who miss the old wartune?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who miss the old wartune?

where almost equal to baleners and free players? where players enjoy the game not compeating on the game... was really fun on the old days of wartune right?
    to much pride will kill u!!
    taste the blade of my sword!!

ehm ... the br gap was definitely smaller but there was no way in beating someone 10k br higher than you; as we can now.
    Have to admit though I miss those days abit ...
    ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
    Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
    My pathetic youtube channel
    -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

Yeh it was more fun, when you saw someone with 100k+ (aka zebq) it was WOOOOOW, now they can have 200k, we'll just go 'good job', but that's it.
      The thrill of seeing high numbers is gone, it's not the same.
      Player Class: Archer
      Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

I miss the game being FUN instead of a grind.
        Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Yeah, I miss it too:

1. When I would just stay at level 39 for almost eternity, since when you step to 40, you'll fight all other level 41+ in your server (no cross server)..
          2. You'd be popular in 3v3 arena in your server, since the 3v3 is not yet cross server yet..
          3. The first mpd attempt was 5, then it was reduced to 3... You do dungeons most of the time. lol
          4. There were no 55 set and templars and warlocks... Basically, the higher levels only equipped 45 set, and we would "backstab" those who get legend 40 set (no people have gotten the legend 50 set there)
          5. 3 world bosses!!!

Comment

Back then when you bought something with cash, it was important, nowdays you basically need to cash to get ANYWHERE.
            Most important thing used to be socketing rods, good old days. Now it's all Mahra, and Sepulcrum and Fate, and this and that.
            Having cashed used to be something, now unless you cash heavy, you won't get anywhere really.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

I miss the old "fun" Wartune... not the present "grind" Wartune
              Last edited by AkiraAgnar; 04-04-2014, 12:19 PM.

Comment

wow so many people miss the old days of wartune thank u for all your comment guys ^^
                to much pride will kill u!!
                taste the blade of my sword!!

Comment

i am too miss the old wartune. The old ones without lag. No sylph and 3 WB per day.
                  AeonFlux
                  Mage
                  S3 Worg Lair Europe
                  OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by AeonS3 View Post
                    i am too miss the old wartune. The old ones without lag. No sylph and 3 WB per day.
                    That's a recent change lol, I miss dreading doing 3 mpds daily, or the time where a mount actually mattered. Now it's a little extra.
                    All that time spending, and working for so many things that are now reduced to minorities due to newer patches making many things quite obsolete compared to the past.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

it's the evolution of free 2 play games.

Starts of where free players actually can enjoy the game, ends up where you basicly HAVE to cash to keep up.

I'm just sad about the new players... that gonna hit a fat wall of "please cash here"

Still, this game is not yet unplayeble for a free player, unless they go more in the wrong direction

Comment

Simpler times...but now the pressure to cash is ridiculous. And you can't just cash a little anymore (VIP/Spirit). You have to CASH. You have to buy that 200/boxes a day during an event. You have to open your colorful decors. You have to buy those mahra packs. Sepulcrum packs. Apollo sylphs. Don't have clothes? You need them. You have clothes? Are they level 5 "special clothing"? No? Then you're a peasant. Don't have wings? Get them. You have wings? Yeah, but they're not FLAMING DRAGON WINGS! 1 star white sylph? Pffft, 3 star blue minimum or go home.

EDIT: All that being said, it is entirely possible to resist the pressure to spend. It's just getting harder and harder with every patch to not spend, or to not spend excessively.

Remember, when you're no longer having fun, it's time to stop. And if the fun you're having isn't worth the money you're spending to have it, it's time to stop. I'm from the S207-210-222 cluster and we're dying. No real influx of new players, and the top players/casher players are burning out and starting to drop.
                        Last edited by bshallc2010; 12-12-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Amen to that!!!!

Comment

One thing i greatly miss is the non gambling for event items such as turkey slices, cloud pieces, etc. Where you were gaurenteed to get one for each box you bought.

Comment

The game been out for a year only. It's a bit too early to start with the nostalgia threads isn't it? Maybe wait another year before starting these kind of threads lol. Also the "old" wartune was always competitive game that revolved around high p2w aspect. BG brackets were it was divided into two groups only which was high p2w game. High competition always existed. People getting there 50 leg sets were all hard cashers. Arena was the same more or less. I really do not see the different from now and then. It's a tad more expensive than when it came out but it really hasn't changed as much. Low to non cashers still had a major disadvantage. Especially since getting crypt keys and rods were virtually impossible when the game came out. Cashers always had an advantage and complaints about how cashers rule the game was still about.

Comment

Working...
                              X