Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

WOW, 7Road "wartune" game net income 80,000,000 RMB($10,000,000) per month

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
    They robbed me from the otherside of the world? They forced me to put my card details in? I don't think so.

It's not robbery, it was personal choice by every player who has spent, ever.

I'm sorry that the peer pressure to perform or keep up makes you feel that you were robbed.
    To be precise, Highway Robbery. look at it's definitions
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      To be precise, Highway Robbery. look at it's definitions
      To be precise, no one is forced to pay. Period.

Players choose to pay.

No robbery of any kind.

Any casher can choose to not pay. They simply leave their credit card in their purse or wallet.
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I lost all respect from you, i thought experienced players should have know how much this game pretty much FORCED you to buy casher items to stay competitive. But it seems being high up there blinded your view on how things actually running. stop buying, then you off the top chart.
        And you didnt even try to deny that this stupid game has overpricing things(HIGHWAY ROBBERY) while having a poor customer support.
        Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I lost all respect from you, i thought experienced players should have know how much this game pretty much FORCED you to buy casher items to stay competitive. But it seems being high up there blinded your view on how things actually running. stop buying, then you off the top chart.
          And you didnt even try to deny that this stupid game has overpricing things(HIGHWAY ROBBERY) while having a poor customer support.
          i totally agree with this. guy. things are too over priced.. the are doing it. like.. drug dealers.. who make you addict first then price what ever they want.. for.. new supply.. it just hurts.. how r2 is exploiting our love for this game..

Comment

I lost all respect from you,
            Because I disagree with your view point? Wow.

i thought experienced players should have know how much this game pretty much FORCED you to buy casher items to stay competitive.
            No. Player greed forces a player to buy things. The game just offers a tiny advantage for an inflated price. People then buy that tiny advantage repeatedly.

Competitiveness is a personal trait. It's provoked by the game for sure... but it's not like an R2 representative is sat next to you with a gun to your head every time you play? Or is it? Perhaps they leave me alone?

But it seems being high up there blinded your view on how things actually running.
            High up where exactly? I'm nothing like #1 for any ranking, anywhere on my server, or cross server. I'm not even impressive for my level anymore. So please don't use my character / cash expenditure as a judgement on my opinion.

stop buying, then you off the top chart.
            This game is a competition of the wallet. No one is forced to actually compete though. It's human nature to try to be number 1. If you're wanting to be the top dog, you have to pay.

Is R2 exploiting this trait... For example through inflated prices?

And you didnt even try to deny that this stupid game has overpricing things
            I agree there. That's why I didn't deny it. I also chose mostly to not partake seriously with my cash. I play for fun and I throw a little cash at the game now and then. I chose to throw a little cash at the game.

Highway Robbery:

Firstly Highway robbery was performed by highway men. With guns. There was no, 'actually, sorry. I don't think I'm gonna buy any balens from you this month' option. The options were: your money or your life.

Secondly players chose to purchase the digital goods. There is no forcing. any player anywhere can decide: Actually you know what this month, I'm not buying balens...

Then R2 shows a new jpg and they forget that promise cos they have to keep up. They whip out their card and willing spend.
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

Because I disagree with your view point? Wow.
              Because i expected better, rational thinking from a veteran player like you. i guess i set my standard too high
              No. Player greed forces a player to buy things. The game just offers a tiny advantage for an inflated price. People then buy that tiny advantage repeatedly.
              okay, you are right. FORCED is not the right word for it, but like you said they are exploiting some people to spend way higher than they should. It's not wrong, but it's a d*** move. Lawfully right, but morally wrong/
              Competitiveness is a personal trait. It's provoked by the game for sure... but it's not like an R2 representative is sat next to you with a gun to your head every time you play? Or is it? Perhaps they leave me alone?
              Like someone stated, it's the drug dealer case. We are free to not to buy, but they know players will end up buying in the end because of their "addiction".
              High up where exactly? I'm nothing like #1 for any ranking, anywhere on my server, or cross server. I'm not even impressive for my level anymore. So please don't use my character / cash expenditure as a judgement on my opinion.
              Oh but i will use the cash expenditure a factor on judgement. Some casher always tried to justified their absurd spendings by attacking non cashers, however the opposite also applied to non cashers who blindly hates ALL cashers indiscriminately.
              This game is a competition of the wallet. No one is forced to actually compete though. It's human nature to try to be number 1. If you're wanting to be the top dog, you have to pay.

