Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
    I call bull****.

As someone who's not a high casher, I can tell you point blank that you're wrong.

My group of 4 players in my guild that rushed to L80 struggled like crazy to get LL done. We couldn't do NM right away. It wasn't until the Academy Blessing came in that it became easier for us (we were also only L70 / L71 at this point) and we were able to do it w/o resorting to tons of Pots and WC to pass bosses.

Now, that same group of 4 people all have BRs in excess of 120k and are in the top-100 cross-server lists w/o buffs. We've all finished our L70 PvE Set and are finishing up our last L70 Jewels / Rings. That set alone gives us a solid 12K BR over the L69 campers. Advanced Academy is also huge as we've all unlocked it up to L80.
    Really ..try telling that to the lvl 55 players with 20 k BR also with your rush to the top how did you find the time to gain kaynite for the academy and Academy Blessing let alone the second page??? How much time you spend online a day??........So because you 4 did it everyone else should do it??..ummmm nope..

Comment

my philosophy is lvl fast or fall behind... every day you spent low lvl is another day not working on a pve set... you got to power lvl to 50 or 60 to start on set. max xp everyday or you really are hurting yourself. as for 70 mp, unless you are a noob you can handle nm LL fine as soon as hit 70 except for the role of tank which generally needs a little extra.

stay low lvl just boosts your honor which isnt that bad to max at any time, but at the high cost of astrals, guild skills, time, tokens, and experience

and this comes from a pure non-casher

Comment

I'm someone that slow-leveled and i don't regret it, however.

Pros:
        I had 48k insignias way before reaching level 60, now i have around 50k before having enough crystaloids for the first Lv 70 leg.
        Had LD title without suffering
        Had a decent BR for my level that time with little to none spending
        Ranked 22 - 26 around that on my server (BR Rank) afaik everyone nearly my rank and above has cashed way more than me.
        Spent balens to purchase wings, clothes (made lv 4 clothes almost with events sources) and of course Vip.

Cons:
        Everyone on the server was able to beat me with HS eventually even those with lower BR, started to catch only because i leveled to 70+
        Not to mention cross server activities past Lv 65 (cannot compete with older servers but people from newer servers stunning me)

People getting higher and better equipment: Lv 60 PvE while i had Lv 50 PvE and took me a while to get Lv 60 PvE, soon most gonna run with Lv 70 PvE.
        By the time i leveled to 65 was ***** hard to find DT NM groups, despite having the required BR to run it.

Camped around 1 month between Lv 46 - 49
        3 months between 50 - 54 - 59
        4 months between 60 - 64 - 69

For around 100$ bucks spent on this game, mostly on vip i'm contented, despite being underpowered at lv 70 (95k br)

tl;dr slow leveling to some extent is fully alright for light to no spenders.
        Last edited by MSEngel; 01-08-2014, 07:50 PM. Reason: tl;dr so you dont have 2 read it.
        East coast archer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickapath View Post
          Really ..try telling that to the lvl 55 players with 20 k BR
          Well, that to me is someone who either is not a serious player (nothing wrong with a casual gamer - but there's a diff with those that are competitive, even as free players or light cashers), or someone who was seriously lacking guidance in the game and never sought to learn an optimal path. From the moment I started playing I took the time to find a few guide, look at the skill trees, look at the equipment requirements and so on. It took me all of 2-3 hours to draw out a plan for my character. I never wasted a resource along the way. At L55, having already gotten and enchanted the PvP Set for that level well in advance of attaining it, I was already sporting a 50K+ BR. I don't remember the exact number, but I know before the Academy Blessing came into play, I was keeping up a pace of 1K BR / Level after L45. After the Academy came out, I jumped from about a 75K BR into the 80s. The Brutal Edge sent me higher in time as did new mounts from Class Wars rewards.

also with your rush to the top how did you find the time to gain kaynite for the academy and Academy Blessing let alone the second page???
          Funny, it was never an issue. By the time the Blessing came out my group and I were already going 11, 12 levels deep into the Spire, and the Kyanite there, and from Plunders was getting me well in excess of 20,000 a day on average. Until the 2nd Page came out, I was sitting on about 5 Million or so extra Kyanite. Even now I constantly get a surplus.

How much time you spend online a day??
          Well, depends on how you look at "time." How much do I actually play? Generally I get on anywhere between 7:30 pm and 9:00 pm and I do what I can until around midnight with the intermittent "put the kid to bed" and "fix myself dinner" breaks in between. After the farm tree resets I log. So anywhere from 3 to 4 hours or so a day in the evenings. I do pop in during my lunch and cue up my Crypt and knock out my menial tasks though when I get time. I can't run MPs or anything that I can't walk away from during the day in the event I need to work with my devs or jump into a meeting.

So because you 4 did it everyone else should do it??..ummmm nope..
          I'm not saying everyone should do it. What I'm saying is that, empirically, one will max out their levels and talents far faster by not camping as well as achieve their L60, L70 and (eventually) L80 gear sooner as well. This all leads to a superior character comparatively. I started playing in April, and I will Max my Holy Seal in mid February to go along with L80. 10 Months. How long does it take someone who slow-levels to Max their Holy Seal and get L80? 15 Months? More?

Comment

The problem nowadays with slow levelling is the ability to BUY strength.

There is absolutely NOTHING that slow levelling can do, that cash can't. You are NEVER going to be one of the top players at your level anymore. There are always those cash cows moving up on a continuous conveyor belt.

Also there is a difference between Levelling correctly and slow levelling.

