Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the point of the survival talent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the point of the survival talent?

As the topic states; I would like some experienced mages' input here.

For me this seems to be a PvP-exclusive talent. It provides less healing per second, more healing per rage, and less time spent under damage reduction for you and your team mates.

Am I missing something here? Does this talent get really worthwhile, and if so at which level?

Best, Thomas
    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
    [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Been wondering thee same thing, but maybe at higher ranks it will benefit the player/party members more, rather than penalizing them for upgrading talents. and with your PvE set, i don't think you should have problems with rage anyway
    Server: KABAM 39
    Name:Christinna
    Level: 62
    Class:Mage
    Honor Title: Lord Divine
    Battle Rating : 73k~

Comment

Survival talent is highly useful for higher level dungeons. Restoring your tank to full hp with a high level survival is nothing to be sneezed at, especially on those annoying bosses at Lych NM who like to crit for high amounts. I hardly need it as my knight has full gear now.... but when we first started it, dear lord almighty!
      Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Well since the upcoming of the Sylphs there is more burst potential now.
        I maxed out my survival and heal around 45k with Restoration.
        This means without it i'll only heal ~27k.
        Nty i'll take the big heal and the CD; rather be able to heal half of my hp once every 30s than heal myself for 3/8 every 15s AND lose the dmg I could've done in that turn.
        ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
        Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
        My pathetic youtube channel
        -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

Depends on your style of play really, if you don't have the PvE set then survival is nice. There were are few situaltions where the pve set plus the lower cool down were a god send lvl 9 spire with no archer in the group was one it meant you could solo the boss on your own. The talent doesn't really matter so much now with arrival of Iris since her heals crit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormsiren View Post
            Depends on your style of play really, if you don't have the PvE set then survival is nice. There were are few situaltions where the pve set plus the lower cool down were a god send lvl 9 spire with no archer in the group was one it meant you could solo the boss on your own. The talent doesn't really matter so much now with arrival of Iris since her heals crit.
            so the talent doesn't apply while you are awaken into iris?
            And what redoga said makes sense, why spending 2 turns to heal, when you can use the second turn to make some damage as well?

Comment

I just uploaded a page on my blog that explains this.

Jacko's Blog
              IGN: Jacko
              Server: Kabam S24
              Guild: Genesis
              Main Objective at the moment: Win Class Wars...

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
                so the talent doesn't apply while you are awaken into iris?
                Well Iris has trivialised alot of mage skills so it doesn't matter if you take the talent or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormsiren View Post
                  Well Iris has trivialised alot of mage skills so it doesn't matter if you take the talent or not.
                  All too true. Iris has for all intents and purposes replaced the one thing mages were needed for. This fact is a catch-22. On one hand it benefits groups without a mage able to be in it. On the other hand it can mean people rely too much on Iris that when they do have a healer in their party, they dont let the healer do it's job. I have seen archers that rely too much on Iris's heals that they forget their part in spire which is to deal damage fast and only heal when the healer can't

Comment

Well, there is also the point where hp starts to increase out of control...healing someone for 30k just wont do much if they have 150k+ hp...the 50-60k survival specced heal might do the trick though, even if it is less often than unspecced...and you also save a lot of rage to use on the more efficent skills such as bl and sunt

Comment

Working...
                    X