Is R2 exploiting this trait... For example through inflated prices?
              Yes, they actually exploiting this throught the inflated prices. They know many players tried to be competitive by throwing every cent they have, thus inflating the price so only people who spent absurd amount of money wins.
              I agree there. That's why I didn't deny it. I also chose mostly to not partake seriously with my cash. I play for fun and I throw a little cash at the game now and then. I chose to throw a little cash at the game.
              finally something that we can both agree.
              Highway Robbery:

Firstly Highway robbery was performed by highway men. With guns. There was no, 'actually, sorry. I don't think I'm gonna buy any balens from you this month' option. The options were: your money or your life.

Secondly players chose to purchase the digital goods. There is no forcing. any player anywhere can decide: Actually you know what this month, I'm not buying balens...

Then R2 shows a new jpg and they forget that promise cos they have to keep up. They whip out their card and willing spend.
              from the link i posted earlier:
              highway robbery noun
              : the practice of charging a price that is very high and usually unfair for something

Full Definition of HIGHWAY ROBBERY

: robbery committed on or near a public highway usually against travelers
              : excessive profit or advantage derived from a business transaction

Comment

The debate about terminology aside, I think we can all agree that the advantages conferred by spending money in this game are rarely commensurate with the prices charged to obtain those advantages. That would be more akin to "fleecing" or "price gouging."

Comment

As for spending money on this game, Arlad, it is entirely possible to "cash smarter, not harder." Yes, this is a drug dealer scenario. R2 wants to play on innate competitive drive. It's your choice what you're competing for, though. Maybe set your sights on being the best noncasher level 69 there is. You sit there, get all astrals level 10, get fate to level 20, all guild skills, full legendary 60 gears, and let the clothing levels and mounts stack up over time. Farm blue sylphs and sepulcrums to max them out.

You'll never be the best in the game this way...but you *can* be the best within a certain bracket of the game. The best 69, the best 64, the best 59/54/49/44/39.....I can't recommend slow-levelling enough.

Comment

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                    As for spending money on this game, Arlad, it is entirely possible to "cash smarter, not harder." Yes, this is a drug dealer scenario. R2 wants to play on innate competitive drive. It's your choice what you're competing for, though. Maybe set your sights on being the best noncasher level 69 there is. You sit there, get all astrals level 10, get fate to level 20, all guild skills, full legendary 60 gears, and let the clothing levels and mounts stack up over time. Farm blue sylphs and sepulcrums to max them out.

You'll never be the best in the game this way...but you *can* be the best within a certain bracket of the game. The best 69, the best 64, the best 59/54/49/44/39.....I can't recommend slow-levelling enough.
                    I can't recommend slow leveling either, what you mentioned is NO-leveling, not slow-leveling, which is a completely different thing and makes you a god within your bracket, and if you're a competitive person who wants to enjoy without cashing too much, then it's the right thing for you.
                    Slow-leveling is obsolete, it's been proven to be an awful gamestyle eventhough I warned people about it from the start.

Comment

Because i expected better, rational thinking from a veteran player like you. i guess i set my standard too high
                      How is my thinking irrational? Please enlighten me.

okay, you are right. FORCED is not the right word for it, but like you said they are exploiting some people to spend way higher than they should. It's not wrong, but it's a d*** move. Lawfully right, but morally wrong/
                      Agreed.

Like someone stated, it's the drug dealer case. We are free to not to buy, but they know players will end up buying in the end because of their "addiction".
                      Then people in general need to learn how to be more careful when on the internet and dealing with potentially addictive things.

Oh but i will use the cash expenditure a factor on judgement. Some casher always tried to justified their absurd spendings by attacking non cashers, however the opposite also applied to non cashers who blindly hates ALL cashers indiscriminately.
                      Have I used my VIP/Casher status to belittle, intimidate, bully or otherwise force an opinion on anyone here on this forum?

I don't think I have ever used my cash player status as an discussion point.

I don't see how it makes any discussion point more valid.

Yes, they actually exploiting this throught the inflated prices. They know many players tried to be competitive by throwing every cent they have, thus inflating the price so only people who spent absurd amount of money wins.
                      Right. So how is that going to be any different if they change the prices? If they make it so everyone can afford to max out everything for $50 or $500, then once everyone has maxed everything and gotten bored in a month, they all quit and go somewhere else, because $50 for a few months entertainment is fine to walk away from. Once players drop a few $K in, they're there for the long run.

In the end it's all player choice.

from the link i posted earlier:
                      highway robbery noun
                      : the practice of charging a price that is very high and usually unfair for something

Full Definition of HIGHWAY ROBBERY

: robbery committed on or near a public highway usually against travelers
                      : excessive profit or advantage derived from a business transaction
                      If people willing pay, multiple times, it can't be excessive.

