Price Reduction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Reduction

So this is sort of a cliche subject but let me hear me out.

its safe to say that every premium player has VIP at least which is 7-8 bucks a month of them lets say 1/4 have spirit covenant which is another 12$ bucks a month. Now I want to say that around 2/3-3/4 of the active server population is premium. That right there is more than enough to run a server and earn profit, ignoring all the other drains.

As this game has continued it has become bluntly obvious that the devs will continue to implement more and more systems that will continuously dilute the progress you have already made while simultaneously creating more and more ways for them to drain your wallet. Yet the prices of everything remain the same. So this means that premium players will constantly have to increase their average monthly expenditure just to keep up with their desired strength.

Heres where R2 should give a damn, yes this game is 'pay to win' however, the higher that sum becomes to win the smaller and smaller amount of people there will be willing to pay that amount, and who wants to pay to just not suck at a game there are many other games out there, all of which charging less than you. Matter of fact, games with fixed subscriptions are currently cheaper than the 20$ a mo you're getting just from those premium subscribers.

The reason I am writing this is because I am a moderate casher and I've looked into the upcomming sylph system. I am telling you that based on your current train of thought I'm sure that not only myself but other premium players will quit if prices continue to rise. And i just want to point out that even on the original chinese version they charge A WHOLE lot less, probably because they realize that there are a ton of sources for people to cash on.

I should also point out that a core concept of this game is to help players catch up to old players (ex: world prosperity). But no one is gonna wanna catch up if the prices of everything remains the same, hence why many new players quit out right.

PS dont spam this with messages like "R2 doesnt give F!@*", I realize this but i might as well try something because this is the one thing they CAN do to make this game better.

We all know how you feel, but it's as u said and what you don't want to hear. They just don't care.
    They don't care for us, they care for people buying, and as long as everyone keeps buying the VIP status and SC, they won't change it.
    Player Class: Archer
    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

but thats what i am trying to say, they are gonna lose those people if they keep demanding more out of em. No ones pays to suck and if they cant make the average price to not suck they are gonna lose customers, case in point they have much fewer people joining and staying on older servers, No one wants to pay THAT MUCH to catch up

Nor do older player want to pay even more to Retain their strength

I'm sure sooner or later they are gonna see this downward trend line in their profits thats gonna be directly related to their population size

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonus View Post
        but thats what i am trying to say, they are gonna lose those people if they keep demanding more out of em. No ones pays to suck and if they cant make the average price to not suck they are gonna lose customers, case in point they have much fewer people joining and staying on older servers, No one wants to pay THAT MUCH to catch up

Nor do older player want to pay even more to Retain their strength

I'm sure sooner or later they are gonna see this downward trend line in their profits thats gonna be directly related to their population size
        I have always thought this with Wartune. IF they had a lower price points then there would be more spenders and the would make the same or more in the end. The insane cashers would still exist they would just be able to buy more of it.

I really don't understand there reasoning. I have been using offer sites to get me free Ultimate game cards just to keep me on par with the cashers and it is starting to feel like a second job.

-
        - Very helpful site for new players

Comment

exactly, the whole concept of a 'freemium' micro transaction system is to get a little money from ALOT of people than ALOT of money from a few people

Comment

If prices change right now, then it sucks to be older players.

However, as it stands, older players do pay more! Look at tailoring events. In the past, it wasn't possible to get 2 pairs of free wings when you synthesize up to level 5. Players pay to win, so they get it. Now? With all the goodies & rewards, newer players do get it cheaper.
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Being an old player myself, I would rather pay less in the future than more, Plus its not like r2 would have a problem saying "you paid to have an advantage before everyone else, cheers"

Comment

Being an old player myself, I would rather pay less in the future than more, Plus its not like r2 would have a problem saying "you paid to have an advantage before everyone else, cheers"
                Whatever you suggested has already been implemented.
                Case in point: Razor Dragon cost $300+ to get in September, but completely free in October.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

nooo im talking about the price of everything bought with baleans, cata keys, charms, wings, so on so forwarth

Comment

nooo im talking about the price of everything bought with baleans, cata keys, charms, wings, so on so forwarth
                    If you buy smart, you get it at a reduced price. The question is: are you willing to wait?

Wings can be bought at 1395 balens (once per month). Crypt Keys and charms have their special promotion/sales period.
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

One thing I've noticed and that is being missed in Wartune. If 20 people pay $20 a month, it makes far more then 1 person paying $200. More people who pay is better then few paying more.

Comment

exactly, the whole concept of a 'freemium' micro transaction system is to get a little money from ALOT of people than ALOT of money from a few people
                        both types works and are used in real life because both of them are viable. The 'more cheaper more people shall buy so it is more advantageous' had been discused on forum over and over again so I am sure r2 saw it already. The fact that they still apply the 'fewer but a lot the better' system is probably because their profits shows it is better. I am sure they have quite a lot of experts in economics, and they shall change the system acording to our actions. For now, it seems more profitable for them to continue like this . Have a nice day

Comment

continue having those events ON TOP of price reduction,

you must be a whale who has dropped grands on this game for this to upset you, sorry but even then you can buy a whole lot more if this happened

wings are 20 bucks with an insignificant br gain its gonna be forever before i hit enough free charms and tailor events before i get them to lvl 5(which is where i will stop) im not spending 100s of dollars to get their crappy boost any higher than that. And i know for damned certain that that is high end for most players who would stop at lvl3 or 4.

now imagine a 50% mark down on everything plus a sale event
                          wings are 5 bucks charms are like a 1.5 suddenly the thought of lvl 10 sounds a lot more feasible

hell for 5 bucks youd better believe a whole bunch of people waiting for the next br event would just cash it and have done with it.

For all intensive purposes lets ignore the whales, after all R2 already doesnt care for them.
                          ie: whales- those players who spend stoopifying sums of cash (are generally the top 5 of a server) and generally have a high quit rate

if this were to happen its not like the whales will quit over it, some might but thats common as is, but there will be plenty to replace it, heck new ones may even emerge with this

Comment

If you post the link on here, the MoD's remove it. R2's game module is not meant to last a long time or keep satisfied customers. You can find the R2 CEO himself online discussing this in a seminar about how to basically come in with a chinese browser game and get as much money as possible from "whales" before moving on to the next game. What the player base wants is simply not what is in this particular gaming company's business plan.

It would be nice if it was but its simply not. If you want a game that cares about its base and is in it for the long haul and not just a quick cash maker you should look at a subscription game. Some very, VERY nice ones will hit the market this spring coming making most of the current ones obsolete if I had to place bets.

Comment

The more successful people in life are those who adapt.
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                              X