Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

R2Client Issue Survey #2

To contribute to making the R2Client better, please click here to take a survey.
2 of 2 < >

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

[Please Read] Chat Word Filter Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leesifer
    started a topic [Please Read] Chat Word Filter Issue

[Please Read] Chat Word Filter Issue

I ran into this issue many times, and I know many of the others on here have also.

Chat word filters garble your text into one huge incomprehensible word; and to top it off have one bad trigger.

I know the trigger "GM" is understandable, but can you have it distinguish it a bit more.

If I type in a sentence, "We are now recruiting more people for the guild" BAM! It goes off like a nuke.
    I know it's because G and M are close to each other, and as stated I understand that, but can we get an exception filter for the space between?

As for word filters they are easy enough to bypass if you know Unicode character codes.
    I just hate to either put a period after all my g words or invisible characters before or after the space.

Can we get this looked into, so it doesn't false positive flag our words as inappropriate?

• Stormaggedon
    replied
    Well well well, good job. That's been stumping us for a while. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• arakell
    replied
    I posted a more in-depth analysis (heh, this would already get filtered in-game) of what I, personally, think is wrong with the filter before. Sadly, nobody replied.

Here's a link:
    http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....ofanity-filter

Leave a comment:

• Leesifer
    replied
    Then I'm content, thanks for looking into it.
    I'm sure many other players will be happy about that likewise.

Leave a comment:

• Stormaggedon
    replied
    We're aware of it. We're very very very aware of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X