R.I.P. Gold (Amethyst - there is a difference you know?) Mines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
    I dun get this rationale, a player with 40k BR sposed to end with same rewards as said 110k BR knight?
    Perhaps not. Perhaps there should be different rewards depending on what mine you enter. Or perhaps we don't need to add to the enormous power gulf anymore than we already do. I don't know.

However I stand by my point that the system is making people very frustrated for a very good reason and it needs to be changed to at least create the illusion of a level playing field.

If we are really to keep this bizarre system (which was abandoned in Battleground before I even started the game) then at least limit the plunders to one attack on each player per person. Do this for all players (which means that the lowly knight that ties up your time because of a silly vendetta can only attack you one time too) and you'd at least solve part of the problem.
    Last edited by MolochMage; 12-12-2013, 01:03 PM. Reason: Added content
    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
    [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

I dun get this rationale, a player with 40k BR sposed to end with same rewards as said 110k BR knight?
      Why not? What makes the 110k Br knight more worthy of a reward than the 40k br player?

BUT, and this is a big BUT. I have absolutely no problem with people attacking other's at all. Just don't let it become so easy to bully others that it becomes the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
        Perhaps not. Perhaps there should be different rewards depending on what mine you enter. Or perhaps we don't need to add to the enormous power gulf anymore than we already do. I don't know.

However I stand by my point that the system is making people very frustrated for a very good reason and it needs to be changed to at least create the illusion of a level playing field.
        Yeah that would be nice, we can agree on that, but remembering how long we all had to beg for a bracketed BG I dun expect it any time soon, I'm jus suggesting in the meantime those lower level players dun enter double reward time with unrealistic expectations.

Hell, I carted for months in the 40+ BG, not daring to rank too quick cos we had some evil killers in there, I joined in many of the pleas for split BGs, even after I passed lvl 60, and it wouldn't even help me so much...
        Blizzarea
        S147
        Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
          Why not? What makes the 110k Br knight more worthy of a reward than the 40k br player?

BUT, and this is a big BUT. I have absolutely no problem with people attacking other's at all. Just don't let it become so easy to bully others that it becomes the norm.
          Because they have either played longer or cashed harder, or both, and therefore can reasonably expect top rewards, it has nothing to do with their value as a person, jus they are weaker than the median, therefore shd expect less rewards.
          Blizzarea
          S147
          Epic

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
            Onimad isn't part of the reason the Gold Rush event sucks. The entire system is the reason Gold Rush sucks.

Any event where level 40 players can be attacked by level 80 players and the level 80 players stand to benefit from it, they WILL be attacked.
            Then you get in a guild where they dont attack each other or do so only rarely on accident. Then you have some high lvl guildes act as body guards / blockers so you can get your carts in then you take your turn as blocker to block for yet lower lvl guildies. No cart but you can still attack those who are targeting your guild mates.

Comment

Because they have either played longer or cashed harder, or both, and therefore can reasonably expect top rewards, it has nothing to do with their value as a person, jus they are weaker than the median, therefore shd expect less rewards.
              That's some good logic there. If they have played longer and cashed harder then they already have the benefit's from doing so.

It is impossible for them to have been playing Gold Rush any longer than the lower BR player as it was only introduced in the recent patch. What would happen if that 40k BR player has spent more $$$ and played a greater amount of time SINCE that patch was implemented?

Therefore the higher BR player has spent less, and played less since the patch but still gets more rewards.

Edit:- this is the problem with high br/high cashers. They pay for something and get an advantage by doing so, then they expect to gain better rewards on top of that compared to everyone else.
              Last edited by Billy_McF; 12-12-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
                That's some good logic there. If they have played longer and cashed harder then they already have the benefit's from doing so.

It is impossible for them to have been playing Gold Rush any longer than the lower BR player as it was only introduced in the recent patch. What would happen if that 40k BR player has spent more $$$ and played a greater amount of time SINCE that patch was implemented?

Therefore the higher BR player has spent less, and played less since the patch but still gets more rewards.

