archer and mage, not just archer, seeing as you don't even see that, I doubt you even fully read the first sentence...
    he asked for mages not archers,you seriosly need to create an archer guide ill look forward to it

Leave a comment:

• IggyBousse
    replied
    Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
    he wanted to know about mage not archer -_-"
    Full proof you don't read what people write. My last line:

I know I said more here than topic wanted but hey, it's all useful help for anyone reading.
    Second, I gave advice for both archer and mage, not just archer, seeing as you don't even see that, I doubt you even fully read the first sentence...

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
    Puri (lvl 2+) important for mpds (Tarraton's Lair and DT) and higher levels of spire (10+) so be sure to level it.
    Same with archers DF (max best) and scatter shot (I think level 2 fine, but I maxed it for PvP moments and tok) if they are reading this.

And last GET 50 PVE SET if you are a mage or archer for 60+ MPDS/PvP/ToK/Spire (everything really). You do not believe how gimped you are with PvP set.
    You can't scatter/df constantly as archer and you can't heal properly as a mage with PvP set. I try to avoid people with PvP set due to this.

I know I said more here than topic wanted but hey, it's all useful help for anyone reading.
    he wanted to know about mage not archer -_-"

Leave a comment:

• MolochMage
    replied
    Easy, upgrade meteor.

Leave a comment:

• IggyBousse
    replied
    Puri (lvl 2+) important for mpds (Tarraton's Lair and DT) and higher levels of spire (10+) so be sure to level it.
    Same with archers DF (max best) and scatter shot (I think level 2 fine, but I maxed it for PvP moments and tok) if they are reading this.

And last GET 50 PVE SET if you are a mage or archer for 60+ MPDS/PvP/ToK/Spire (everything really). You do not believe how gimped you are with PvP set.
    You can't scatter/df constantly as archer and you can't heal properly as a mage with PvP set. I try to avoid people with PvP set due to this.

Last edited by IggyBousse; 11-17-2013, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Draggyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Naveron View Post
    hmm, i think my castinator is too high. it's lv 2
    I wanted to let it at lvl 1 for now but it was a requirement for lvl 3 meteoric

Leave a comment:

• Naveron
    replied
    hmm, i think my castinator is too high. it's lv 2

Leave a comment:

• Draggyy
    replied
    -well puri lvl 2 is a must, I don't remember if you actually need puri lvl 3, but is required for lvl 2 blesed
    -as zeref said healing is far better than thunderer in pvp, mages main strenght is healing, don't ignore it
    -the main reason for camping at lvl 64 is in oder to do moon/moon nm for crystaloids and lvl 60 stones, and ofc raising your hs and talents. Now I don't know if you intend to buy those crystaloids from the promotions that shall be available (I believe it was 100$ for 600 crystaloids last time) or if you and your team have so many skeleton keys to do enough roaming in lvl 65 map for crystaloids and stones. Even so talents and hs are good in more places than just bg (imagine increased healing and descreased meteoric cd in pve).

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    once you can reach lv 10+ of spire puri is a must,55+ puri lv 2 needed for the boss,for moon nm puri is a must unless you going with an very strong team,bl lv 2 is way more better then thunderer in PvP and PvE your choice now :P

Leave a comment:

• Naveron
    replied
    on lv 60+ mp dungeons, the bosses cast more than 1 negative buffs. sometimes bleed & decrease defense. so lv 2 or 3 puri is a must.

if i'm not mistaken, moonevil den boss casts bleed & decrease defense (correct me if i'm wrong, i can't really remember if i'm not currently fighting the boss, lol ). so, let's say you only have lv 1 puri, you might only remove decrease defense buff, & the bleed still remains. which will most likely resulted failure in the end.

i only have bl lv 1 until i'm lv 65. lv 66 i upgrade bl to lv 2.
    Last edited by Naveron; 11-17-2013, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X