X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing

"1. Rewards and fish will become more abundant as the pool levels up."
    "6. The deeper the fishing pool, the more points you can receive."

My interpretation of this is that as you level up, the pool is supposed to get "deeper" by adding more layers of fish. These deeper fish will give more points, and better rewards.

I'm level 3 now, yet nothing seems to have changed. I'm wondering whether it actually takes many levels before anything new shows up, or whether this is a case of "R2 might add the other fish...in a future update."

I'm curious what the patch regarding "improved quality of fishing" was about. But regarding what you wrote, I'm thinking every 5 levels or so.
    IGN: AncientEvil
    Server: EU-271+merged
    Class: Archer
    Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Yeah lvl 3 also and no new fishes .

Comment

level 3 also and getting bored. the level of reward really makes this more tedious than fun or worthwhile. At least if the pool were getting deeper by now, actually catching the same fish wouldn't be as annoying knowing my spear just didn't make far enough to get the new better fish.

so how about some info from staff concerning how long this is going to take to see new things before we all get bored and quit playing it.

Comment

so... every 5 levels...

And we get a level up around every 2 weeks (if you didn't catch nothing but shadow crystal fish)

That's 4 more week before lv.5
          (a estimate of around 10 week every 5 level)

And from the looks of it, basing on rarity (guessing)

lv.5 will be Bounty Scroll
          lv.10 will be Insignia
          lv.15 will be Crypt Token
          lv.20 will be Refine Lock
          lv.25 will be Fashion Shard
          lv.30 will be VIP (Trial?) Card

From that, it means an estimate of up to 60 weeks before you reach VIP Card
          60 weeks = 15 month = 1 year and 3 month (around 1 year if you catch nothing but shadow crystal fish)

BTW, did anyone notice if the amount of points needed to level up increases? (I didn't check)

So it might turn out needing a longer time to level up.

Comment

but higher level fish might give more points so not necesarily 15 month,still level 0 so idk lol

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
              BTW, did anyone notice if the amount of points needed to level up increases? (I didn't check)

Yep. From 2-3 was 250. 3-4 is 300.

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                but higher level fish might give more points so not necesarily 15 month,still level 0 so idk lol
                that might be, but it might turnout the higher level rare fishes only comes out on a blue moon... since I doubt there will be like 2 Fashion or 2 vip fish swimming around non-stop
                Just think, ppls that are able to get bunch of shadow crystals would than be able to get bunch of fashion shard and vip cards...
                up to 2 fashion core a day, 20 vip cards.... lol... no longer need to buy vip, R2 will lose a lot of money.

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                Yep. From 2-3 was 250. 3-4 is 300.
                I see,
                so it does require more points per level up

Well than, that makes it longer than my estimated 15 months to get to lv.30

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                  so... every 5 levels...

And we get a level up around every 2 weeks (if you didn't catch nothing but shadow crystal fish)

That's 4 more week before lv.5
                  (a estimate of around 10 week every 5 level)

And from the looks of it, basing on rarity (guessing)

lv.5 will be Bounty Scroll
                  lv.10 will be Insignia
                  lv.15 will be Crypt Token
                  lv.20 will be Refine Lock
                  lv.25 will be Fashion Shard
                  lv.30 will be VIP (Trial?) Card

From that, it means an estimate of up to 60 weeks before you reach VIP Card
                  60 weeks = 15 month = 1 year and 3 month (around 1 year if you catch nothing but shadow crystal fish)

I just hope your guess is wrong xD and i think those fishes will give more xp yeah otherwise wont make sence 1.3year for vip (witch i probably think will be 1h xD).

Comment

My predictions (admittedly optimistic) are that, assuming only one new fish type unlocks every 5 levels, and assuming XP requirements go up by 50 per level...and I'm going to assume every 2 new fish types give 1 extra XP, each new type gives 2 extra points...

Building off anichaos:

Level 5 = Bounty Scroll, 10 pts, 3 XP
                    Level 10 = Insignia, 12 pts, 3 XP
                    Level 15 = Crypt Token, 14 points, 4 XP
                    Level 20 = Refine Lock, 16 points, 4 XP
                    Level 25 = Fashion Shard, 18 points, 5 XP
                    Level 30 = VIP Trial, 20 pts, 5 XP

Basing this on points seeming to go up by 2 per "layer" so far (2,4,6,8) and XP seeming to go up by 1 for every 2 "layers" (1,2).

XP Cap 40 (28 days spent below)

1-2 = 200
                    4-5 = 350

XP Cap 60 (104 days spent below)

5-6 = 400
                    9-10 = 600
                    10-11 = 650
                    14-15 = 850

XP Cap 80 (145 days spent below)

15-16 = 900
                    19-20 = 1100
                    20-21 = 1150
                    24-25 = 1350

XP Cap 100 (75 days spent below)

25-26 = 1400
                    29-30 = 1600

So a minimum of 352 days to get to level 30 in fishing, under perfect conditions based on my assumptions about the future.
                    Last edited by bshallc2010; 12-29-2013, 01:41 PM. Reason: No need to go too in-depth until we know more

Comment

I guess we'll know in about 2 more weeks, won't we?
                      Last edited by bshallc2010; 01-14-2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

The first batch of level 5 fishers has confirmed that level 5 fish give scrolls, 3 xp, and 10 pts...so I'm going to say that my earlier timeline is accurate. 352 days of perfect, XP capped (40, 60, 80, 100) fishing to get to level 30.

But apparently they'll just be fed into existing layers, not added as individual layers. I...guess that's good. Just saying, R2 coulda made that VIP fish much harder to catch if it was under 8 or so layers of fish moving at all diff speeds and directions.

Comment

i think by the shape/size of the fish, you can see/guess which layer they'll be inserted to
                          the shapes of the "new" fish are for all almost identical to shapes of the starting fish

Comment

Yeah, I'm hopeful that the L10 fish gets inserted into an even higher layer. Once you hit L5, it's MUCH easier to do a "perfect" fishing run (60 XP, 200 pts) since you're removing a layer between you and the "best" fish.

Also means that the L5s should be dominating the weekly leaderboards now. They can get 80 points more, and do it easier, than L4s and below.

Comment

so 20 orange tasks per day..nice

and dont have to open the board anymore
                              Last edited by mageheal50; 01-15-2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X