No announcement yet.

who miss the old wartune?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss the old 3v3 arena, atleast somewhat.. it was fun to fight to be the best team
    the no lagg WB
    the bg were more closely competetive as there was no hs and no big gaps. (Although beating 10k higher br is fun now )

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
      . It's a tad more expensive than when it came out but it really hasn't changed as much. Low to non cashers still had a major disadvantage. Especially since getting crypt keys and rods were virtually impossible when the game came out. Cashers always had an advantage and complaints about how cashers rule the game was still about.
      Not really the case in my experience, as the game has changed beyond all recognition.

Low - non cashers had a disadvantage, but it wasn't as great as it is now. No mounts, no clothes, no sylphs, very few people had legend gear as it was a pure grind at the start(you could not buy stones etc.).
      As for socketing rods and crypt keys, the only people who ever ran out of them were those that used them at the wrong times. Crypt keys before clearing 100, socketing rods on the wrong equipement (ie not PvP or PvE kit).

As for the expense thing, well to say it's a tad more expensive is the biggest UNDERSTATEMENT I have seen this year.
      Originally there wasn't a great deal to spend $$$ on. Now however you can spend $$$ on everything.
      There were never any $$$ events apart from recharge ones. 9 out of 10 events rewarded the non casher and cashers with the same rewards. Cashers just had the advantage of getting them earlier.
      There were none of the "luck box" events which only encourage insane spending to gain the top reward.
      The events were few and far between originally also, but now nearly every month you get events in which you HAVE to spend if you want to gain any decent rewards.

I do however agree that cashers have always had the advantage and that they always will. However it used to be that time played actually meant something. Time + Cash always beat Time only, but Time always beat Cash only!
      Now it is the exact opposite, money can almost instantly (2-3months) make you among the strongest x-server.

The scary thing is that it is only going to get worse in the future, the cash advantage continues to grow at an exponential rate, and even low to medium cashers are now rethinking their spending habits as they are being asked to spend more money EVERY month just to hold station.

Wartune is a pay to win game and people need to accept that, however the gap needs addressing and using something like the original blueprint for cash advantages is not a bad place to start

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
        That's a recent change lol, I miss dreading doing 3 mpds daily, or the time where a mount actually mattered. Now it's a little extra.
        All that time spending, and working for so many things that are now reduced to minorities due to newer patches making many things quite obsolete compared to the past.
        used to be 5 mps lol... before they reduced to 3.
        ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
        Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
        My pathetic youtube channel
        -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

I miss the 5 MPD's, the old 3v3 arena, the green look of Ashura Sword (lvl. 35 sword of Knight), the 5-buttons QTE and others...
          But I was here when was 16 guilds on GB... when we have old runes... when the best astrals were Yellow, and best troops were lvl 40...

Comment

Every game there always some "miss the old days" rant. MMOs need to evolve. That's why they are called mmorpg. If you want to have a game that doesn't change storylines or gameplay. Then that's why there such things as console games. Where there is only one major way of playing the game and one major storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
              That's a recent change lol, I miss dreading doing 3 mpds daily, or the time where a mount actually mattered. Now it's a little extra.
              All that time spending, and working for so many things that are now reduced to minorities due to newer patches making many things quite obsolete compared to the past.
              I think you're already referring to the new WT by that time. Old wartune was when 5 MPD a day. No mount, no wings, no red astrals, no tok, no spire, no blessing wheel n fate. Highest was lvl 45 PVP set and lvl 50 PVE set. No moonevil den and demon temple back then. Lagless even if played on wireless connection. Illusion astral procs more often that you can even survive WB special atk and go another 5 rounds on it (only heard some ppl experience it, but didn't get a chance myself...) Main thing I like about old WT is you don't need to cash to compete and lag free.
              IGN: Athena
              Guild: Warriors
              Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
              Class: Archer
              Difficulty Level: Noob
              BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

I miss the old one too. Everything was like really simple. It wasn't a priority to be in the top guild or cash a lot. I loved it back then, I remember even 60s having the 45 set still When getting orange astrals were something to congratulate on... The music too...was just great. It fit with the theme.

I...I love you like a love song baby...
                I.. I love you like a love song baby...
                I...I love you like a love song baby...
                And I keep hitting repe-pe-pe-pe-peat.
                :o:o:o:o

Comment

Working...
                X