Crit Build for Mages.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crit Build for Mages.

Well the question is very simple, which gem remove to add crit gems? back in the day while i was playing in Aeria my idea was remove MDEF (Like everyone else in the server) since Mages got +20% MDEF from passive skills. In fact my character here in R2 do not use MDEF astro, i go with MATK, PDEF, EWD and Goddness Blessing and was fun be an archer killer when archers are supossed to overcome mages. Remember this is a rock, paper, scissors game where Mages kill Knights, Knights kill Archers and Archers kill Mages.
    However as more as my level goes up and more important the BR of my oponents i notice that at close BR i have no chance agains Archers if they are on pve set. I'm not sure now how to build my toon when the time comes to become crit Mage. There the options:

- Remove MDEF for Crit: As i said we got +20% MDEF from passive skill and this way we can stand longer agains Archers, problem is maybe even with it Archers will keep kicking my *** and i'm weaking myself agains other Mages.

- Remove PDEF for Crit: Just give up on kill Archers, accept the reality and understand that the game is designed this way, so keep the MDEF ones to not gimp myself agains other Mages.

- Remove HP for Crit: I guess we all agree it's a bad idea.

- Remove MATK for Crit: lol.

I would apreciate all coments about the matter or experiences someone had trying the Crit Mage. Of course that's oriented to pvp side, maybe if i take in mind the pve side there is no possible arguin but the higher MP i did was GoD NM so i can tell which can be more usefull on high lvs MPs.

crit mage is far more superior then EWD mage only IF you have more then 60% crit activation in PvP and PvE,i for myself changed mdef and hp gems into crit gems,mages fight need mdef?pfff..just use pan

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
      crit mage is far more superior then EWD mage only IF you have more then 60% crit activation in PvP and PvE,i for myself changed mdef and hp gems into crit gems,mages fight need mdef?pfff..just use pan
      I can't say how wrong the part in bold is.
      Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
      [No longer logging in]

Comment

replace your pdef gem with crit in your case, we just need to aim at CW, mage doesn't need pdef in cw, since most of ppl using the MATK type pet. forget about GA, GB, those things are related to teamworks

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
        Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
        Character Name: Halifax

Comment

Just stick to EWD you need very high crit gems for it to effective, EWD will always work, without anything to be sacrificed. Try crit again when you got better gems and astrals.

Comment

well I also consider ewd is better since even archers complains they don't crit enough lol. And crit requires to many sacrifices, what you stated above was true before the sylphs but we can now have up to 6 sylphs. A wise man would have both types of sylphs (patk and matk) and use them acording to the situation, so both defenses are now necesary against everyone lol. yes now you need mdef agaisnt archers and knights. More over if you choose to remove a mdef gem you actually lose that gem's mdef + another 20% from your passive. I hope this helps you to take a decission, as a ewd user I showed you the cons

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
              I can't say how wrong the part in bold is.
              i also thought it was funny to see how stupid that part was, not even considering the actual numbers, the sentence is just dumb

its only far better then EWD if we have 60% crit in pvp and pve... we will get 60% in pve much faster then in pvp, plus crit build always far better then EWD for WB and heal mages because of the crit heal in mpd (where the mage dont do much else then heal anyways)

also, the sentence makes me laugh because he say its only far better with blah blah blah, so if its FAR better at 60%, when does it simply get 'better' withtout the 'far' lol like saying having 100 000usd banked is far better then having 100 if you're trying to buy my house JUST LET ME KNOW THE DAMN CASH DOWN AMOUNT xD

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                U really need to start building properly first before you constantly type **** like that. Your stats aren't anywhere near what you wrote, how can you possibly know that?
                Every thread you try to hijack with your 'experienced info' but you're a 60+ mage with pvp set, and all golden astrals not higher than level 6 (15k- astral value).
                Player Class: Archer
                Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

you have 2 aims as i can see for lvl50s, building crit mage and killing archers at close br. you need better crit gems and astral like you should already know of to build crit mage. and would like to try Guardian Angel how effective it would be against crit build characters, honestly havent tried it.
                  I Quit, if you wanna ask regarding to any of my thread or post, i wont answer you.
                  and do me a favor, downgrade my reputation. Im done.

Comment

Since you would like to become crit mage.
                    1) dont use crit gems. use REFINE FOR CRIT.
                    A crit gem gives half the stats compared to hp/matt/mdef/pdef gems. It's horribly unefficient.
                    use a crit astral as your 6th astrals since you're lvl 60.
                    There's loads of thread with great info from succesfull crit mages (however you do that, idk. i've been EWD since wartune got released now, still love it).

Also, you should be losing to pve archers. Get a damned pve set asap.
                    The difference for a mage is like sun compared to pluto. in size.
                    Sun = pve set.
                    S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                    Mage: Existence (G.M)
                    BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                      U really need to start building properly first before you constantly type **** like that. Your stats aren't anywhere near what you wrote, how can you possibly know that?
                      Every thread you try to hijack with your 'experienced info' but you're a 60+ mage with pvp set, and all golden astrals not higher than level 6 (15k- astral value).
                      Thank you. This goes through my mind every time I read a post of him as well.

As for being a crit mage, I dont think its really viable unless you're lvl80, but even then, giving up an astral slot (EWD vs determination + sniper) and weaking your defense is in my opinion a rather big loss.

Comment

well, "refine for crit" requires balens as we knew, use crit gems only require GOLD, you can switch back whenever you wanna

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
                        A crit gem gives half the stats compared to hp/matt/mdef/pdef gems. It's horribly unefficient.
                        There's loads of thread with great info from succesfull crit mages (however you do that, idk. i've been EWD since wartune got released now, still love it).

Sun = pve set.

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
                        Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
                        Character Name: Halifax

Comment

Originally posted by Halifax View Post
                          well, "refine for crit" requires balens as we knew, use crit gems only require GOLD, you can switch back whenever you wanna
                          Not really, just stock up those refine stones....
                          I've got pretty much the best refines, i've only use event locks or normal refines :P (luck too).

And EVEN IF it did took balens, ... most things do.
                          Use locked balens if that's the matter.
                          Still, dont use gems when refine is such a more efficient way out ...
                          S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                          Mage: Existence (G.M)
                          BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post

Sun = pve set.
                            And Here u show u are ewd mage^^
                            No chance to be crit mage w/o crit gems

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

When i run crit mode(normally) i do mdef gems to crit, both because they are my highest gems except matk, and that with everything i have enough mdef for anything pve(outside of really high spire)

For cw i run wd though

Comment

Working...
                              X