Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

8th Astral for Class Wars (Knight)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8th Astral for Class Wars (Knight)

Hi. Suppose that you have a lvl 80 Knight, what astrals you would use in 8th position?
    You have the 7 astrals already placed for Class Wars:

1. Holy Force (PATK)
    2. Enhanced Will Destroyer (ATK)
    3. Refined Goddess Blessing (DEF)
    5. Holy Fortitude (PDEF)
    4. Holy Enshieldment (Block)
    6. Holly Brilliance (HP)
    7. Enhanced Deflection (Reflect Damage)
    8. ?
    Enhanced Illusion (Reduce damage to 1)
    50.00%
    Refined Blessed Health (Chance to gain HP when attacking)
    5.56%
    Refined Ruthlesness (Expands floating damage)
    22.22%
    Enhanced Regeneration (Chance to regain HP equivalent to damage dealt)
    0.00%
    Enhanced Guardian Angel (Reduce chance of receiving critical hit)
    22.22%

The poll is expired.

why no mdef? there are matk sylphs in the game and my guess is that apollo shall destroy knights without mdef

Comment

Illusion
      <><

Comment

You for real still dont have Holy Willpower(MDEF) astral oO what kind of knight u are?

Comment

Mdef... It should be your 4th or 5th astral.

Comment

Oh, you are right! I completely forgot myself about Sylphs!

Comment

MDEF sounds safe and boring. I know, it's a very good choice, but...

I'd take Illusion.

I'd still need to find out the true formula for deflection (both the astral and the knight block ability). I know that when it triggers when Illusioned it still reflects full damage, but does MDEF reduce damage reflected? I know this is not the point of the discussion, but it might clarify this choice for me and many others. Why do I think MDEF reduces that reflected damage? Well, simply because of the world boss. When he deals damage to my troops (or when he dealt damage to me on lower levels) he dealt 4k+. I remember him dealing even 10k+. Now he deals under 2k. The reflect is still weak - about 2k, so I have reason to believe that defenses affect that damage (and no matter how strong the Goddess Blessing is, even with talents it can't reduce damage over 80%). However, reflected damage in everyday use is still somehow incredibly high compared to damage taken. I think this is because defenses are applied like this: MDEF/PDEF > Deflection > % damage reduction. Meaning - the lower your MDEF is, the more your deflect will deal, but it's risky. To reduce this risk a bit, use Illusion.
              TL, DR: Max out % damage reduction, don't worry that much about MDEF/PDEF, get Illusion.

Comment

Holy Willpower it is.

I doubt MDEF reduce the amount of damage it reflects.
                Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                [No longer logging in]

Comment

I am always replacing MDEF astral with Enhanced Illusion

Comment

Originally posted by WickedSilk View Post
                    MDEF sounds safe and boring. I know, it's a very good choice, but...

I'd take Illusion.

I'd still need to find out the true formula for deflection (both the astral and the knight block ability). I know that when it triggers when Illusioned it still reflects full damage, but does MDEF reduce damage reflected? I know this is not the point of the discussion, but it might clarify this choice for me and many others. Why do I think MDEF reduces that reflected damage? Well, simply because of the world boss. When he deals damage to my troops (or when he dealt damage to me on lower levels) he dealt 4k+. I remember him dealing even 10k+. Now he deals under 2k. The reflect is still weak - about 2k, so I have reason to believe that defenses affect that damage (and no matter how strong the Goddess Blessing is, even with talents it can't reduce damage over 80%). However, reflected damage in everyday use is still somehow incredibly high compared to damage taken. I think this is because defenses are applied like this: MDEF/PDEF > Deflection > % damage reduction. Meaning - the lower your MDEF is, the more your deflect will deal, but it's risky. To reduce this risk a bit, use Illusion.
                    TL, DR: Max out % damage reduction, don't worry that much about MDEF/PDEF, get Illusion.
                    like you said/thought, having more mdef does reduce the ammount of damage your deflection astral deals (if you're hit by matk). However, lowering your own defenses so that your deflection is better (if it triggers) doesn't seem like a good choice to me..

Comment

I agree. MDEF is statistically probably better against Apollos and Irises. Illusion is just more fun (chaotic, risky, but also rewarding at times) and what I wanted to show was that it too can offer some often overlooked bonuses.

There is another theory that I've been developing for a while now. Since Knights get 20% to PDEF and 15% to PATK it's likely that they will have more PDEF at higher levels. If I'm right, for opponents to deal minimal damage to you, your PDEF needs to be 80% of their PATK (+ penetration bonuses, such as from the pve set and the brutal edge) so replacing PDEF could actually help (this is based on the 10% minimal damage rule and the rule that you deal (ATK-DEF)/2 damage). Even though I've been thinking about this for a long time now, it's hard to test it since I'm an archer and the PATK-PDEF difference is always huge.

Comment

Working...
                      X