Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Block versus HP gem after the new patch.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block versus HP gem after the new patch.

I was thinking.

With the second page of academy blessing an the sylphs, my HP has shifted up a lot.

My HP is over 60k and my Block is 2023.

Would it be sensible to switch my level 5 HP gems for block gems?

I am a 63 mage currently working on getting IC medal.
    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
    [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

I consider hp better than block, but then again, i am just a newbie

Comment

Get the IC medal.

That'll put you at 2600.

I run with 3k and it does me nicely for now. I am considering boosting to 3500.
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I have two Sage rings and one of them is legended. The nexr one will be legended in 3 days. My though process was basically that it used to be a higher percentage of my HP that came from my gems than it is now. My block rate has not changed at all.

Maybe switching half of the gems wouldn't be such a bad idea?
        [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Rationale:

My HP is 60k. If I remove 4 level 5 HP gems I lose 3440 HP (+SCL). I gain 344 Block. That's +17% block and -5% HP...

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

before removing your hp gems, ask yourself do you need so much mdef?

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
              Rationale:

My HP is 60k. If I remove 4 level 5 HP gems I lose 3440 HP (+SCL). I gain 344 Block. That's +17% block and -5% HP...
              its not that easy ^^
              we dont know the exact block chance formula but lets say 344 block is about 3-4% blockchance and block reduces damage by 30? %, then thats only 1% less damage from your 344 block. i think 5% hp is more valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
                its not that easy ^^
                we dont know the exact block chance formula but lets say 344 block is about 3-4% blockchance and block reduces damage by 30? %, then thats only 1% less damage from your 344 block. i think 5% hp is more valuable.
                think they mean a +17% to their block stat not block rate

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	update63.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	1677897

This is my character after switching two level 5 HP gems for two level 5 Block gems.

What do you think I should do?

Goddess 6, EWD 6.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by MolochMage; 11-19-2013, 03:43 AM.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by tyluvme View Post
                    think they mean a +17% to their block stat not block rate
                    yes but its pointless to compare it like that. by that logic if u had only 100 block and 50k hp, gaining another 100 block would be as good as another 50k hp.

Comment

Is my MDEF a better candidate then?

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

i wouldnt get block gems at all at your lvl. if you really want then remove pdef or hp gems but keep your mdef gems, especially now with cw coming. you would think that your mdef as mage is high enough so you can get block instead, but this is completely wrong especially when it comes to mage vs mage. this game takes the difference between your enemy's matk and your mdef to determine damage, so in a mage vs mage fight where this difference is rather small, a little more or less mdef can make a big difference.
                        in my opinion, block for mages and archers is highly overrated. but thats just me, maybe others think different about it

Comment

I am not an expert but in my opnion you should not use block gems and instead of that go for high mdef and pdef.Also why dont to try the combo with godness blessing + illusion ? works pretty good for all classes
                          Last edited by FaeLRoX; 11-19-2013, 07:38 AM.
                          " You shall not pass !! " - Gandalf

"The Lich King has given me true power." - Death knight

Comment

Would getting the IC/LD medal make the Block substitutes more viable?

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

no :P but the block from the medal is nice to have

Comment

Working...
                              X