Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruthlessness

Floating damage increased by %

What does this do exactly? I don't understand how floating damage works?

ok, your normal hit is 10000 dmg, if u have floating 50%.... u can hit betwenn 5k-15k. thats is floating dmg

Comment

Plus/minus x% of your typical damage values. Dazzlingbeauty gave a perfect example.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchist View Post
        Plus/minus x% of your typical damage values. Dazzlingbeauty gave a perfect example.

Comment

This astral should be renamed "toothless".

Comment

Base floating damage is 10%. So for example if you deal 1000 damage with an auto attack on the same target, your extreme spread will be 200 (your minimum damage will be 900, your maximum damage 1100). The Ruthlessness astral increases this spread by (Astral Lv x 7% x 2). So if your Ruthlessness astral is Lv 5 (=35%), those 35% are added to your maximum damage and substracted from your minimum damage to calculate a new damage range, in this case 55%-145% (550-1450 damage).

As you can see, the average damage (1000) will still be the same. In short, Ruthlessness should be called Uselessness.

Comment

Originally posted by Quickpick View Post
              This astral should be renamed "toothless".
              Uselessness more like

Comment

It's almost useless, but there is one instance for which it is useful (not World Boss).
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

What if the calculation like:
                  Min. Damage = 900
                  Max Damage = 1100
                  with ruthlesness astral, for let say 10%, then the damage become:
                  Min. Damage -> 900 * 90% = 810
                  Max Damage -> 1100 * 110% = 1210
                  so there is increase of 10% of rutlesnes astral percentage to the average damage, in this example 1%.
                  still useles though :P
                  Last edited by ball0n; 12-03-2013, 12:43 AM.
                  Server: East Coast Server 300+
                  Class: Mage
                  Level: 70+
                  Battle Rating: 90+k
                  Honor: Lord Divine

Comment

Originally posted by ball0n View Post
                    Min. Damage = 900
                    Max Damage = 1100
                    so there is increase of 10% of rutlesnes astral percentage to the average damage, in this example 1%.
                    No, this calculation is incorrect.
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Condor and you could maybe share where you find it usefull? I have leveled that astral myself several times. (last time i got it to level 7) and always ended up exping another astral with it. I honestly wanted to make it work i found it interesting and etc but...

So if you found at least 1 instance and explain why?

Comment

This is always going to be a luck-based astral. I found one instance, but it is also dependent on luck.

Scenario: If you're close in BR to another person, but he/she beats you 100% of the time. This astral gives you a chance to beat him. So it gives you a chance to win an otherwise 100% losing battle.

The converse is also true. If you're beating someone 100% of the time, never use this astral. It changes a 100% winning battle into a less-than-100% chance of winning.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

yea well i kinda hoped you would tell me something else. Its true what you say, having a 50% dmg boost and the right trigger on this can make you win very easily. BUt i find it way too much gamble for my taste.

Comment

Originally posted by ball0n View Post
                            Min. Damage = 900
                            Max Damage = 1100
                            The percentage increase/decrease is an absolute value. Also +10% from an Astral is not possible since Ruthlessness goes up in 7% increments. At Lv 2 you would have +- 14%, meaning 760-1240 on 1000 average damage.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                              No, this calculation is incorrect.
                              There are multiple formulas floating around for that astral and no one knows which is correct because nobody has access to the game code.

Comment

Working...
                              X