Announcement

Collapse

Official Community Discord Server

Need help? Found a bug? For faster assistance, join our Discord: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

WOW, 7Road "wartune" game net income 80,000,000 RMB($10,000,000) per month

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    geez, no one even click the link i posted? go google the meaning of highway robbery, and you will find examples of asking exorbital prices. The synonym of highway robbery is daylight robbery, coincidence?
    Nope, I Googled it. Still disagree with you. Robbery carries an implicit connotation of force. Whereas gouging does not imply the same. If there is a gas shortage and gas stations go up to $100 a gallon, it's not highway robbery. Nobody has to buy the gas. They're just severely inconvenienced if they don't. That's gouging. Similarly, you may be inconvenienced in Wartune if you don't spend....but the only thing "forcing" you to spend is a personal dissatisfaction with your position/strength relative to others and that aspect of human nature where we always want "more" and "better" and "now, not later."

    And once you take that introspective gaze and identify that flaw, the one insistently telling you that you're not good enough, that you'd be happier if you were just a BIT stronger...that's the first step to resisting the urge to spend.
    Last edited by bshallc2010; 12-01-2013, 07:19 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      As i said, you are arguing over the meaning of "forced" over the fact that this game overpricing things
      As I said before. No one is forced to purchase anything. It's a conscious player decision. A conscious player desire to achieve quicker, rather than just being patient to achieve the same goal.

      It all rests with the player.

      Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      You said: "Then people in general need to learn how to be more careful when on the internet and dealing with potentially addictive things."
      People normally didnt know until it's too late, and you here said it's people' fault for not being careful
      R2 is a business. They're out to make money, from something you don't need, but do want.

      Are you also complaining to Sony about their Playstation? or to Microsoft about the Xbox?

      Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      I never said you did that, but please read again that I (capitalized, bolded in case you are not clear) will use the cash expenditure a factor on judgement. Not only to you but to all players.
      Noted. Thankyou for the clarification.

      Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      Dont argue over semantics again.
      The entire discussion hinges on the semantics of need or want.

      Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      You know we are not physically needs this game,
      Thankyou.

      Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      but we still play it because we are addicted to it.
      Addiction is generally a dependence on something non essential for survival.

      In the end it comes down to players wanting their fix.

      And the devs supplying it for them.

      The player has all the power here.

      They're just lacking motivation to do something about it.

      Sure the prices are some of that motivation... but clearly it's not enough otherwise R2 wouldn't be a profitable business.

      Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      can we move our account to other game supplier?
      You not forced to play here. You can always leave and play another game or choose to do something else?
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
        Nope, I Googled it. Still disagree with you. Robbery carries an implicit connotation of force. Whereas gouging does not imply the same. If there is a gas shortage and gas stations go up to $100 a gallon, it's not highway robbery. Nobody has to buy the gas. They're just severely inconvenienced if they don't. That's gouging. Similarly, you may be inconvenienced in Wartune if you don't spend....but the only thing "forcing" you to spend is a personal dissatisfaction with your position/strength relative to others and that aspect of human nature where we always want "more" and "better" and "now, not later."
        okay, this is the top 5 linka on simple google search: Highway Robbery Definition.
        1) http://www.thefreedictionary.com/highway+robbery
        highway robbery
        n.
        1. Robbery usually of travelers on or near a public road.
        2. Informal The exaction of an exorbitantly high price or fee.
        highway robber n.

        2)http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...hway%20robbery
        1. highway robbery
        when the price for something is sky high, because the manufacturer knows you need it and have no choice but to pay for it. stems from gas stations on highways in the middle of ******* nowhere who charge $10 for a 2 year old microwave burrito because they know the next gas station is 150 miles down the road.
        Person 1-"Man, I paid $50 for 3 gallons of gas, a pack of gum, and a soda last night at this gas station in bumfuck Egypt"

        Person 2- "Talk about highway robbery!"

        3)http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...hway%20robbery
        highway robbery noun
        : the practice of charging a price that is very high and usually unfair for something

        Full Definition of HIGHWAY ROBBERY

        1
        : robbery committed on or near a public highway usually against travelers
        2
        : excessive profit or advantage derived from a business transaction


        4)http://www.macmillandictionary.com/u...ighway-robbery
        highway robbery - definition
        NOUN [UNCOUNTABLE] AMERICAN SPOKEN

        used for saying that you think something is much too expensive

        5)http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/highway_robbery

        Alternative forms[edit]
        highway-robbery, highwayrobbery
        Etymology[edit]
        From highway +‎ robbery. Compare Old English weġrēaf (“highway robbery”, literally “road-theft”).
        Noun[edit]
        highway robbery (plural highway robberies)
        (literally, historical) The act of robbing a traveler on a public road.
        (idiomatic) Said of excessive or exorbitant prices.
        They think they can charge $400 for a shirt? That's highway robbery.

        Synonyms[edit]
        (the asking of an excessive or exorbitant price): daylight robbery
        Originally posted by Wraithraiser
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
          As I said before. No one is forced to purchase anything. It's a conscious player decision. A conscious player desire to achieve quicker, rather than just being patient to achieve the same goal.