Is the price of a Ferrari excess? Just because you can't afford it, does that mean that as a company Ferrari should lower their prices?

Comment

How is my thinking irrational? Please enlighten me.
                        The fact that you are arguing over semantics over the main issue?
                        Then people in general need to learn how to be more careful when on the internet and dealing with potentially addictive things.
                        Please dont do the victim blaming again... it's inappropriate.
                        Have I used my VIP/Casher status to belittle, intimidate, bully or otherwise force an opinion on anyone here on this forum?

I don't think I have ever used my cash player status as an discussion point.

I don't see how it makes any discussion point more valid.
                        No, but simply on separating where casher an non-casher, we can see each people defending people on their group. This going worse with elitism with "Heavy Cashers" and "Pure non-balens users".
                        Right. So how is that going to be any different if they change the prices? If they make it so everyone can afford to max out everything for $50 or $500, then once everyone has maxed everything and gotten bored in a month, they all quit and go somewhere else, because $50 for a few months entertainment is fine to walk away from. Once players drop a few $K in, they're there for the long run.

In the end it's all player choice.
                        That's where it's the drug dealer case. The price is so high not because the production value, but because consumer needs them badly.
                        If people willing pay, multiple times, it can't be excessive.

Is the price of a Ferrari excess? Just because you can't afford it, does that mean that as a company Ferrari should lower their prices?
                        No, but if something like Tata motors charges the price of a Ferrari because they are the only supplier in the country, no way you would call it a right bussiness.

Comment

The fact that you are arguing over semantics over the main issue?
                          I'm responding to each of your points in your posts.

As you said, you lost respect for me basically because I disagree with you and then you call me irrational.

I asked you to validate that irrationality and this is your reply?

Please dont do the victim blaming again... it's inappropriate.
                          Sorry but I didn't say anything that correlates to that. So stop putting words into my mouth and actually address my points.

No, but simply on separating where casher an non-casher, we can see each people defending people on their group. This going worse with elitism with "Heavy Cashers" and "Pure non-balens users".
                          I have never done that. So again, please stop asserting that I have. It's not relevant to the discussion.

That's where it's the drug dealer case. The price is so high not because the production value, but because consumer needs them badly.
                          Ah the main discussion point:

Need? as in required?

or want?

The two are very different.

No, but if something like Tata motors charges the price of a Ferrari because they are the only supplier in the country, no way you would call it a right bussiness.
                          R2 are the only internet games supplier?

Comment

I'm responding to each of your points in your posts.

As you said, you lost respect for me basically because I disagree with you and then you call me irrational.

I asked you to validate that irrationality and this is your reply?
                            As i said, you are arguing over the meaning of "forced" over the fact that this game overpricing things, where they actually make enough money so it's not an excuse for having a poor customer support.
                            Sorry but I didn't say anything that correlates to that. So stop putting words into my mouth and actually address my points.
                            You said: "Then people in general need to learn how to be more careful when on the internet and dealing with potentially addictive things."
                            People normally didnt know until it's too late, and you here said it's people' fault for not being careful
                            I have never done that. So again, please stop asserting that I have. It's not relevant to the discussion.
                            I never said you did that, but please read again that I (capitalized, bolded in case you are not clear) will use the cash expenditure a factor on judgement. Not only to you but to all players.

Ah the main discussion point:

Need? as in required?

or want?

The two are very different.

Dont argue over semantics again. You know we are not physically needs this game, but we still play it because we are addicted to it.
                            R2 are the only internet games supplier?
                            can we move our account to other game supplier?

Comment

Arlad, I'm gonna have to say that you're being much less rational here than Hutt. It's a valid point to argue over meanings, as you keep using words like "forced" and "need" as if they are givens, when in fact it is closer to "heavily encouraged" and "want."

You say "highway robbery" when "fleecing/gouging" is more accurate, as well.
                              Last edited by bshallc2010; 12-01-2013, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                                Arlad, I'm gonna have to say that you're being much less rational here than Hutt. It's a valid point to argue over meanings, as you keep using words like "forced" and "need" as if they are givens, when in fact it is closer to "heavily encouraged" and "want."

You say "highway robbery" when "fleecing/gouging" is more accurate, as well.
                                geez, no one even click the link i posted? go google the meaning of highway robbery, and you will find examples of asking exorbital prices. The synonym of highway robbery is daylight robbery, coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X