[Please Read] Chat Word Filter Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Please Read] Chat Word Filter Issue

I ran into this issue many times, and I know many of the others on here have also.

Chat word filters garble your text into one huge incomprehensible word; and to top it off have one bad trigger.

I know the trigger "GM" is understandable, but can you have it distinguish it a bit more.

If I type in a sentence, "We are now recruiting more people for the guild" BAM! It goes off like a nuke.
    I know it's because G and M are close to each other, and as stated I understand that, but can we get an exception filter for the space between?

As for word filters they are easy enough to bypass if you know Unicode character codes.
    I just hate to either put a period after all my g words or invisible characters before or after the space.

Can we get this looked into, so it doesn't false positive flag our words as inappropriate?

We're aware of it. We're very very very aware of it.
    This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Then I'm content, thanks for looking into it.
      I'm sure many other players will be happy about that likewise.

Comment

I posted a more in-depth analysis (heh, this would already get filtered in-game) of what I, personally, think is wrong with the filter before. Sadly, nobody replied.

Here's a link:
        http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ofanity-filter
        I have spoken.

Comment

Well well well, good job. That's been stumping us for a while. Thank you.
          This Forum Admin is no more. He has ceased to be. He's expired and gone on to other work. He's a stiff. If R2 hadn't ignored him he'd still be employed. Bereft of work he lives in peace. His forum duties are now history. He's off the twig, he's kicked the bucket, he's shuffled off these forums, run down the thread count, and joined the ex-R2Games Employees Club. This is an ex-Forum Admin.

Comment

Working...
          X