Will our class even matter anymore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Belhor1993 View Post
    Iris will never replace the mage. Why? In Lynch's nm bosses hit really hard and if you don't get healed you are dead. First boss hits for 10-50k normal damage to single target and if there is no mage to restore then tank is dead, if tank is dead g g. If you are iris you can't always heal so... Second boss is the same but he give 10k bleed to everybody. Last boss gives a buff after his first hp bar is down where you get no cd and full rage after boss hits, so you spam bless non stop. He hits with 10-30k dmg each player and before that he hits with 20-60k non crit damage to single target. So if you get crit you are dead xD If there is no mage and you are Iris you have to wait til you get awaken before heal. If 70th dungeons are so hard imagine 80th... Also there is 1000% awakening buff atm if you haven't noticed. Sylphs are very useful in tok/spire/mpd and that's it, also after this 1000% buff is gone (soon or later) game will be balanced.
    At 55 the sylphs get x10 speed, so after 55 it will be like current speed even with 1000% removed.
    Yes Iris wont replace mage.. Because the inefficient heal. The 15 sec cd is a rather low amount, 85% compared to the mages with talents doing 100-125% heals. The Iris BL also cost a ton of sylph awakening, using it will take roughly 1/3 or more of your amount with the timer ticking, not to mention the CD... high talent mages have roughly 45 sec cd, compared to 60 sec.
    Purify and sunt is also 2 rather vital skills in quite a few dungeons, so nope... Mages will stay vital, just like archers.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
      The only class that is irreplaceable is archer.
      Both mages and knights are redundant:

Watch video below:
      http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....hlight=elitank

That shows that 4 archers can beat LL NM.

Now show me 4 mages or 4 knights who can beat LL NM. Zilch. None.

Archers are truly an overpowered class. It can AoE (Lunatic Fire), slow (deep freeze), scattershot, heal (bloodthirsty strike), reduce damage (Incendiary shot with talents upgrade) and delphic.
      Find me another class which can truly solo.
      I am pretty sure if you put together a team of 110-130k mages, which judging by the hp and dmg taken most of those are, I guess they could do it aswell... now I can't say they can since it's never been done though.... atleast with the new sylph skills and their weird buffs and stuff.
      P.S: that is not 4 archers.... xD
      Yes, archer is the PvE king.... that's been decided since long ago. Also when the difference in br to what it takes to complete a dungeon is that large, class doesn't really matter much:/
      Last edited by krackenker; 12-05-2013, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Mages also seem to forget that the strongest sylph currently in the game is Apollo with MATK damage.
        Mages have the biggest advantage in every PvP instance currently, if they don't bloody take advantage out of this, then they never would have.
        I see a post few pages back saying this is now the era of the knight or archer, don't make me laugh rofl.
        Player Class: Archer
        Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
          I am pretty sure if you put together a team of 110-130k mages, which judging by the hp and dmg taken most of those are, they are likely to clear LL or sam aswell.... atleast with the new sylph skills and their weird buffs and stuff.
          P.S: that is not 4 archers.... xD
          How about this?

2 Archers.
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
            How about this?

2 Archers.
            Also I saw a vid of a knight soloing sam nm
            I am down to 1 knight!

Comment

To be honest with the new skills introduced I am not so sure krackenker.

With the new skills introduced an Iris will have access to Restoration, Blessed Light and Purification. All that is lacking is Suntoria.

Four physicals of any class with these sylphs could take turns at entering sylph mode for the big heals and whatever else is needed.

We will see.
              [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
              [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                Mages also seem to forget that the strongest sylph currently in the game is Apollo with MATK damage.
                Mages have the biggest advantage in every PvP instance currently, if they don't bloody take advantage out of this, then they never would have.
                I see a post few pages back saying this is now the era of the knight or archer, don't make me laugh rofl.
                When the Dark Sylph comes out next month, the ground becomes even.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                  To be honest with the new skills introduced I am not so sure krackenker.

With the new skills introduced an Iris will have access to Restoration, Blessed Light and Purification. All that is lacking is Suntoria.

Four physicals of any class with these sylphs could take turns at entering sylph mode for the big heals and whatever else is needed.

We will see.
                  We will :P
                  also I dont think many will be ready to spend balens on getting a pet used for pve when the main usage for sylphs is pvp.... cheaper to just use a mage :P

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                    This makes no sense.

Yes. The Apollo sylph hits a mage significantly less hard than it hits an archer or a knight. However, the sylphs also give the physical classes access to AoE damage and heals which were really the only selling point for the mage class.

In a BG scenario the troops people employ are almost always physical and they get wiped in a heartbeat by the sylphs. Then you have 1v1 between a knight and a mage. Guess who wins.
                    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

This makes no sense.

Yes. The Apollo sylph hits a mage significantly less hard than it hits an archer or a knight. However, the sylphs also give the physical classes access to AoE damage and heals which were really the only selling point for the mage class.

In a BG scenario the troops people employ are almost always physical and they get wiped in a heartbeat by the sylphs. Then you have 1v1 between a knight and a mage. Guess who wins.
                      The one with the higher BR, better astrals, better talents.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by Galvon View Post
                        Hit them in the balls with your staff and run.
                        XD Totally would do that.
                        The Sorceress is Watching

Miriel
                        S265-Frost Summit
                        Mage
                        Level 71

Comment

However, the sylphs also give the physical classes access to AoE damage and heals which were really the only selling point for the mage class.
                          You only focus on the healing skills for iris, sylphs also have archer and knight related skills. Don't generalise just because you're a mage.

Then you have 1v1 between a knight and a mage. Guess who wins.
                          If the knight wins, you're a noob, knight is already the easy target for mages, if you have Apollo for example or Iris, the battle should be even easier.
                          But if that knight has Apollo or Iris (which most do), he will not damage you hard with sylph, even the heal for Iris isn't even close to being as good as a mages heal.
                          If you have Apollo or Iris on you however, you will woop that's knights arse. I really don't understand your logic.
                          Player Class: Archer
                          Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

A knight one versus one isn't an easy target for a mage. The knight wouldn't want to go into Sylph mode for the one on one fight. He would use EDD. Knights have the most powerful single-attack skills in the game.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by draggyy View Post
                              this game shall soon become a family game. I'll pass out my account to the future genetarions so they can upgrade a purple into an orange one. I don't think that the orange one requires more than 20 years of mahra but even so i am not worried, if my child can't make it, my grandchild certanly will
                              :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d
                              let me cart. find someone else to help you suicide

Comment

One on one, it's fair game.
                                [No longer logging in]

Comment

Working...
                                X