Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Sylph Atoll - Welcome to botter heaven.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Was reading some threads on another website and here is what someone named Marcks Thomas was saying:

    A team of developers can probably stop a determined cheater from using bots, but it has little to do with intellectual know-how; it mostly relies on the developers making a game good enough that players won't feel the need to automate the tedious task of playing it.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Zorich View Post
      If you see people you feel are using bots, I strongly suggest you record their actions as well as attempted communication with them, and then file a ticket with R2.

      Bots are expressly illegal within the ToS.
      There's a post on the Kongregate boards saying that they're looking into it but not come to any decisions about it. TBH I don't really see the point of botting, there's already a cap on how many sylphs you can sacrifice deminishing returns pretty much caps the gold spent from selling the essences.

      Comment


      • #18
        I stopped going to atoll. It was driving me crazy.

        Comment


        • #19
          This is a problem with EVERY game that forces you to grind like this. People will find a way to bot so they can abuse it.
          It's one of the main reason newer games focus on NOT making their game a grindfest. It's a typical action-reaction event.

          I'm completely against the way how they force you to grind mindlessly for sylphs. If the drop rate and reward was better, this wouldn't be a problem.
          Now you grind for hours for a few white sylph, if your lucky a green, if you're really lucky a blue. 99 percent chance its white, 1 percent green, 0.00000001 blue is my guess lol.
          It's too much grind. I gave up on it a few days ago after grinding hour after hour and ending up with a few white sylph.
          Player Class: Archer
          Battle Rating : 162k+


          ^ Manly purple!

          Comment


          • #20
            There's a "diminishing return" on selling Essences? (never sold one yet, cause getting a blue sylph is more important)

            Comment


            • #21
              People on my server are whining about how everyone in their rival clans are botting while they can't see their computer/processes. According to them, everyone must be botting because they are being outdone by people who don't have short attention spans(or people who click and afk). Why did you people have to make threads about botters and give them these ideas.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                Has anyone ever considered that it is only just now that we see bots really being developed for Wartune and it because they have added an activitity that is so mind-numbing that any sane person would flee from?
                I start to twitch after 100 essence's

                Comment


                • #23
                  Lolz, if u guys not happy with people botting for sylph. Just attack em in the atoll. It will send them out. They wont attack u back, coz they will always auto attack, but some do incorporate skill in their bots script too
                  Ericâ„¢
                  Warriors
                  R2 - s227 (Gilwater)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Eric.n9 View Post
                    Lolz, if u guys not happy with people botting for sylph. Just attack em in the atoll. It will send them out. They wont attack u back, coz they will always auto attack, but some do incorporate skill in their bots script too
                    for some reasons the attack fonction in atol doesnt work on my server.... s373 i cant seem to be able to engage combat with any one....... been trying for days

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by R2812503 View Post
                      And so Sylph Atoll brings in all the people that are now botting here. So many people botting makes it hard for legit players to farm to get a blue pan or iris. Sadly this will be allowed by R2.

                      Wartune falls even more. Gratz R2 for slowly destroying the game.

                      Once again. They need to limit these collections to 1 a day. And stop making us fight them, serious waste of time.
                      Sure they dont care as long as these idiots keep pumping money into what was a good game but has now become shockingly bad!!!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by R2812503 View Post
                        And so Sylph Atoll brings in all the people that are now botting here. So many people botting makes it hard for legit players to farm to get a blue pan or iris. Sadly this will be allowed by R2.

                        Wartune falls even more. Gratz R2 for slowly destroying the game.
                        If you are unhappy about botters please file a ticket to R2 stating they are bottles.
                        62996
                        Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                        Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                        Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                        One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                        In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                        One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                        One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                        In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by R2812503
                          I would encourage R2 to drop the essence selling price down to 1 gold instead of 1000 gold per essence.

                          8 hours of sleep, 8 hours at work, lets say 100 essences an hour. so 800 in 8 hours. then they make what... around 1,600,000 gold for running a bot program..
                          where is it that you can buy the essences? been looking all day
                          fight, all the way to the end, even if it kills you.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Psychomech View Post
                            where is it that you can buy the essences? been looking all day
                            he said we can sell the essences, not buy. and the people botting sylph atoll will have decent amount of gold even if they are not exchanging the essences into seals. if the selling price reduced to 1 gold, they will end up with junks.
                            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Numbsouls View Post
                              for some reasons the attack fonction in atol doesnt work on my server.... s373 i cant seem to be able to engage combat with any one....... been trying for days
                              click the player. once the char screen shows choose attack. it works for me

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                The blame for players using farm bots is entirely on R2Games. You can no longer pay, lets say $20 for balens and get something worth while in return. You actually have to drop $500 a month or fall behind on those that CAN afford such outrages spending habits. It's "it pays to consume" every day of the week with these guys. Hard work no longer gets rewarded, and only hard cash allows you to stay in the game. So of course people are going to get bots to do the heavy lifting in Atoll. Cause if they don't, then they'll be playing with their white or green Pans and Irises against players that could afford to buy their grossly overpowered blue and purple Apollos.

                                And the longer this game continues, the more R2Games does everything in their power to enlarge the gap between the casual gamer and the heavily addicted money tossers, that don't even realize the things they could have done with the $5,000 to $10,000 they have already pumped into this game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X