          It all rests with the player.

          R2 is a business. They're out to make money, from something you don't need, but do want.
          while we have agreed that i used the wrong word, "forced" on few posts ago, but it seems you dont want to let it go only to attack me in this topic. how is that rational? the fact that you also said r2 exploiting the players to spend more is also the reason why i said they are lawfully right, but morally wrong. i also said that in a few posts ago, btw.

          Are you also complaining to Sony about their Playstation? or to Microsoft about the Xbox?
          actually, i did complained about the XBONE. kinect must on stuffs, no used game policy(the one the cancelled because of the customer backlash), etc.
          The entire discussion hinges on the semantics of need or want.
          The thread is about how this game makes so much money, but somehow the have poor customer support. the one dragging on semantics is you, i keep directing the discussion into the main problem but you keep going off topic with the meanings of words.
          Addiction is generally a dependence on something non essential for survival.

          In the end it comes down to players wanting their fix.

          And the devs supplying it for them.

          The player has all the power here.

          They're just lacking motivation to do something about it.

          Sure the prices are some of that motivation... but clearly it's not enough otherwise R2 wouldn't be a profitable business.
          Drug deals also a profitable business, that's why you see they can afford their own private army. The point is they exploited on our addiction on this game, and some people are stupid enough to buy anything R2 offered. Who am i to stop other players from spending?

          You not forced to play here. You can always leave and play another game or choose to do something else?
          how cute, like you said: Once players drop a few $K in, they're there for the long run. But on this case not only $ but also the time. We wasted so much time building our toon and you said we can simply leave? I cant find the right word to call you right now, but it's somewhere between arrogant and ignorant.
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

          Comment


          • #35
            Let me say this. Just because you feel the price is high doesn't mean that everyone does. If I make $1000 a month, then spending $100 on this game is a high amount to me, however if I make $10,000 a month then that same $100 is almost nothing. Your here trying to argue that this company is making too much profit? Sorry but isn't that what communist countries did? Try to keep everyone at about the same level?

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by xeonrf View Post
              Let me say this. Just because you feel the price is high doesn't mean that everyone does. If I make $1000 a month, then spending $100 on this game is a high amount to me, however if I make $10,000 a month then that same $100 is almost nothing. Your here trying to argue that this company is making too much profit? Sorry but isn't that what communist countries did? Try to keep everyone at about the same level?
              Do you even read what i posted? let me repeat this again:
              Originally posted by Arlad View Post
              Where the hell you got that impression that i said that? read my posts again.

              The point is, with those money they gained they should have listened to what the customers want
              , not keep extorting them again and again.
              By "want" is fixing those stupid bugs, lag problem, and other issues that you can search in this forum.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                okay, this is the top 5 linka on simple google search: Highway Robbery Definition.
                1) http://www.thefreedictionary.com/highway+robbery
                highway robbery
                n.
                1. Robbery usually of travelers on or near a public road.
                2. Informal The exaction of an exorbitantly high price or fee.
                highway robber n.

                2)http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...hway%20robbery
                1. highway robbery
                when the price for something is sky high, because the manufacturer knows you need it and have no choice but to pay for it. stems from gas stations on highways in the middle of ******* nowhere who charge $10 for a 2 year old microwave burrito because they know the next gas station is 150 miles down the road.
                Person 1-"Man, I paid $50 for 3 gallons of gas, a pack of gum, and a soda last night at this gas station in bumfuck Egypt"

                Person 2- "Talk about highway robbery!"

                3)http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...hway%20robbery
                highway robbery noun
                : the practice of charging a price that is very high and usually unfair for something

                Full Definition of HIGHWAY ROBBERY

                1
                : robbery committed on or near a public highway usually against travelers
                2
                : excessive profit or advantage derived from a business transaction


                4)http://www.macmillandictionary.com/u...ighway-robbery
                highway robbery - definition
                NOUN [UNCOUNTABLE] AMERICAN SPOKEN

                used for saying that you think something is much too expensive

                5)http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/highway_robbery

                Alternative forms[edit]
                highway-robbery, highwayrobbery
                Etymology[edit]
                From highway +‎ robbery. Compare Old English weġrēaf (“highway robbery”, literally “road-theft”).
                Noun[edit]
                highway robbery (plural highway robberies)
                (literally, historical) The act of robbing a traveler on a public road.
                (idiomatic) Said of excessive or exorbitant prices.
                They think they can charge $400 for a shirt? That's highway robbery.

                Synonyms[edit]
                (the asking of an excessive or exorbitant price): daylight robbery
                You can throw definitions at me all you want as if I didn't just tell you I looked them up myself. You missed the part where it's listed as "informal" and "idiomatic" and "American spoken" and...wait seriously, you used Urban Dictionary as a source?!?! ROFL.

                Now kindly Google "gouging" and "fleecing" and don't be shocked when you run into almost the EXACT same definitions. I reiterate that they are more appropriate descriptors that lack the idea of "force" that your use of "highway robbery" carries.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Otherwise, Arlad, I can agree with you that R2 overcharges us and that they have pretty shoddy customer support/service. I never disagreed with that. I just disagreed with some incorrect assertions you made along the way.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                    You can throw definitions at me all you want as if I didn't just tell you I looked them up myself. You missed the part where it's listed as "informal" and "idiomatic" and "American spoken" and...wait seriously, you used Urban Dictionary as a source?!?! ROFL.

