Mage 7th Astral (LvL 70) - Pros And Cons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Illusion.

For those not aware: Illusion's proc rates were fixed in the latest patch. It used to be that Illusion wouldn't proc when Block, Deflection, Regen, or any other Proc Astral went off. Thus, a 10% Illusion Astral felt more like 5%. This is now working properly. I have a 14% Illusion on it's way to 16% shortly, and I can confirm it's proccing at a 13%-15% rate and has procced along with a block being triggered.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
      Go Illusion.

For those not aware: Illusion's proc rates were fixed in the latest patch. It used to be that Illusion wouldn't proc when Block, Deflection, Regen, or any other Proc Astral went off. Thus, a 10% Illusion Astral felt more like 5%. This is now working properly. I have a 14% Illusion on it's way to 16% shortly, and I can confirm it's proccing at a 13%-15% rate and has procced along with a block being triggered.
      hmmm...since after patch my illu activated less :P i think its just luck depending on who uses it :/ some people have illu,defl proc rate high and some very low :/

Comment

tried illusion lvl 9 :/ it suks
        Last edited by Linazz; 11-30-2013, 03:04 PM.
        ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
        Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
        My pathetic youtube channel
        -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

Originally posted by Linazz View Post
          tried illusion lvl 9 :/ it suks
          Eastheria,my teammate for all grup maps/arena have v9 ilusion but rate is rly rly low...so agree,ilu sux a lot

_________

Crit Mage 80v
          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
            My tree will look similar at 80v
            1st max bl and th,meteor 3/4 for mpd wb and spire
            2 max bl and meteor for ga...
            And both mixed for bg^^
            and here I wanted to go with the damnation at lvl 70+, but it seems no one likes it lol. Does it sucks so much?

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
              and here I wanted to go with the damnation at lvl 70+, but it seems no one likes it lol. Does it sucks so much?
              waste points on damnation you gonna regret it for all of your life..xD ofc it sucks,under lv50 can be good sometimes but after that it just sucks worst skill ever lol xD

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                waste points on damnation you gonna regret it for all of your life..xD ofc it sucks,under lv50 can be good sometimes but after that it just sucks worst skill ever lol xD
                but... but 10% extra damage for 5 rounds in pve seems a lot. I mean in spire/tok/mpd(boss) 4 players dealings 10% for 5 turns especially if they use their special sounds good for 25 rage when you have pve set...4 X 5(turns) x 10% = 200% right?
                And in team arena before so many aoes doesn;t seem that bad either. So can anyone details why it is so bad?and what should I choose instead?

Comment

but... but 10% extra damage for 5 rounds in pve seems a lot. I mean in spire/tok/mpd(boss) 4 players dealings 10% for 5 turns especially if they use their special sounds good for 25 rage when you have pve set...4 X 5(turns) x 10% = 200% right?
                  And in team arena before so many aoes doesn;t seem that bad either. So can anyone details why it is so bad?and what should I choose instead?
                  correct me if i am wrong but domination dont work on PVP

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingSouls View Post
                    correct me if i am wrong but domination dont work on PVP
                    it does. Or at least it should ...
                    ~ Redoga ~

Comment

Originally posted by Linazz View Post
                      it does. Or at least it should ...
                      still can you enlighten me why it sucks? anyone? help a newbie mage to decide his future

Comment

it doesn't at early lvls. But when you get higher and start doing big amounts of damage that 10% dmg boost you'll get won't compensate for the loss in dmg rof - damnation wise. as damnation will hit 4k while your rof might hit ...idk let's say 12k. In order to compensate for that 8k dmg you just lost there you need to do 80k dmg in 3 turns ...

Lower lvls it CAN be good. I remember I used it anyways... back in the days
                        ~ Redoga ~

Comment

isnt damnation 30 rage and +30% dmg? o.O and like red sayd lower levels its good higher levels meh so dont bother with it now that you 63 lol

Comment

nah 10% increase. but i'm not sure that it lasts 3 turns :/ might be 5 but too lazy to check
                            ~ Redoga ~

Comment

10% for 5 turns, 5 rage reduce from qte so 25 rage. Ty for the insight. I guess I'll end up with same skills in both trees now lol

Ohh and I am lvl 60 zeref, but lucky me I can already do moon nm after I rushed to this level without any camping. Long live the sylphs that made all of this possible
                              And that vip chests that happened to be implemented all of a sudden fasten the process even more. Can;t wait for a pve set, shall be my first and I know I'll love it lol
                              Last edited by Draggyy; 11-30-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
                                Eastheria,my teammate for all grup maps/arena have v9 ilusion but rate is rly rly low...so agree,ilu sux a lot
                                I would agree with you pre 2.1 Part I Patch. Have you actually tried it since then?

It's been wonderful for me, personally.

Comment

Working...
                                X