Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amethyst reset to ZERO (but not for all??!?!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can man Plunder people of Amsty into S1 and gain Amsty when in S100 when you plunder soembody them lose 15 amsty but man dont gain any amsty its lool at the bug.
    Character - Taggen
    Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
    Class - Archer
    Battle Rating -2.4M BR
    Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
    Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Originally posted by xnovaflarex View Post
      Ahh possible then yep

Regardless as another poster said it isnt fair for other servers with exception of s1 that is the test server to get the month head start. The testers deserve it cause of the bugs they are gona get slamed with. Some of which could cause them to loose stuff from their chars. But other nope should not get bonuses before other servers.
      Why should s1 get a head start? Just because they are a test server means nothing. They win every class war because of the extra head start. Not fair at all.

Comment

Originally posted by daftone11 View Post
        Why should s1 get a head start? Just because they are a test server means nothing. They win every class war because of the extra head start. Not fair at all.

Sigh ... the only head start S1 had is the fact that it is S1 ... heh ... 1 as the first one ... as when there was none other and no choice when some people started playing and, surprise, some of these people still play ... as maybe 18 months playing gets you a little more advantage than 2 months playing lol
        If you find that "unfair" ... well good luck in real life!

Plus ...
        you haven't look at the cross server ranking by strength ... no i don't think so
        you haven't look at the class war results for knight and mage ... no i don't think so

As i said ... sigh
        ValKitteh - S1
        "The Town Hall is outside"

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
          So for you it's fair they get a compensation for something they shouldn't have gotten in the first place? My question is why do they get it, and we get nothing at all?
          It really doesn't matter if they worked for it, we never had the chance. How is that fair in any way to anyone outside those servers?
          Seems you fail to get my point. This so called "bug" could've happened to any servers. You're just unlucky that your server didn't get it. Its the same thing with me not being able to get ancient rune pack in mystery shop regardless of sinking so much balens to reset it. Just because ur unlucky doesn't mean everyone has to stop playing it to get ahead. You don't see other noobs refusing to buy ancient rune pack if they had the balens n it appeared in their mystery shop cause i didn't get it. So why should this be any different? The compensation for us is for the effort we spent due to their mishandling of stuff. You didn't suffer from it so why should you get compensated? The world doesn't revolve around you so if you have nothing helpful to contribute just take ur senseless trolling elsewhere.
          IGN: Athena
          Guild: Warriors
          Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
          Class: Archer
          Difficulty Level: Noob
          BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
            Seems you fail to get my point. This so called "bug" could've happened to any servers. You're just unlucky that your server didn't get it. Its the same thing with me not being able to get ancient rune pack in mystery shop regardless of sinking so much balens to reset it. Just because ur unlucky doesn't mean everyone has to stop playing it to get ahead. You don't see other noobs refusing to buy ancient rune pack if they had the balens n it appeared in their mystery shop cause i didn't get it. So why should this be any different? The compensation for us is for the effort we spent due to their mishandling of stuff. You didn't suffer from it so why should you get compensated? The world doesn't revolve around you so if you have nothing helpful to contribute just take ur senseless trolling elsewhere.
            Wth has paying for stuff got to do with all of this? NO SENSE WHATSOEVER IN YOUR POST, just saying...
            This is about a buggy implementation and the compensation for it, nothing else, don't drag extra **** into the discussion.
            Player Class: Archer
            Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by R22964223 View Post
              Sigh ... the only head start S1 had is the fact that it is S1 ... heh ... 1 as the first one ... as when there was none other and no choice when some people started playing and, surprise, some of these people still play ... as maybe 18 months playing gets you a little more advantage than 2 months playing lol
              If you find that "unfair" ... well good luck in real life!

Plus ...
              you haven't look at the cross server ranking by strength ... no i don't think so
              you haven't look at the class war results for knight and mage ... no i don't think so

As i said ... sigh
              That doesn't make sense nor explain why they should have a month of access to the newer content. Imagine if you were doing class wars (or BG) and they had a month to build up their apollos while sylphs weren't released yet on yours? This is a HUGE advantage for S1.

As far as I'm concern, the knowledge of how things work ahead of time and a month's practice is a big enough advantage. Everyone's amethyst should've reset to 0 when the mines were officially released.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris419 View Post
                That doesn't make sense nor explain why they should have a month of access to the newer content. Imagine if you were doing class wars (or BG) and they had a month to build up their apollos while sylphs weren't released yet on yours? This is a HUGE advantage for S1.

As far as I'm concern, the knowledge of how things work ahead of time and a month's practice is a big enough advantage. Everyone's amethyst should've reset to 0 when the mines were officially released.
                We never had a month, was a week at best, and we had no apollos, they were released en-masse when patch rolled out to all, and considering apollo the best pet so far we nt really have a great advantage.

The difference here was that the amethyst mine on s5 was a bug, not an intended beta, and they did have a month...
                Blizzarea
                S147
                Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                  We never had a month, was a week at best, and we had no apollos, they were released en-masse when patch rolled out to all, and considering apollo the best pet so far we nt really have a great advantage.

The difference here was that the amethyst mine on s5 was a bug, not an intended beta, and they did have a month...
                  It's still a big advantage. Like before, if you had apollo for a week and you're fighting people who doesn't have it on their servers yet, you have an advantage. A month's worth of early access to the mine is also an advantage. The correct action would be to zero out everyone amethyst who had early access or give compensation to everyone who didn't have early access.

Giving people compensation for going back to the same starting point as everyone else is the wrong thing to do!

