Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ToK] The "Thank you for Stripping" thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why you guys figure this is a person being dramatic over a simple thank you to LadyFabulous, personally I am thankful too. My team managed to get from lvl 1-5 because of Lady (our br ranging from 80-90k).

Is that a drama too? If so learn what the difference between a thank you(and the reason why) and a drama really is.
    Sincerely,
    GrymReaper-[296 a West Coast Server]
    Death is only the Beginning :P

GrymReaper- 2.9 Mil BR

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
      lets say thanks in forum because someone naked in tok!every day!one post for each one anyways...
      You can do that if you wish. But if you will do it , just make sure it is from the bottom of your heart just like me. ^_^ Honestly , i don't know who you are zeref , but the way you reply , the way the message of this thread struck you is so negative. I sense bitterness and jealousy. I don't know what kind of life you have because saying thank you to anyone makes you so annoyed and uncomfortable. Thats not normal. I saw 350+ review this thread , and i am sure,most them are so annoyed just like you but i admired them because they already know replying here is such a waste of time. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by GrymReaper View Post
        I don't know why you guys figure this is a person being dramatic over a simple thank you to LadyFabulous, personally I am thankful too. My team managed to get from lvl 1-5 because of Lady (our br ranging from 80-90k).

Is that a drama too? If so learn what the difference between a thank you(and the reason why) and a drama really is.
        Sincerely,
        GrymReaper-[296 a West Coast Server]
        For those who is wondering, why in forum? Here is your answer. Giving a chance to other to say thanks ^_^ Call it a drama , we don't care. ^_^v

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbacmon View Post
          its a drama zeref
          In your own word, please give us the meaning of DRAMA. Because i don't know. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by MrPunkinHead View Post
            I've never seen so many annoyed comments about a person thanking another in my life.
            Haha this is so true

Comment

Can I make a thread whenever someone gets a orange or red astral lol? Saying grats to them for getting a orange or red astral lol. How about a thread saying thanks for guildies helping run the Multi dungeons. Sorry just a little joke hehe. Even though the thought you have is kind to say to someone but the forums isn't really the place to do so. Just make a toon on the server and thank them directly. Not only does it stop the forum drama it also means more to the person if you directly say thank you to them. The thought means more doing so. I can see why people are annoyed on threads about this. There like one thread every day saying thank you to so and so or the thread is about complaining to the person not stripping. It's more like spam in a way which is another reason why people get annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                Can I make a thread whenever someone gets a orange or red astral lol? Saying grats to them for getting a orange or red astral lol. How about a thread saying thanks for guildies helping run the Multi dungeons. Sorry just a little joke hehe. Even though the thought you have is kind to say to someone but the forums isn't really the place to do so. Just make a toon on the server and thank them directly. Not only does it stop the forum drama it also means more to the person if you directly say thank you to them. The thought means more doing so. I can see why people are annoyed on threads about this. There like one thread every day saying thank you to so and so or the thread is about complaining to the person not stripping. It's more like spam in a way which is another reason why people get annoyed.
                You are right but the way people are getting annoyed is not the right way to express the feelings, they should explain to him why it's not a good idea to use forums for these things, people are just accusing him of creating drama which spawns more drama itself.
                If you oppose or stop people from doing something then it will only make them want to do it more often.
                The correct way is to make the person realize as to why making such threads is probably not a very good idea
                Last edited by kattuktk; 12-30-2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                  You are right but the way people are getting annoyed is not the right way to express the feelings, they should explain to him why it's not a good idea to use forums for these things, people are just accusing him of creating drama which spawns more drama itself.
                  If you oppose or stop people from doing something then it will only make them want to do it more often.
                  The correct way is to make the person realize as to why making such threads is probably not a very good idea
                  Do agree that the way zeref and others were creating something that wasn't there. However, as I said i can see why people are making a big deal out of this. Plenty of times where there been threads about people being plundered while they strip, people not stripping for tok hard or nm, and people letting low BRs get a free ride. Not to mention the countless threads each day thanking someone. It's kinda silly in a way to make a thread really. That be like making a thread thanking someone for helping out in Multiplayer dungeons each day. There really no need for that kind of thread. If there must be a thank you thread it should just be one big thank you thread and just bump it up. That way the spam isn't all over the place. Anyways though the TS should have known what kind of reaction she would get just by reading all the past threads. If you know that the reactions arn't so well then maybe it's best not to make a repost. Both people were in the wrong here i say.

Comment

This is Game Discussion section. You are getting a wrong idea about forum. This is all about TOK hard. Whats the problem with that? ^_^ Honestly it looks like a spam thread now because of meaningless reply. ^_^ It is not a normal attitude of a person getting annoyed on topic like this. If this is a spam or i violated a rules , MOD are there to warn me. You guys really getting hooked on this game. ^_^ So serious.

Comment

proof people will complain about anything lol cant even say thanks nowadays
                      LVL 80 CRIT KNIGHT

SERVER 125

GUILD §SUPERIOR§

Comment

Do agree that the way zeref and others were creating something that wasn't there. However, as I said i can see why people are making a big deal out of this. Plenty of times where there been threads about people being plundered while they strip, people not stripping for tok hard or nm, and people letting low BRs get a free ride. Not to mention the countless threads each day thanking someone. It's kinda silly in a way to make a thread really. That be like making a thread thanking someone for helping out in Multiplayer dungeons each day. There really no need for that kind of thread. If there must be a thank you thread it should just be one big thank you thread and just bump it up. That way the spam isn't all over the place. Anyways though the TS should have known what kind of reaction she would get just by reading all the past threads. If you know that the reactions arn't so well then maybe it's best not to make a repost. Both people were in the wrong here i say.

