Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Please, for the love of God, add level brackets to the Amethyst Mines.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add brackets, or dryad blessing, or both. There would be less reason to abuse dryads than in BG because after a dryadbomber wins and takes amethyst he instantly becomes a fat and easy target.

I have tried the following tactic in today's amethyst prime time: went in, took empty cart and started to make routes between collection and dump points. At first the high level bullies kept attacking me. I healed in combat when I could (as soon as I was back from stun that is), thereby wasting more of their time. In parallel I kept commenting on mine and their actions in current channel. I was saying that they will get nothing from me and that I'm there specifically to waste their time and to try and make their practice meaningless. And it seemed to have worked: they stopped attacking me. I also warned them that next time I will repeat the same, and that it's no longer about 2x bonus for me (which I didn't have time to get anyway), but about principle.
    Izverg / Archer / 80er, light casher / Armor-S5 / Winterfell (Assistant), formerly Erebos (Leader)
    Izverg / Mage / extreme slowleveler, non-casher / R2-S5 / VaeVictis (Assistant)

Comment

Dryads still acceptable, strong low levels can win close, especially with sylph help.
      Putting brackets only make GR as boring as BG.

More brackets = more bullies, each bracket has at least one.
      one bracket = few bullies, only the really top players in top of food chain.

Player limits can be put without levels, think like BG there's 15 vs 15,
      just make GR limit 30 player per instances for example.
      [morfinnor]
      Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Maybe also make dryads twice as strong in prime time.

PS. I repeated it today. The same players attacked me as yesterday, though not as often. This time they used stun more, so as to prevent me from healing. What's good is that at least one bullied player said publicly that he is following the same tactic from now on. And when I expressed my position in world chat afterwards (that I will continue doing so), the response was some displeasure from the side of bullies and some support from the other side.

Since I have Power of Healing on, I am in a nice position for this. A knight may suit better for wasting opponent's time while being stunned, though.
        Last edited by R229649854; 12-07-2013, 04:39 PM.
        Izverg / Archer / 80er, light casher / Armor-S5 / Winterfell (Assistant), formerly Erebos (Leader)

Comment

Just add a protection after attacks, when someone plunder your city you gain a 2h city protection, add here a 10 secs protection so you can only be stealed 1 time each cart. And ffs add guild name on players, i'm tired of get plunder from my own guild mates >.>

Comment

Cacuga, that may work too. And I agree that we need to see guild names. Maybe even make guild players unattackable, like castles in the wilds.

For the time being, here's another idea. Instead of running with near empty cart trying to attract bullies, go active by implementing the following Amethyst Police Protocol (version 0.1 alpha, not peer reviewed):

Amethyst Police Protocol is the language of a loose peer to peer network of cartless players present in the amethyst mine in prime time, and connected with simple chat broadcasts in current channel. It should only take 2 players to make turns keeping a bully occupied with combat. The bully is slow from his ill gotten amethyst, any cartless player should have no problem intercepting him, except for lag.

Suggested protocol commands and responses:

1. Targeting.

1.1. target %playername%. Command issued when a bully is observed, including informal complaints by carting players not involved with the self assigned police.

1.2. me %playername%. The response to target command from an idle amethyst police unit, to occupy an engagement slot for %playername%. First 2 "me" responses end the target clause for the bully specified. The repetition of player name in me response is to add asynchrony capacity to the protocol. This should allow to handle more simultaneous bullies.

2. Unit and unit status discovery.

2.1. report [%playername%]. Without player name, this command is a broadcast to list all units and their states. This also serves to identify the police units to each other and to carting players. With player name, the command addresses the specified unit.

2.2. idle. Response to the report command that tells the unit is free to engage a bully.

2.3. on %playername%. Response to the report command that tells the unit is engaged vs. bully called %playername%.
            Last edited by R229649854; 12-09-2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Police Control idea quite good. Has given me an idea to send my alt in at same time to attack anyone trying to get my cart, thus saving my amy. I can then return favor to my alt.

Comment

im totally agreed, amethyst mines adv. must be lvl/br related with limited players to participate at the time.

Comment

Lol level brackets. just get high br from the guild you are in to run interference. not that hard
                  "You're the darkest burning star, You're my perfect disease"

Comment

wondering if they ABLE to make guildies restriction, for this nottooworth event(after converted items reward), so there nomore rage on guild chat every double time come, good job,just sayin
                    -West Coast S115

Comment

Originally posted by DrigenDragon View Post
                      Lol level brackets. just get high br from the guild you are in to run interference. not that hard
                      When the people bullying is the top br on the server even having your top lvl there doesn't really help lol

Comment

add dryad bombing in amethyst mines. player gets attacked more than 5x gets to steal 75% of the next attacker's amethyst gain.

OR

if it sounds too bloody ridiculous and a 'no-no-can't-do', then at least make it a point that nobody camps near the dumping NPC's section. like 'stay there for more than 5mins and camper gets booted" kind of thing.

this may just be read off and doesn't catch any attention but wut the heck. xD
                        ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

Just face it they will never add level brackets, even in chinese wartune they did not add the brackets and it is sometimes a pain since some guilds make Amethyst Mine a place for 24-hour guild battles not allowing anyone to even get Amethyst (This happened for a week on 7road servers 1,4,8, and 9)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCali View Post
                            Just face it they will never add level brackets, even in chinese wartune they did not add the brackets and it is sometimes a pain since some guilds make Amethyst Mine a place for 24-hour guild battles not allowing anyone to even get Amethyst (This happened for a week on 7road servers 1,4,8, and 9)
                            24hr guild battles huh. that would be so much fun.
                            ooo naww, you didn't. you gotta be trollin' me o_O

Comment

Working...
                            X