Comment

It's still a big advantage. Like before, if you had apollo for a week and you're fighting people who doesn't have it on their servers yet, you have an advantage. A month's worth of early access to the mine is also an advantage. The correct action would be to zero out everyone amethyst who had early access or give compensation to everyone who didn't have early access.

Giving people compensation for going back to the same starting point as everyone else is the wrong thing to do!
                    You're totally wrong, when S1 is in beta mode we only encounter servers who have the patch from Kabam and Wartune etc.

It actually makes arena and BG a nightmare

We have BGs where it is 1 vs 1

and due to the low number of ppl matching in arena goes horrible and lvl 80s meet lvl 50s, so not much of an advantage at all ^^
                    Blizzarea
                    S147
                    Epic

Comment

You are confusing 2 different things:
                      1) Official tests on S1 server which last maximum 1 week and is thrown at us without any information/knowledge so our mistakes/trial and error are helping all other servers when the patch is widely release (hence giving prior knowledge to all other server ... but us!). For that, there is no compensation if we do a mistake or if there is a bug in the new feature, no refund nothing ... and we didn't get Apollo during that time lol

2) A bug which lasted 1 month on S5, it was not a beta feature, it was not a testing feature... it was a bug!. When part 1 of the patch was loaded they must have forgot to delete the amethyst mine from a few servers! Nothing official ... nada ... almost everyone on S5 and co must have known or at least suspected that it was weird, still, they harvest for a month and now are compensated by quite a bag of goodies.

As PP mentioned, during the days of testing S1 is separated from the cross servers so battleground and arena are done only with patched servers. Believe me, it's not funny!. Just try to do a 2 kills in BG quest when it's a 1/1 room ... or even a 1/0 room as i had once! ... and i don't even talk about arena lol.
                      As far as i know S5 was never separated from the other european servers
                      Last edited by R22964223; 12-07-2013, 10:08 AM.
                      ValKitteh - S1

Comment

I find it funny how people ae whining for not being compensated for exploiting bugs that shouldn't have been in the first place. In all mmos you will get perma banned for exploiting bugs. You should be happy that R2 decided to compensate your exploits to the game. Not whine bc you lost your stuff that shouldn't have been there in the first place. That being said it seems R2 doesn't care about people exploiting anything in this game. They actually promote it by compensating these type of things it seems. Therefore, we should all exploit the game as much as possible so we can get compensation for it.

Comment

Originally posted by R22964223 View Post
                          You are confusing 2 different things:
                          1) Official tests on S1 server which last maximum 1 week and is thrown at us without any information/knowledge so our mistakes/trial and error are helping all other servers when the patch is widely release (hence giving prior knowledge to all other server ... but us!). For that, there is no compensation if we do a mistake or if there is a bug in the new feature, no refund nothing ... and we didn't get Apollo during that time lol

2) A bug which lasted 1 month on S5, it was not a beta feature, it was not a testing feature... it was a bug!. When part 1 of the patch was loaded they must have forgot to delete the amethyst mine from a few servers! Nothing official ... nada ... almost everyone on S5 and co must have known or at least suspected that it was weird, still, they harvest for a month and now are compensated by quite a bag of goodies.

As PP mentioned, during the days of testing S1 is separated from the cross servers so battleground and arena are done only with patched servers. Believe me, it's not funny!. Just try to do a 2 kills in BG quest when it's a 1/1 room ... or even a 1/0 room as i had once! ... and i don't even talk about arena lol.
                          As far as i know S5 was never separated from the other european servers
                          Lack of information doesn't matter. It takes 1 day to learn the system, 2 max. And then you just keep up with any changes based on other people's experiences. I didn't read anything about amethyst mine and by the end of the first day, I know everything about it. It's not that hard to figure out. That 6 days of pure mining advantage if you get the mine a week early.

Even if you have a poor rotation on WB, getting a week's worth of extra WB means more gold and daru than those who didn't get the extra week. It doesn't matter if the other servers now know of proper rotations for WB. An extra week with the mine gives you more amethyst than those who didn't get that extra week. Even if they learned everything about the mine beforehand.

If all gains from the extra week is removed when they're part of the rest of the servers in arena and bg, then it'll be okay.

Comment

Lack of information doesn't matter. It takes 1 day to learn the system, 2 max. And then you just keep up with any changes based on other people's experiences. I didn't read anything about amethyst mine and by the end of the first day, I know everything about it. It's not that hard to figure out. That 6 days of pure mining advantage if you get the mine a week early.

Even if you have a poor rotation on WB, getting a week's worth of extra WB means more gold and daru than those who didn't get the extra week. It doesn't matter if the other servers now know of proper rotations for WB. An extra week with the mine gives you more amethyst than those who didn't get that extra week. Even if they learned everything about the mine beforehand.

If all gains from the extra week is removed when they're part of the rest of the servers in arena and bg, then it'll be okay.
                            We had 3 days of mine before it rolled out, jus sayin'
                            Blizzarea
                            S147
                            Epic

Comment

I think you have poor information lol ... and are so determined to do not see what PP and me are saying that's bordeline funny

S1 got the mines on the Tuesday, the other servers on the Thursday (or Friday) ... that is hardly 6 days!

And ... because you are talking about it ... let's talk about WB for a minute. When 2.0 was implemented and Bloodfand was sadly axed, S1 had the patch for 1 week before any other server. Which means that all the other server were having the possibility of gold and daru from him while we were not! and that for a week.
                              When Bloodfang was reintroduced, it was not reintroduced a week before on S1 but in all servers at once ... so it doesn't take a genius to see that overall, all the server had 1 week more of Bloodfang than S1.
                              Did you see a thread from anyone from S1 asking for compensation for that loss ?
                              ValKitteh - S1

Comment

Working...
                              X