Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luck-based (random cost) events or fixed cost events?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luck-based (random cost) events or fixed cost events?

In the first 9 months (Sept 2012 to May 2013), the monthly events are based on fixed cost. For example, if you need X quest items to get a mount, you only need to buy X boxes.

However, since then, all events are now based on luck. Even quest items are not guaranteed to drop from a box. You may buy 5 oven and get only 1 turkey slice.

So, which do you prefer?
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Fixed cost because you know exactly what it is going to cost you. Also I have never been lucky with any drops so it always costs me more

Comment

It's the "gamble boxes" strategy, it generates more profits and people will still continue to buy more because people are stupid to fall for these plots as proven in many games before, most famously... Mstory

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
        It's the "gamble boxes" strategy, it generates more profits and people will still continue to buy more because people are stupid to fall for these plots as proven in many games before, most famously... Mstory
        ++++++++++1

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
          words of wisdom my friend !!

this is not the 1st game i`v seen pushing this strategy ! and not the last !
          good job for them because they make a lot of money !

and there is another factor to take in consideration . you never know for sure if they give you for example a 15% chance in the 1st day of the event and change it to 5% tomorrow . and by that i`v said it all .
          name: bibi
          guild: HonorGuard

Comment

I would probably prefer the gambling, so luck-based stuff. But then I don't buy boxes for events, or not a lot of them so I like having a very small chance of hitting big (has never happened before but can only hope).
            Hello.

[S161]Ashthorn Fen - Lysaelle

Comment

I think luck for 1 reason only. It's fun to watch people spend 6k balens on boxes and not get what they were after LMAO

But in all honesty I think it should never be luck based, if you do the same as another person, then the rewards should be identical.

Comment

I'll go with luck, since i never spend a balen buying boxes so i'll have no chance at getting the mount. But with the free boxes, i'll at least get a very small chance at hitting the lotto. =)

Comment

lol, wait are there any free boxes?

Comment

no, no free boxes.

plus... OP's main idea is about the event token pieces IE: Cloud City Pieces, Turkey Slices, etc.

Where you used to get 1 token per chest no matter what and the luck-based is on the prizes that we have now.

The change was on the event tokens, where you used to get them, now become a chance and you lose out on an extra prize like before.

Such as if it was the boxes from before,

opening 1 OVEN would give you this

1 Turkey Slice (guaranteed 100%)

AND one of the following:
                    ... blah
                    ... blah
                    ... Turkey Slice x1, x2, x3, etc.
                    ... 200 soul crystals
                    ... Ostrich
                    Last edited by anichaos; 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I liked the fixed cost events. I remember the boxes used to contain the items used to exchange(i.e turkey slices) and you also had a chance for the big item.This allowed you to buy boxes with a gaurantee of getting the item either through the box or through exchange. However like others said above methe makers of Wartune like whatever will generate the most profit as opposed to what players want

Comment

what ever lets play

Comment

Originally posted by kinglev View Post
                          I liked the fixed cost events. I remember the boxes used to contain the items used to exchange(i.e turkey slices) and you also had a chance for the big item.This allowed you to buy boxes with a gaurantee of getting the item either through the box or through exchange. However like others said above methe makers of Wartune like whatever will generate the most profit as opposed to what players want
                          Yup, it used to be
                          1xTurkey Slice + something else.

Now, it's not even guaranteed to have 1 Turkey Slice.
                          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                          [No longer logging in]

Comment

It's with everything event wise, look at soul crystals and mount whip event. Used to be much better, now it's fixed.
                            It's this way with alot of things, they change it for the worse constantly. I doubt they realise the impact it may have in the future if they continue this way of thinking.
                            EVERYTHING is going to become a gamble or way too much effort for people to bother even playing.
                            Player Class: Archer
                            Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Fix cost is always better cuz you know how much exactly you need and how much you will need to spend in order to obtain the item you want.I dont see them going back as it used to be when now they probably make way more with the drop chance boxes.Who knows in future they may even remove the item aka turkey slice for example from boxes and make mount obtainable only from buying boxes with slim drop chance xD.

Comment

Working...
                              X