This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class balance?????????

Seriously is there going to be a change to the knight class they are severely underpowered compared to the others, never in the top damage with boss events. Dueling lower level with significantly weaker gear still lose to archers dmg. I seem to attack half the time as other classes which doesn't seem fair. Just annoyed with how easy it seems to be for other classes anyone else aware of this or plan on making a change?????

No class attacks faster than any other class. It's about when you input skills. If you mash the skill the second it's available, you should actually be faster than the AI and have an advantage.

Auto attacks come out the fastest, skills take slightly longer, and Delphic skills take a while to charge.

Comment

Knights underpowered?!? Are you serious? All classes are balanced, if you wanted to shine in the top 10 WB list than you had to take a dps class, not a tanky class who's dmg is still high.

Comment

Comparing the balance only on one event does not work.

Comment

hmm.. , after using knight for quite a long time, I really feel, endurance is fins compared to other classes, but armor needs to
          be improved, it's coming archers of same lvl same equips match the knights in pdef, now that's not fair cause in the same
          context knights are at 500-700 lesser attack to them , this is not balanced, armor should be good for a tank..

Comment

I am wearing the 35 set and i dont have the same def as knights wearing a 35 set ._____. And i have a pdef purple lvl 3-4 astral (i dont remember right now) and to match the knight's hp i have to use a 1500 hp astral

Comment

I think alot of the problem is to many knights try to be a DPS class,were right at selection we are told were tanks.Not to say we can't do good DPS if skilled into it,but as tanks is were we shine as a class.Now as for duels yeah were at a disadvantage if you try to out DPS other classes ,but they don't match us as tanks in PvE.Personally my toon is a full time tank ,his skill set, gems and astrals all reflect that.So when i duel i tank the other class down,and this seems to work well for me.Just my 2 cents worth

Comment

I Play Mage and just by seeing a Knight's Skills i can say they would make VERY good pvp'ers against either class...High HP, High Mdef and Pdef, Upgrade your "Shield" and your "Reflect" skills, enough said (Why you hurtin' yourself?)
                'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                ☣CAIN☣

Comment

The main problem is that Knights just aren't tanky enough. They need scaling tank skills, especially their damage reflection, it needs to scale with stats (maybe PDEF or Block).

Comment

Originally posted by R23014911 View Post
                    I think alot of the problem is to many knights try to be a DPS class,were right at selection we are told were tanks.Not to say we can't do good DPS if skilled into it,but as tanks is were we shine as a class.Now as for duels yeah were at a disadvantage if you try to out DPS other classes ,but they don't match us as tanks in PvE.Personally my toon is a full time tank ,his skill set, gems and astrals all reflect that.So when i duel i tank the other class down,and this seems to work well for me.Just my 2 cents worth
                    That is exactly what it is. All tanks I have senn ( with like 4 exceptions) try to be DPS tanks. If that is the build you want then go ahead and make it. They can be helpful in PvE dungeons. But you cant compare a DPS Tank to a Mage or Archer. They wont hold a candle to either of them. True Tanks on the other hand are beasts in the arena. Reflect Skills+ Reflect Atrals+ High Def = Archers usually kill themselves with their high crits.

But Class balancing isn't the issue. I saw one knight in world chat raging because he could beat a mage 3 levels lower than him... But the reason was The mage had full lvl 3 Guild skills. The Knight hadn't purchased ANY Guild skills. So there is a lot of factors when it comes to * Balancing* your build.
                    Crystal Saga
                    CarnivorousX
                    Celestial Palace
                    Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
                    Guild Edan

WarTune
                    Temple of Ibalize
                    Archer Lvl 4x
                    Faithful of Malicious

Comment

Originally posted by LordMagus View Post
                      The main problem is that Knights just aren't tanky enough. They need scaling tank skills, especially their damage reflection, it needs to scale with stats (maybe PDEF or Block).
                      we do have scaling damage asorbtion which at the end of the day is what we as a class are about(QTE thingy) ,taking damage and still putting out DPS were and when we can.Personally i see my job in a instance is 1. protect others by absorbing most of the damage 2.making sure i survive by using my shields if no healer or they can't won't help 3.put out DPS but not at the expence of wasting rage that is better used on 1&2.As for the clases in general i see knight =tank/melee support mage healer/aoe DPS support archer both single and aoe DPS.Now why do we have the ability to do 2 jobs for each class,i think that is answered at lv 38 were i think were get the chance to have 2 specs(i may be wrong on that don't quote me on it ).Now when you enter a instance with 2 knights say,one can change skills and the group can still work.You as a knight may not like being a tank for a group,but it may be you with need to later on to get in groups.Best to learn now while its easy,as i see heroic instances needing at least 1 tank 1 heals to work.
                      Last edited by R23014911; 09-04-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ProNab View Post
                        I Play Mage and just by seeing a Knight's Skills i can say they would make VERY good pvp'ers against either class...High HP, High Mdef and Pdef, Upgrade your "Shield" and your "Reflect" skills, enough said (Why you hurtin' yourself?)
                        This is what im trying to say ,we DO make good PvPs it is how most try to achieve this is what i think is the wrong (or perhaps better said not the most effective)way to do it.

Comment

"Why you hurting yourself?" HAHAHA pronab+1

Comment

Originally posted by ProNab View Post
                            u got that right , they seem very good against archer and 1 on 1 , and their ground slash like skill damage was scary
                            [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
                            NasrulEyo
                            Mage
                            Havoc

"I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
                            U can submit a here
                            My guide

Comment

Originally posted by R23014911 View Post
                              This is what im trying to say ,we DO make good PvPs it is how most try to achieve this is what i think is the wrong (or perhaps better said not the most effective)way to do it.
                              there will be always a nerf for every 2 month or so i think , all browser game do
                              hope they make mage OP when the change comes
                              [S1] Temple Of Ibalize
                              NasrulEyo
                              Mage
                              Havoc

"I'm Moving Forward Bcoz Of Friends , Ty For Supporting Me Friends & Havoc"
                              U can submit a here
                              My guide

Comment

Working...
                              X