                    Now kindly Google "gouging" and "fleecing" and don't be shocked when you run into almost the EXACT same definitions. I reiterate that they are more appropriate descriptors that lack the idea of "force" that your use of "highway robbery" carries.
                    1) urban dictionary maybe stupid, but they are often right in slang terms. like people said: "a broken clock is still right twice a day".
                    2) "gouging" and "fleecing" did has the same EXACT definitions, but who used them in real life? nerds?
                    3) you complained that i used informal words? this is an internet forum, not a thesis.
                    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                      Do you even read what i posted? let me repeat this again:


                      By "want" is fixing those stupid bugs, lag problem, and other issues that you can search in this forum.
                      You seem very angry at anyone who doesn't agree with you and make a point to show it. My question to you is this, if your so unhappy with how much they charge, the bugs in the game, and the lack of service, then why are you still here? Go play something else.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                        1) urban dictionary maybe stupid, but they are often right in slang terms. like people said: "a broken clock is still right twice a day".
                        2) "gouging" and "fleecing" did has the same EXACT definitions, but who used them in real life? nerds?
                        3) you complained that i used informal words? this is an internet forum, not a thesis.
                        All I'm getting from that entire post is a hostility towards people with intelligence and education. Forgive me for having a proper vocabulary beyond that which can be found at Urban Dictionary. I wasn't complaining about your use of informal words, I was pointing out that you were throwing contemporary slang around like it's the gold standard in definitions.

                        Oh, and gouging and fleecing...had you paid attention, they're informal words too. Just more accurate informal words than the ones you chose. But I thought you weren't here to debate semantics. So we can both accept that I'm right on this, you're wrong, no love lost, and return the focus to R2's customer service...right?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by xeonrf View Post
                          You seem very angry at anyone who doesn't agree with you and make a point to show it. My question to you is this, if your so unhappy with how much they charge, the bugs in the game, and the lack of service, then why are you still here? Go play something else.
                          read my other posts.



                          Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                          ...... But on this case not only $ but also the time. We wasted so much time building our toon and you said we can simply leave?.......
                          if you wanted to brought up attitudes, let me remind you on your first post"
                          Originally posted by xeonrf View Post
                          Who cares, they put out a game that people are willing to pay for.
                          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                            All I'm getting from that entire post is a hostility towards people with intelligence and education. Forgive me for having a proper vocabulary beyond that which can be found at Urban Dictionary. I wasn't complaining about your use of informal words, I was pointing out that you were throwing contemporary slang around like it's the gold standard in definitions.

                            Oh, and gouging and fleecing...had you paid attention, they're informal words too. Just more accurate informal words than the ones you chose. But I thought you weren't here to debate semantics. So we can both accept that I'm right on this, you're wrong, no love lost, and return the focus to R2's customer service...right?
                            You claims that highway robbery is not the right word, while in the other hand you also said that it also has the same meaning with "gouging" and "fleecing". What's makes you think mine is wrong and yours is right when you also said that all of them are informal words?

                            And i will GLADLY get over the semantics if people stopped bringing it up again. it is not i that brought that issue in the first place.
                            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Arlad View Post
                              You claims that highway robbery is not the right word, while in the other hand you also said that it also has the same meaning with "gouging" and "fleecing". What's makes you think mine is wrong and yours is right when you also said that all of them are informal words?

                              And i will GLADLY get over the semantics if people stopped bringing it up again. it is not i that brought that issue in the first place.
                              Oh, mine is right and yours is wrong because of the connotations that they carry. I thought I'd been clear about that. As another poster had mentioned, highway robbery is implicitly "your money or your life" due to its origins in ACTUAL robbery, meaning that it carries an association of force, or the absence of any meaningful choice. Fleecing/gouging on the other hand, is much more neutral in that regard, hence more appropriate for usage in what you yourself have admitted is not a "force" situation.

                              I'm glad we can put this issue to bed. =)
                              Last edited by bshallc2010; 12-01-2013, 08:51 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                                Oh, mine is right and yours is wrong because of the connotations that they carry. I thought I'd been clear about that. As another poster had mentioned, highway robbery is implicitly "your money or your life" due to its origins in ACTUAL robbery, meaning that it carries an association of force, or the absence of any meaningful choice. Fleecing/gouging on the other hand, is much more neutral in that regard, hence more appropriate for usage in what you yourself have admitted is not a "force" situation.

                                fleece:
                                flēs/
                                noun
                                1.
                                the woolly covering of a sheep or goat.
                                "as the sheep came on board, we grabbed their long shaggy fleeces"
                                2.
                                a thing resembling a sheep's woolly covering, in particular.

                                Gouge:

                                noun
                                1.
                                a chisel with a concave blade, used in carpentry, sculpture, and surgery.
                                2.
                                an indentation or groove made by gouging.

                                Huh?
                                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X