Hmmmm.... sorry, but I don't think it's giving Lower BR a 'free ride'. It's more like bypassing R2's way of making us fight each other and spend tons more money than we have to. As for thanking people for ToK NM, I think it's great! I'm saying thank you for all the High Levels in East Coast (you know who you are!). I thank them when I see them in Group Arena too!!! I think threads like this promote more cooperation between players, as we get way too competitive with each other and forget we need each others help. I've done many mp's with our most competitive guild .... I don't view them as enemies, but some people do. Guess haters gonna hate.... but I like to think that we are only competitors for 1 hour a week. Even before our server merge, we were cooperatively plundering each other so as not to make people mad at each other for nothing. This is a game, but remember, when we fight and compete too much with each, only R2 wins (our money).
                        Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
                          Hmmmm.... sorry, but I don't think it's giving Lower BR a 'free ride'. It's more like bypassing R2's way of making us fight each other and spend tons more money than we have to. As for thanking people for ToK NM, I think it's great! ...
                          Banshee,

You're spot on. What a lot of people don't realize is that Tower of Kings is a broken mechanic that requires cross-server (in r2 at least) cooperation where people are removing items. Otherwise ToK NM would be impossible. ToK Hard would be unattainable for all but a handful of the top players in each server cluster working together. Here's why:

When ToK was created, it was labelled with BR Difficulty Ratings per level. ToK NM required 100K Br to beat, ToK Hard was 80k, ToK Normal was 60k. Now keep in mind, at the time there were maybe a handful of players per region that were at 100K, so everyone knew that NM was unbeatable at the time from players working together from a single server cluster.

Well, then Academy Blessing came out and NM required 115K BR to beat. As new Mounts came out it got more difficult as well. Then we got a 2nd Academy Page and Pets and now, if you want to beat NM (at least on the East Cost) with everyone equipped, you're going to need a team of 160k+ BR players. Hard requires about 130K now when equipped.

The point here being that ToK Scales its difficulty based on the stats of the player, which is wrong. It should take the players profile in terms of name and look, but use a generic power rating for the level of ToK being done. Maybe scale it based on server age or something - but in no way should it be the way it is and there be any expectation of NM level being cleared without the help of those players ranked within.

So it's really not a free ride at all, as Banshee has said. It's the top-end players "fixing" what R2 did wrong. Without their help, 90k BR players would be struggling to clear normal, not clearing Hard like they should be based on what ToK was advertised when it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                            Banshee,

You're spot on. What a lot of people don't realize is that Tower of Kings is a broken mechanic that requires cross-server (in r2 at least) cooperation where people are removing items. Otherwise ToK NM would be impossible. ToK Hard would be unattainable for all but a handful of the top players in each server cluster working together. Here's why:

When ToK was created, it was labelled with BR Difficulty Ratings per level. ToK NM required 100K Br to beat, ToK Hard was 80k, ToK Normal was 60k. Now keep in mind, at the time there were maybe a handful of players per region that were at 100K, so everyone knew that NM was unbeatable at the time from players working together from a single server cluster.

Well, then Academy Blessing came out and NM required 115K BR to beat. As new Mounts came out it got more difficult as well. Then we got a 2nd Academy Page and Pets and now, if you want to beat NM (at least on the East Cost) with everyone equipped, you're going to need a team of 160k+ BR players. Hard requires about 130K now when equipped.

The point here being that ToK Scales its difficulty based on the stats of the player, which is wrong. It should take the players profile in terms of name and look, but use a generic power rating for the level of ToK being done. Maybe scale it based on server age or something - but in no way should it be the way it is and there be any expectation of NM level being cleared without the help of those players ranked within.

So it's really not a free ride at all, as Banshee has said. It's the top-end players "fixing" what R2 did wrong. Without their help, 90k BR players would be struggling to clear normal, not clearing Hard like they should be based on what ToK was advertised when it came out.
                            Thing is i dont think that the Chinese server has people stripping for there server to pass lol. So saying it's R2 fault is just silly. Blame 7roads who made it since all R2 does is copy/paste the files over here. Also that wasn't my point of the thread anyway. I was stating ways why people may feel annoyed at these topics. I wasn't saying my point of view on this. So please stay on topic. I personally don't care if people strip or not for Tok hard/nm. I never said I believe it's giving free players a ride. I stated that SOME PEOPLE may THINK that. There is a difference. Anyways though that's besides the point. Thanking someone is okay but do it directly to there server. It takes like 10 sec to make atoon and a few more mins to lvl up to 6 I think to start pming the person. These are the main reasons why this thread shouldn't be here.

1.)The person may not even read the forums. So your thank you may not even get to the person you want to thank anyway.

2.) Creates unnecessary drama for the reasons I stated earlier. Just look at this thread it started drama that shouldn't have happened. So why not save yourself hassle and just go to the server directly.

3.) Thanking someone directly means more to them and you than thanking them on a forum that they may never even read.

4.) there are multiple threads like this on the forum. It creates spam because these are all over the place and each one of them has drama in it. If there must be a topic thanking someone. Create one and just ONE topic that is a big thank you to everyone. Not just the person you are trying to say thank you. That way you can say thank you to everyone instead of creating tons of posts about it. Less drama that way as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                              Banshee,

90k BR can easily defeat Tok Normal (fully equiped) nowadays, the rest is spot on tho.

Thing is i dont think that the Chinese server has people stripping for there server to pass lol. So saying it's R2 fault is just silly.
                              There is no ToK on the chinese servers lol. Maybe that's why?
                              Player Class: Archer
                              Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

some platforms have tok unless they removed in latest patch....

Comment

Working...
                                X