Bring Back 3 row formation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Back 3 row formation

Ever since patch 2.1 and introduction of cloud city I have seen and tried to manage with only having 2 rows (as defined by the game) of party formation. Over time I have come to realize that this 2 row formation is a terrible idea for one main reason. That reason being there is only 1 formation of 4 or 2 formations of 3 in which HP bars are visible. These formations are seen below where x= a player and - = empty spot.
    x x
    - -
    x x
    Formation A
    x -
    - x
    x -
    Formation B
    - x
    x -
    - x
    Formation C

Now in formation A, this formation works best if have two knights and a combination of a mage and archer, which for many dungeons is not feasible. This is because in dungeons like moonevil den nightmare or demon temple night mare, you need 2 archers to rotate deep freeze and scatter shot. Since Archers are not typically tanks, they would likely be in the back row. Now in those same dungeons a mage is also needed to heal. Since a mage has terrible defenses, it will aslo go in back, which will be 3 in back and that is a formation that hinders the mage's ability to know what heals to use. Let us look at how things can be with 3 rows for those dungeons. Having one knight, 2 archers, and a mage, you can have the following formations with 3 rows where all HP bars are visible.

x - - | - x - | - x x
    - x x | x - x | x - - ....
    x - - | - x - | - x -
    Or in more general terms, follow the rules: A. only 1 or 2 people per row, B. If two people in a row, have a space between, C. players can be adjadcent in columns.

Using the rules as presented above, there are even more combinations for a 3 party team in arena, with an even greater number of combinations for players without having to worry about being able to see allies' HP bars. So if any from 7 roads are listening, please bring back the 3 rows for party formation.
    Last edited by Zeak42; 12-12-2013, 10:10 AM. Reason: displaying formations better

I agree with you for a simple reason :
    Mages cannot easilly see all players HP in mpd/spire/tok in 2 row formation.
    (this has been reported before as an issue in 3-row form, gets worse in 2-row)

Comment

Originally posted by ArowenGR View Post
      I agree with you for a simple reason :
      Mages cannot easilly see all players HP in mpd/spire/tok in 2 row formation.
      (this has been reported before as an issue in 3-row form, gets worse in 2-row)
      Absolutely. It's a nightmare trying to see who's at what HP. You think you're healing your tank and then *poof* someone in the back row steals it cause ya couldn't see their HP Bar. It's awful.

Comment

Lys agrees with you. And I really miss hiding behind my favourite knight's back instead of being APed to death by archers. That, and of course the whole can't see anyone's HP and end up healing the wrong target.

We want old formation back!
        Hello.

[S161]Ashthorn Fen - Lysaelle

Comment

Also, tok uses the old formation setup, either they conform to the new setup or we get the old formation back!!!!
          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
            Also, tok uses the old formation setup, either they conform to the new setup or we get the old formation back!!!!
            True, AI mages can hide in middle row thus making them immune to DF/AP.
            IGN: AncientEvil
            Server: EU-271+merged
            Class: Archer
            Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Yes please! We are at a disadvantage with only 2 rows for form.

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                tok uses the old formation setup
                I don't really have any issue's with the new formation, apart from the above.
                I really can't say it has much effect on how my game evolves, but I do agree not being able to see HP is a total and utter pain in the *&se

Comment

i m agreed with Zeak42 we want the three row formation back that was so goood and better than this 2 row , i hope r2 will return us that 3 row formation....

Comment

Nice to see such agreeance on bringing back the 3 row formation set up. Lets keep this thread alive so that it may actually happen.

Comment

Everthing works prima me 2 row, but what some can be harder is have controll over every singel people hp, for a mage and time the heling but that can you get fixit if you hidde the cloth.

Otherwise is no harder me 2 row that was me 3 row.
                      Character - Taggen
                      Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
                      Class - Archer
                      Battle Rating -2.4M BR
                      Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
                      Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

even with clothes hidden, there are times when you cant see the HP bars

Comment

I cannot remember any other thread with zero negative comments.
                          R 2 better take this request seriously lol.

Comment

i just today 1/8/14 added a new thread about this its getting old fast almost died in lych nm because i accidently healed my middle archer in the back row instead of our tank PLEASE ALL YOU GAME DEVS LOOK AT OUR REQUEST AND PLEASE MAKE IT SO

beludon
                            server 18 blazing desert

Comment

Originally posted by Beludon View Post
                              i just today 1/8/14 added a new thread about this its getting old fast almost died in lych nm because i accidently healed my middle archer in the back row instead of our tank PLEASE ALL YOU GAME DEVS LOOK AT OUR REQUEST AND PLEASE MAKE IT SO

beludon
                              server 18 blazing desert
                              Formation has nothing to do with healing lol. You heal the person with the lowest hp first no matter what position they are in. You can't pick or choose who you want to heal....

Comment

Working...
                              X