Will our class even matter anymore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will our class even matter anymore?

I am sorry if this sounds like an angry rant or something, but still, some things I'd like to get off my chest.

With the coming update it will be possible to learn new skills for our sylphs. We can apparently have up to 8 skills. We can also upgrade them.

All this will cost money. I expect it to be a lot of money.

We have already witnessed how overpowered the sylphs are even in their current state. With the upcoming changes, what I really wonder is what point there will be to our main class.

Should we stop saying, "I'm a mage" or "I'm a knight" and instead start saying "I'm a Pan" or "I'm an Iris"?

Sylphs seem to be progressing from the point where they are just a "part" of the game to where they are actually taking over the game.
    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
    [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Right now a purple apollo is the premium card like high HS used to be, if his AoEs can be upgraded to do more dmg it will be just a race against time i think lol.

Comment

wait til the dark pet comes and makes all those apollo's cry
      Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

I'm sorry, I think I was unclear.

I don't think the skills they have can be "upgraded" per se but they can be taught new ones. So we will have sylphs that have several passives, skill bars of up to 8 skills, and so on and so forth.
        [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
        [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

you can only have a max of five skills on your skill bar.

it is not unlike your classes skill bar, where you have a bunch of skills to choose from, but can only bring five. (there are also some passive skills that are automatic too, but that's true for classes as well.)
          ChieftainRez
          Knight
          VictisHNR
          [S1] Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
            wait til the dark pet comes and makes all those apollo's cry
            dark has -85 def vs light

Comment

I agree that the sylphs will be overpowered.

But on a plus side the whole game is becoming a joke anyway, it is no longer a pay to win game, more a pay to get your *** kicked. Never mind the poor "wipe your feet on me" non cashers LOL.

As for the comment about waiting for dark sylphs:- Why ?

The cashers who have high apollo's now will just buy the new sylphs and their corresponding skills and become even more powerful.

I have seen a lot of people quit because of the Apollo's, not just free players, but medium cashers who bought boxes without getting the apollo.

HOWEVER WE SHOULD ALL REJOICE. SERVER 400 IS HERE AND WE HAVE SOME EVENTS TO CELEBRATE. Only thing is, every other server is totally fooking dead or dying LOL

Comment

As I've seen, the skill scrolls isn't that expensive(for r2 standards), can most likly buy 1 per month with BB UNLESS you wanna buy anything else.

But main class will still matter in PVE I think, it takes 5 turns to build up to awaken, and 5 turns without debuff skills can be deadly. I've seen each sylph seem to have one of the key skills tho for pve(apollo shield, scatter, purification), so you can basicly remove the need of any class depending on what sylph you use.

In the end, I like the idea of sylph, but make their dmg output lower, or make you take more dmg while in sylph form, cause right now it's just positive to enter that stage, without any downsides.

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
                  As I've seen, the skill scrolls isn't that expensive(for r2 standards), can most likly buy 1 per month with BB UNLESS you wanna buy anything else.

But main class will still matter in PVE I think, it takes 5 turns to build up to awaken, and 5 turns without debuff skills can be deadly. I've seen each sylph seem to have one of the key skills tho for pve(apollo shield, scatter, purification), so you can basicly remove the need of any class depending on what sylph you use.

In the end, I like the idea of sylph, but make their dmg output lower, or make you take more dmg while in sylph form, cause right now it's just positive to enter that stage, without any downsides.
                  +1 from me. Well said.
                  This could be an answer to the mess sylph brought upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by symedia View Post
                    dark has -85 def vs light
                    So then its just a race against time
                    FinalHC
                    Kabam - S39/S6
                    (Mage lvl.80 ~172k BR)

Comment

when u see the other team in GA with 3 blue/purple apollos, its a 5 turn fight or less usually anyway lol

Comment

Right now yes, but wait till the next patch which brings the guardian system, there u supposedly slot gems(like the equipment gems right now) and you can gain resistances to various elements. Sylphs won't be very overly powerful then.

Comment

well my pride as a mage has to suffer because of the sylphs. They have all our skills, especially that iris ...I can already imagine : 'a mage is needed in mpd', 'I have iris with restoration and blessed light, **** mages, invite me'. People already started to ditch us in pve...when you'll be able to buy blessed light as well a rock shall hit me
                          Last edited by Draggyy; 12-04-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

A pve mage still outclasses a sylph though, and a mage doesn't need to be awakened too heal others if they ditched you for those reasons, i'm surprised how they can do MPD's efficiently
                            Character name: Silence

Class: mage.

Server: 490.

Level 44.

Comment

Well, for regular mps a mage can be switched for iris i guess, atleast for more powerful teams...until lv 80's arrive ^^ ...i wouldnt for spire and high tok though(unless nekkid tok, spire point still stands)

Comment

Working...
                              X