Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An open letter to Wartune about PvP balance and Sylphs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sylphs lvl 55+ hve a passive ability that makes them awaken 10x faster, so no, it won't be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
      It's called HS .
      i mean skill they still rage with.
      Sarcasm Intended

Comment

Originally posted by R29296591 View Post
        i mean skill they still rage with.
        I honestly think because it's not helpfull in pve, it wont be in the sylphs their skillset.
        Outside from ToK then I guess.
        Player Class: Archer
        Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

I honestly think because it's not helpfull in pve, it wont be in the sylphs their skillset.
          Outside from ToK then I guess.
          yeah i think so...quite stunning in arenas however. esp if archer is tanking.
          Sarcasm Intended

Comment

I can see the OP's point that Iris, does have some very nice 'atypical mage' capabilities and she does to an extent relinquish the necessity to have a mage.

However:

There is nothing stopping a mage also taking Iris. (OMG ALL TEH HEALZ!)

And we're also at the very beginning of the Sylph integration, so there is a lot more content to come yet.

I hope that once they've released the majority of the Sylphs and the game settles down a bit that things will be more balanced.

OP: Nothing in this game is gonna move fast unless it dents the devs income.

While I agree that Iris does a pretty good partial mage job, I think the actual task/necessity of a mage isn't really under threat.

Take runes as another example.

We have a heal rune. It heals yourself for a % of your total HP. That to an extent removes the pressure off the mage to keep the party healed. The rune is also free to use.

The main difference I see, is that the mage can heal, continuously pretty much with a PvE set.

The Sylph pet has maybe 2 or 3 heals and then runs out due to timers and awakening points.
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
            Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
            Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by R29296591 View Post
              accoring to fourms :
              water sylph = mage skills
              electric sylph = archer skill
              now if there is a knight skill replacement i would love to use intercept.
              there stronger version of ultimateslasher are owned by pan, another version of knight pasves that giving more value when it healed are on apollo,
              -West Coast S115

Comment

yea in bg I just witnessed archer from almost none hp heal himself full 90k crit heal...so when I looked to him he was 10k br less than me so I attacked again maybe he had dryad nah he healed again plus used rain dance on full hp just to show me how im lame..and than get back at normal form and delph me.

Im 101k br mage server 163

Comment

if a sylph with archer skills come out, im definitely getting it ;x

Comment

To the OP, in support of your stance and my statistical reasoning why I agree:
                    • Archers have an innate 20% Passive Crit Bonus - Making them Superior Healers. A Mage who converts everything to get to 5500 Crit with the occasional Crit-Heal is paralleled by an Archer with 7000+ Crit who Crit-Heals more than half the time.
                    • Knights have an innate 20% Self-Healing Buff. They are superior Healers w/ Iris in all PvP Situations. The Max Passive Heal Boost a Mage gets is 8%
                    • The Iris Warm Spring (Resto) is actually 10% more healing than Resto, and a Passive adds the DR. It requires a Mage dump talents to make Resto heal a higher % Than Warm Spring, but also increases it's cooldown to 33% more than what Iris Warm Spring is.
                    • The Iris' Rain Dance awakens with no Cooldown and isn't an extended casting time. Meaning Awaken + Rain Dance takes the same time as a BL.

The way to properly balance this would be:
                    • Allow EWD to Affect Healing - since a Mage can never be as good a crit healer. This gives better consistency, if not a better average heal over time.
                    • Increase the Passive 4% / 8% Skill in the Mage tree to something around 25% / 50%. That would make them better Healers through either EWD or Crit Builds.

Regarding future Sylphs... The Lightning one is essentially a MAtk Archer. 225% Damage + Slow. 200% AoE + Stun. 350%+ Delphic + Stun. Give DF 2x the Damage, Give AP a chance to Stun and make Delphic Sniper Stun. There's your Lightning Sylph. Enjoy!

Archers are gonna be furious.

The thing is, when all is said and done, it's the Knight that comes out smelling like a rose. In PvP they get insane Heals. In PvE they get Heals or Archer Damage / Slow / Stun. In WB the Lightning Sylph will literally get you 50% more Gold/Daru than your best series of attack without Pet can. In Necro, you get that Awaken ready to go from the start and get a free 3-round slow. Add that to a Mire Rune (which we should see next patch) and they can chain slow just like Archers.

Comment

its good that i cant see future
                      Sarcasm Intended

Comment

lol mages are whining...as long as you can do 100 aoe per fight you'll be fine...and anyways you are supposed to be slaughtered by archers,otherwise the game wouldnt be fair coz you beat knights so easy
                        Server: Kabam 17
                        Player name: Dwarf
                        Player level: 80
                        Player class: Knight
                        Honor title: Imperial Mythic Something
                        Battle rating: 615k
                        Guild name: LoonyToons

Comment

Originally posted by koetsu View Post
                          the only real imbalance is the sylph awakaning rate - x1000%
                          Originally posted by koetsu View Post
                          'working as intended' xD
                          Any proof? That's just insinuating you do now.
                          erm, look at the buff, and at what level it should expire?
                          I'm playing the same game via another provider ( won't mention where ) and Sylphs aka guardians aren't nearly as dominant there as here - simply because it takes AGES until you gather enough points to awaken them

I could insinuate why this would be beneficial to R2 to have everyone all over Sylph upgrading, but any thinking person can figure that him or herself :P

Comment

Originally posted by danotz View Post
                            lol mages are whining...as long as you can do 100 aoe per fight you'll be fine...and anyways you are supposed to be slaughtered by archers,otherwise the game wouldnt be fair coz you beat knights so easy
                            What 100 AOE per fight you talking about?! And yeah getting beaten by archers 10k++ br below a mage is alright. XD
                            Wartune = Sylph Tune.

Comment

In wartune II, Iris will not have an OP skill that consume rage, and each point of rage = -1% of enemy's HP. Mages will have this. So, just wait some months... or years... xD

Comment

I can take down each mage with IRIS with my pan and sometimes mages with Apollo also.
                                Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Working...
                                X