Spire 12+ Buff Mitigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spire 12+ Buff Mitigation

So starting in Spire 12 (I think it's 12...the mounted knight) we start seeing the 1000% damage buff, and it can't be scattered. So the question came up about how the math works between that buff and damage-mitigating skills like Apollo Shield and Incendiary Shot.

Specifically, would the IS cut 30% off of the 1000% by 1000-30=970 or 1000-(0.3*1000)=700? Then, assuming no debuffs from 3-5, would the AS stack similarly? 970-30=940 or 700-(0.3x700)=490?

99% sure its multiplicative, means IS: 1000-300 = 700, just like the 90% guardian buff reduces it back to 100% (normal) damage.

it should be the same for apollo. i think most damage reducing buffs stack like this, so for example 30% reduce from astral + Apollo + Incshot would be 100*0,7*0,7*0,7 = 34,3% damage taken. but im not exactly sure.
    i always wondered if there are some buffs or damage reducing skills/talents that stack additive. in the above example this would mean 100%-30%-30%-30% = 10% , but that's not how it works for these skills.
    Last edited by Setsuna88; 01-09-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Then of course there's the passive reduction talent to add in, and I forgot about astral reduction. Hmmm...

Comment

Calc that wont help you , just save vulcan and kill that boss
        " You shall not pass !! " - Gandalf

"The Lich King has given me true power." - Death knight

Comment

Originally posted by FaeLRoX View Post
          Calc that wont help you , just save vulcan and kill that boss
          I agree with this

Comment

No matter what u do, w/o guardian u will die...Is and apollo dont help untill u have 200k hp

_________

Crit Mage 80v
            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

I survived the boss attack a few months ago from only a block while it was buffed. This boss does not hit that hard compared to 13 or 15. Best way around this boss is just get everyone in your Spire team to get determination or will destroyer to 10 so you do not even need to use 200% on this boss. Potency talent on archer helps a lot too.

Comment

Originally posted by IcarS69 View Post
                I survived the boss attack a few months ago from only a block while it was buffed. This boss does not hit that hard compared to 13 or 15. Best way around this boss is just get everyone in your Spire team to get determination or will destroyer to 10 so you do not even need to use 200% on this boss. Potency talent on archer helps a lot too.
                Easier said then done. If I would have EWD or Det level 10 I surely would have a lot more BR too lol. And that is exactly what you need ...BR
                IGN: AncientEvil
                Server: EU-271+merged
                Class: Archer
                Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

You can't heal through it or try to mitigate it. You need to kill it faster.
                  Knight - Kabam - S1
                  Guild - Derpicorns

Comment

He does it the last 2 bars, get a vulcan ready and delphic the guy. Before he's able to use it. Also use a guardian shield when he uses it, you can survive a few rounds when in use.
                    I can't pass 13 myself, he uses the same buff much earlier, our damage is way too low for him. And even with the guardian buff he does way too much damage.
                    Player Class: Archer
                    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                      He does it the last 2 bars, get a vulcan ready and delphic the guy. Before he's able to use it. Also use a guardian shield when he uses it, you can survive a few rounds when in use.
                      I can't pass 13 myself, he uses the same buff much earlier, our damage is way too low for him. And even with the guardian buff he does way too much damage.
                      Its timer based, not health based. Higher DPS = more damage done before he buffs = less health bars. Really just a matter of using your vulcans on 12++ bosses to DPS fast enough. Or eventually when your team doesn't need vulcans on 12-13 save them for 14-15 and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
                        Its timer based, not health based. Higher DPS = more damage done before he buffs = less health bars. Really just a matter of using your vulcans on 12++ bosses to DPS fast enough. Or eventually when your team doesn't need vulcans on 12-13 save them for 14-15 and so on.
                        I can't imagine not needing vulcan for 13, I'm pretty sure this is where cashing becomes needed and where you need to buy vulcans.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

I can't imagine not needing vulcan for 13, I'm pretty sure this is where cashing becomes needed and where you need to buy vulcans.
                          Depends on teams, pretty sure some are strong enough to only need maybe 1 at most 2 people using a vulcan on it. But yeah, if needed just cash out on vulcans (reminds me of an 80k br that bought 3-4 vulcans + other buffs, found it laughable since couldn't even pass 13 lol)

Comment

I don't really care tho, I now pass 12 without problems and if I can't defeat 1 or 2 more after that for months it's really not a drama. 600k and 2 chests aren't worth buying vulcans for lol.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

The buff doesnt come when you reach his 2nd hp bar, the buff starts when the timer for that boss ends same with lvl 13 boss dont know how much time it is tho
                              IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN YOU ARE QUITE BORED

∞GOOD VIBRATIONS∞

Comment

Working...
                              X