Edit:- this is the problem with high br/high cashers. They pay for something and get an advantage by doing so, then they expect to gain better rewards on top of that compared to everyone else.
                If cashing didn't have these rewards R2 would find they had a very poor business model ^^
                Blizzarea
                S147
                Epic

Comment

If cashing didn't have these rewards R2 would find they had a very poor business model ^^
                  R2 already has a poor business model. Or do you think that R2 will be able to sustain it's current income into the next 5yrs?

The game is on it's final act. New players are not joining because they can't compete even when spending moderate amounts of cash, the new servers are dying quicker than ever partly due to how rewards are awarded.
                  Ie older servers/players have an advantage over them in every aspect of the game, and then they also get more advantages from rewards only because they are older/higher BR, which increases the gap even further.

Anyway Punk, were straying off topic. I like nothing better than a good discussion with both sides using heated arguments to back up their standpoint, but at the end of the day it makes no difference what we think or do, nothing will change.
                  You have your opinion of how rewards should be given, I have mine and neither is wrong so it's about time to wind this one up I think. Thank you, I enjoyed our little to and fro

Edit:- Should have said Wartune, not R2 has a poor business model, as I am pretty sure R2 will just launch another game with the same strategy and make vast amounts of money.
                  Last edited by Billy_McF; 12-12-2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

If cashing didn't have these rewards, R2 would have a more sustainable business model and can keep people on their servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Muxa_Mage View Post
                      Now this was great for a laugh!!! Made my day! Most, including myself, just go in and cart but you and your crew have stations setup along the way to farm everyone (multiple times)...not like we have a chance against 150k+ BR anyway.

Maybe you forget the past 5-6 weeks, you're brain dead, someone plays your account, or you just trying to get some sympathy...it is always about you and the attention you can get.
                      LOL sympathy? u were the one whining here lol .. it's your fault and making it look like r2 fault.
                      O.o amethyst only open less than 5 weeks. and u already said past 5-6 weeks.
                      if u want to say 5-6 weeks than send ticket to r2 for deleting your amethyst LOL
                      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

since both of u oni and muxa are laughing i think this thread should be closed.. they are happy with each other why make this nonsense thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyekaputra View Post
                          since both of u oni and muxa are laughing i think this thread should be closed.. they are happy with each other why make this nonsense thread.
                          This is winning forum post ^^

For the record I just was only commenting on how quickly this new event died...I think it's a record.

(oni's last comment doesn't even make sense...further proof it's his world we just get to live in it)

Comment

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
                            Let me open by saying that I think an event that lets the power players mingle with the noobs is just asking for disaster, and we see it every day in Gold Rush. The big fish *will* eat the smaller fish. Some might have a set of personal rules they operate by, such as: only 1 plunder per person, don't plunder guildies, don't plunder people they're friendly with. Some might not have such a code.

HOWEVER, to those who really feel victimized, you do have a certain sort of power to retaliate. Kamikaze. Sure, it'll chew up your HP and troop reserves and yeah, all you're really accomplishing is wasting their time by dying on them repeatedly.

BUT....you are saving others like you from getting hit by tying them up in fights, and you get the satisfaction of feeling like you're making them as unhappy as they made you (this is the Internet, after all, where we all like to continue the vicious cycle).

So...you might be a victim...but you can also be someone's hero if you martyr yourself for your beliefs. Or...you can just be a victim and complain here and in All chat.
                            would be nice if everyone had that code, but unfortunately it seems like the heaviest few cashers don't have it as I see them attacking the same ppl non stop until they get 0 amethyst. Then they go ahead and blame others for plundering them when they strip to "help" in TOK NM even though they plundered the very same ppl earlier. So their trick is to help others in TOK NM and plunder their castles daily and make them get very little amethyst in gold rush. Wish R2 will sit down with 7Roads to implement something to stop this senseless bullying like increasing the invul time after someone died to 1 min.
                            IGN: Athena
                            Guild: Warriors
                            Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                            Class: Archer
                            Difficulty Level: Noob
                            BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Working...
                            X