Comment

Slow levelling is a good thing if you know how to play it, the most important thing is not to exceed its purpose. I slow levelled until I got LD then moved up. Now I am doing just fine, and will continue to do just fine, even when new honor ranks will come up and I will have to do BG again.
              On topic:
              I can tell you that for a 85k BR and 5.5k crit , the crit rate is about 70% (from my personal statistics).
              IGN: AncientEvil
              Server: EU-271+merged
              Class: Archer
              Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

It's better to level slow at some points, for example, staying below 60 (or 64) to get LD. Leveling HS before leveling towards a new level bracket is also a good reason for some.
                I have always slow leveled at many points, I camped at 54 for a while to max talents. Then camped at 59 for over 3 months for LD medal, then camped at 64 for a little while for group arena.
                Now I'm leveling to 74 and planning to stay there for a long time . All in all, I've seen people leveling fast to 70+ and they don't have a decent medal, they have 50 or 55 set.

Slow leveling has always been the way to go. Some people just take it too far lol.
                Player Class: Archer
                Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Lol...from a thread about crit rate it has become a debate on slow leveling =_="

Anyway, I read somewhere (can't remember where) that crit rate is linked to your patk/matk, def and hp along with crit value. For a certain amount of crit value, there is a certain range of patk, def and hp that will result in your toon having a higher crit rate. So far, it seems to be pretty true as when I had only increased my patk, I noticed my crit rate dropped a little, but when i increased my hp and def, it went back to my usual crit rate which is about 80 - 90%. So far no one seems to be able to figure out the optimum ratio so you'll have to figure out by trial and error as ur stats increase.
                  IGN: Athena
                  Guild: Warriors
                  Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                  Difficulty Level: Noob
                  BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

I won't even bother commenting on most of the posts here, but I'll say this:

There are 3 ways of playing, rushing to 80, rushing to 60-something and farming LD slowly WHILE doing talents, or NO-leveling (Staying 39, 44, 54 forever, no point in others, even 39 is abit pointless now with blessing wheel)

Slow-leveling as introduced by the slow leveling thread is one of the major sins anyone can do to himself.
                    Last edited by winlord; 01-09-2014, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
                      Lol...from a thread about crit rate it has become a debate on slow leveling =_="

Anyway, I read somewhere (can't remember where) that crit rate is linked to your patk/matk, def and hp along with crit value. For a certain amount of crit value, there is a certain range of patk, def and hp that will result in your toon having a higher crit rate. So far, it seems to be pretty true as when I had only increased my patk, I noticed my crit rate dropped a little, but when i increased my hp and def, it went back to my usual crit rate which is about 80 - 90%. So far no one seems to be able to figure out the optimum ratio so you'll have to figure out by trial and error as ur stats increase.
                      First of all: why are you not naked in TOK?
                      Second: so you're saying that 5600 crit is enough for you to get 80-90% crit rate? at least this is what I can see from cross-server rankings.
                      IGN: AncientEvil
                      Server: EU-271+merged
                      Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

There has been discussion recently of Crit & Block being linked to BR. In that there is an optimal ratio of Crit/Block to BR, and exceeding it or not meeting it, will mean you crit/block less often. Now while exceeding it and having the proc rate dropping, does sound silly to me, there are many high level peeps with good reputations on the forums muttering it.
                        Last edited by GingerTheHutt; 01-09-2014, 05:07 AM.
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                          Dragon, when I started playing it was on S-195 - over 6 months after the game opened. We have some slow levelers who are just now finishing up their L69 Talents to Max and going L70+. Another group of us went hard-grind to L80 and left our Talents alone.

Know what? Those of us who sucked up being stunned in BG / 3v3 are all L80 now, with 90+ Talent Levels (more than the slow levelers) and have 20k+ more BR due to levels, Academy, Blessing, etc... We also earn anywhere from 10 Mil XP to 25 Mil XP more PER DAY, hence why we all caught up and passed the slow levelers in Talent Levels and are just widening the gap.

While the slow levels plod through 2.5 Billion+ XP to get to L80, we'll all have our Holy Seal at max and our non-HS Talents at L10, plus we'll get a huge jump on the L80 MP due out soon, whereas they're stuck with 4-5 Months of grinding L70 Gear - because you can't skip 70 Gear to get to 80 Gear .

Those insane slow levelers wanted to be dominant on at least 1 aspect of the game. They slow level so they can at least own in arena and BG. They dont wanna cash. So their solution is to forget about being better at their server events and focus on the cross server events where you can feed on the new players on new servers. They all understood that the longer you play, the stronger you are, and cross server events offer a chance for their old accounts to face new accounts. So their playstyle revolves around that.

Some players do it for medals/insigs only. Their target is still to become strong on the server. They believe that slow leveling is the only solution to get hold of better medals and enough insigs. They try to look at the advantage/disadvantage of going to the next bracket/staying at the current one. For example, staying at 39, you can easily get crusader rank. Going to 40, it will be harder to get crusader rank, but you can do better in catacombs. If i am to make a decision on this one, i'd say go 40.

But your playstyle is the one that gives the most rewards. So i give you a big thumbs up being very patient as the BG food early on, but being the more useful character for the server.

Comment

I doubt anyone has figured out the actual crit/block formula, but one thing is for certain, that if you fight against weaker people you crit/block more and less against stronger people, so no certain % at a number can really be given out as I think opponent's attack power affects your block and their def affects your crit, just a theory though, nothing for sure
                            S240 knight
                            Lvl 64
                            Camper
                            Almost non casher
                            Hater of spawn campers

And FFFRIGGIN TALKATIVE CHAT SPAMMER TALKING ON EVERY CHAT ALL THE TIME! (not on world cuz i got no bullhorns )

Comment

Working...
                            X