Archer versus Mage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer versus Mage

I'm trying out all the classes before I settle for a +8 Oceanic server. Currently trying out the knight.

I was wondering if there are any pros or cons to the class I end up choosing. If I stay VIP, would being an archer be better or would a knight?

Better for what? I'm a 72lvl mage. I tried an archer up to level 42 but got bored. It's personal preferences really. I think archer is most popular at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Aedrie View Post
      I'm trying out all the classes before I settle for a +8 Oceanic server. Currently trying out the knight.

I was wondering if there are any pros or cons to the class I end up choosing. If I stay VIP, would being an archer be better or would a knight?
      in my experience,
      knight need lots of hard work (or money) to be really decent, same as archer. mage is far more cheap tho.
      so, archer or knight? archer definitely. usefull for MPD and mage hate archers crit lol.

but personally i choose mage. good at both PVP and PVE.
      Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

In the long run the knight would be the best choice, as long as you take your time and build the knight properly.
        After lv65-70 knights become absolute monsters.

Contrary to what people say, I find that it's actually harder to find a knight for lv70MPD, spire and ToK NM.

Comment

a good archer takes much more cash than all other classes in my opinion. You need to juggle a lot to be a good archer as you have 1 extra astral to deal with ... you need massive amounts of dps and your defense sucks as it is mostly middle ground with a little leaning towards pdef. Then you have crit rate to deal with. Bonus is that you get to rule World Boss for a long time once you get a good rage set, so you have to level up your astrals/guild skills before most classes. so, if you like to race and have a few bucks to put into a toon, pick archer.

Knights are slow to level everything, so if you are stubborn and determined, take a knight. Biggest weakness is that your skills are slow and you have low mdef. But, if you take enough time and build it right, you will dominate mages too as you block almost everything, have shields to get you through damage and are able to have massive massive delphs.

Mages are kind of good at everything and semi-boring. Mages biggest weakness is pdef, fix that and max your damage/heals and you will have no problem, but good mages are a dime a dozen.

The most challenging of all classes I would say would be knight.
          Last edited by B4nsh33; 12-25-2013, 01:48 AM.
          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post

Contrary to what people say, I find that it's actually harder to find a knight for lv70MPD, spire and ToK NM.
            This is pretty server dependent of a thing... My server has 5 knights 3 archers and 2 mages in top ten BR for example.

Anyways, mages are the easier of the 3, or 2 if you want just archer/mage. I play a knight and find it more fun since have tried the other classes, but all personal taste.

Comment

deleted ....missread sigh

Comment

Archer is the biggest cashcow, where knight takes least to become strong. That's general knowledge.

Knight imho is very boring, but becomes the strongest pvp class at end levels, followed by mage (lately mage and archer are doing equally well tho).
                First 50 levels archers shines above the rest, but between 50 and 60-70 they become less good. For spire, Knight is the least favourable because the higher you get, the less you need them.
                They all have their pro's and cons, I used to love and hate my char, but wouldn't want to trade it, it's not boring at all.
                Player Class: Archer
                Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                  Archer is the biggest cashcow, where knight takes least to become strong. That's general knowledge.

Knight imho is very boring, but becomes the strongest pvp class at end levels, followed by mage (lately mage and archer are doing equally well tho).
                  First 50 levels archers shines above the rest, but between 50 and 60-70 they become less good. For spire, Knight is the least favourable because the higher you get, the less you need them.
                  They all have their pro's and cons, I used to love and hate my char, but wouldn't want to trade it, it's not boring at all.
                  My team goes two knights sometimes for spire and runs in general and we don't do too shabby get to 14-5 depending on how derp the run is in general. (have to alter run times every now and then so sometimes one-two have to wake up at **** times etc) though I can see where you're coming from, but I have seen spire vids with two knights and they got to lv17 or 18. Maybe not end-game spire, but we don't know the BR of either group of people in those spire runs so can't compare.

On our English wartunes people are far from end-game spire and the damage needed for it imho, so using knights is still something you'll generally see often enough.

Wouldn't call the class boring either but personal taste again :P

Comment

well knights class requires a lot of patience so yes it is considered boring by many or weak, but I do agree with iggy with the rest(well maybe except the archers and mages are equal part, are they really equal if the mage uses guardian angel?the archers unlike the 2 order classes can go only on crit build which is why I dislike it the most). Archers lacks both defenses and like that is not enough they need to sacrifice a lot for that crit built since it never seems to be enough. They always wonders if they need to add more, if they are satisfied with how much they crit since their crit rate keeps changing with their br and there is no info about the real formula.

Knights has to sacrifice some stats as well for the high block but that is what makes them so op late in the game, that heal after block is simply wow. it can be played in many ways but a crit knight might be even more complicated and money sucking than the archer lol.

And here it is the mage class, which can choose whatever they want, they dont need to sacrifice anything if they don't want to. A very balanced class, you can play it both ofensive, defensive or a mix (my favorite). They require least money invested and they start shinning from lvl 50+ which is not far.

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
                      well knights class requires a lot of patience so yes it is considered boring by many or weak, but I do agree with iggy with the rest(well maybe except the archers and mages are equal part, are they really equal if the mage uses guardian angel?the archers unlike the 2 order classes can go only on crit build which is why I dislike it the most). Archers lacks both defenses and like that is not enough they need to sacrifice a lot for that crit built since it never seems to be enough. They always wonders if they need to add more, if they are satisfied with how much they crit since their crit rate keeps changing with their br and there is no info about the real formula.

Knights has to sacrifice some stats as well for the high block but that is what makes them so op late in the game, that heal after block is simply wow. it can be played in many ways but a crit knight might be even more complicated and money sucking than the archer lol.

And here it is the mage class, which can choose whatever they want, they dont need to sacrifice anything if they don't want to. A very balanced class, you can play it both ofensive, defensive or a mix (my favorite). They require least money invested and they start shinning from lvl 50+ which is not far.
                      Mages sacrifice alot of HP due to not having the buff we archers and knights get. They get mdef buff in their passive skill set which is only good against other mages.
                      So in defense they kind of equal out compared to archers. The problem is and always will be knights, they have all the defense and the attack power. It's an all-in-one package.
                      In my honest opinion you shouldn't have both, and that's why the knight is currently so op in PvP.
                      Player Class: Archer
                      Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

mages mdef is also good vs archers and knightss that use iris or apollo well only when they awaken thou

Comment

Stupid discussion go for the character that you like the most. Each one has prose and cons. Archer is the best in WB and it can develop the armor the quickest as it gets the most gold in WB, but it lacks some defense. Archer is lethal for mages. Mages are lethal against knights and knights are lethal against archers. That sums it up.
                          Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                            Mages sacrifice alot of HP due to not having the buff we archers and knights get. They get mdef buff in their passive skill set which is only good against other mages.
                            So in defense they kind of equal out compared to archers. The problem is and always will be knights, they have all the defense and the attack power. It's an all-in-one package.
                            In my honest opinion you shouldn't have both, and that's why the knight is currently so op in PvP.
                            Mages have no problem with hp, lol. Yes, knights have more, but I'm 85k hp right now. Not hard to refine/gem up for and add a hp astral. The only problem I have is pdef, same as a knight, but the knight gets a huge block / life gain from block advantage. Yes, once a knight works on a huge mdef and block, they are soooo annoying..... everything bounces off them

Sylphs also add a huge advantage for knights so they can finally aoe past all our troops and then delph the **** out of us
                            Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

B4nsh33

I can take down knights with br around 96 k even if they use shield. Easy I am using bleed rune.
                              Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Working...
                              X