Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knight build

hey guys, i need tips for my knight

First Tip.. You should of chose Archer. Lol. Joking. But Seriously Bump This. I want to make a Knight on the new servers so any advice would be awesome.
    Crystal Saga
    CarnivorousX
    Celestial Palace
    Ranger Lvl 8x Scion
    Guild Edan

WarTune
    Temple of Ibalize
    Archer Lvl 4x
    Faithful of Malicious

Comment

I'm selfish so I'll just suggest go for a balanced or full tank build.
      A balanced knight with a good dps party will be almost impossible to beat in arena.
      Now imagine a full tanker, with reflect and healing astrals topped off with the already handy reflect and shield skill.
      Archers will crit themselves to death.

Though, I like the fact that most people play archer. It should stay that way, Knights are special because only few will ever know its destructive power, ego crushing power.
      Wartune:
      Server: [S3]Worg Lair
      Name: Cashmere
      Guild: Kingdom

My
      My

Comment

Originally posted by grayhatter View Post
        I'm selfish so I'll just suggest go for a balanced or full tank build.
        A balanced knight with a good dps party will be almost impossible to beat in arena.
        Now imagine a full tanker, with reflect and healing astrals topped off with the already handy reflect and shield skill.
        Archers will crit themselves to death.

Though, I like the fact that most people play archer. It should stay that way, Knights are special because only few will ever know its destructive power, ego crushing power.
        ^ Pretty much what i would have suggested, just Focus on Mainly HP/Mdef/Pdef and only on Patk if ya got stuff to work with, but mainly the hp and defenses, having a knight with over 15k HP 3.3k+ pdef and mdef, while having that reflect and shield maxed is pretty OP if ya ask me, dont need super high atk, just slowly let them die and tick away a lil extra with your charge atks and keep up the shield/reflect, as for astrals, i WOULD reccomend what i stated, simply the hp/mdef/ and pdef, but if you want something that works based around procs, then probably what grayhatter suggested, Thornwall to reflect damage, that HP regen astral that has a % to restore X amount of hp if it procs, and the -% reduce all dmg is always something any class could use
        Last edited by ProNab; 09-08-2012, 01:44 AM.
        'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

thanks ProNab, i'll try that

Comment

focus on def skills huh? im a 34 knight atm. thinking of having a reset. coz im not satisfied w/ my skill set. seem have wasted some. any specifics on what to get for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tantrums View Post
              focus on def skills huh? im a 34 knight atm. thinking of having a reset. coz im not satisfied w/ my skill set. seem have wasted some. any specifics on what to get for now.
              Are you looking for a specific skill build?

Comment

Originally posted by autlos View Post
                Are you looking for a specific skill build?
                that would surely help. specially the vital ones a knight should have.

Comment

Knights are awful. No matter what the build, you will get destroyed by the other 2 classes in PVP, and our good skills make us weaker and weaker in solo/world bosses/ The only place it actually helps to tank is in arena and muliplayer dungeons, then you are just a sponge, burning HP packs and potions for the archers and mages in the back. And you arent even needed in dungeons...just a waste.

Its the worst balance Ive ever seen. Its really, really dumb, and makes me not want to play anymore.

You would think the devs would make one class shine for each area of fighting...Knights for something (god knows what), Mages for PVP and archers for world bosses. As it is, Archers win Everywhere, and mages are easily second everywhere.

Worst beta testing ever, or the devs really like bows.

Comment

Originally posted by Phestus View Post
                    Knights are awful. No matter what the build, you will get destroyed by the other 2 classes in PVP, and our good skills make us weaker and weaker in solo/world bosses/ The only place it actually helps to tank is in arena and muliplayer dungeons, then you are just a sponge, burning HP packs and potions for the archers and mages in the back. And you arent even needed in dungeons...just a waste.

Its the worst balance Ive ever seen. Its really, really dumb, and makes me not want to play anymore.

You would think the devs would make one class shine for each area of fighting...Knights for something (god knows what), Mages for PVP and archers for world bosses. As it is, Archers win Everywhere, and mages are easily second everywhere.

Gonna have to agree with this. Like others have suggested, building a full tank will do nothing in group arena. Knights have a skill to target the lowest % hp player and most often, its your squishies that will be targeted by this skill. Archers can just shoot in the back and mages have aoe. The reflect skills do not dish out enough damage to be viable in a group arena. The shield skill is rather useless because you won't be targeted most of the time. Formation is rather useless right now. Until knights have a skill (like taunt or defend) that can actually protect/take hits for your team mates, then they're pretty useless as a tank. Sure you'll outlive your other members (archers, mages) but you'll hardly do enough damage to be useful.

Even archers and mages can be as tanky and still dish out tons of damage more than knights if they stack up on the right astrals.
                    ~MIA

Comment

actually knight is not that bad, i beat mages and archer from time to time.. 3.3k pdef / 2.4k mdef / 13k health / 4.4k patk . somewhere in the 100s in pvp ranking
                      Crystal Saga-Server: Shine of ariel
                      IGN: (S38)Hotshotgg (Am Hybrid)
                      Lvl: 76
                      Pet:Tekka,SuperDemon,and Baby Angel :P

"You can kill me over and over, but i'll still get up and fight ! "
                      Wartune-Temple of Ibalize
                      IGN: Ace4LifeZ (Knight)
                      LvL: 40

Comment

4.4k Patk, 3.8k Pdef, 2.5k Mdef, 14.5k Hp
                        Arena rank is always bellow 40's often times bellow 30's and 20's.

Half the people in the 15's are knights that are 10x better than me.
                        Wartune:
                        Server: [S3]Worg Lair
                        Name: Cashmere
                        Guild: Kingdom

My
                        My

Comment

Originally posted by LostLimit View Post
                          Gonna have to agree with this. Like others have suggested, building a full tank will do nothing in group arena. Knights have a skill to target the lowest % hp player and most often, its your squishies that will be targeted by this skill. Archers can just shoot in the back and mages have aoe. The reflect skills do not dish out enough damage to be viable in a group arena. The shield skill is rather useless because you won't be targeted most of the time. Formation is rather useless right now. Until knights have a skill (like taunt or defend) that can actually protect/take hits for your team mates, then they're pretty useless as a tank. Sure you'll outlive your other members (archers, mages) but you'll hardly do enough damage to be useful.

Even archers and mages can be as tanky and still dish out tons of damage more than knights if they stack up on the right astrals.
                          Uhh No...Place The said Tank Knight in the middle front row...see how well dat sexy knight tanks

Final Thoughts: There Is Never A Bad Character, Just A Bad Player
                          'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by Tantrums View Post
                            Not a Knight Personally, I'm a Mage, Just Stating what I see on a knight that would benefit them most, I mean majority of Knights attempt to go full dps, that's their playstyle that's fine, i just see more could be done if they went more tanky tank, i am not familiar with the knight skills besides the one's i've stated and a few atk skills (I don't knoe their skill names let alone passives) i could only suggest you make the most out intuition, or if you have the time, remake another knight, get it to 20-24 and write down all the skill descriptions to me, since you can reset multiple times you can test and get a preview of what lv.2 version will work/focus on and add as buffs, but again, that is just if you have spare time on your hands
                            'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                            ☣CAIN☣

Comment

bullshiat...
                              Knights suck atm..sure you could be good if you are casher that wana get all but even then vs other casher you will lose and i will tell you why...
                              -IF you go full dmg upper part of talents..you will have dmg but no defence so you will get nuked by those ak47 hunters and mages ,and in best situation be even with average mage/hunter...
                              -if you go deffence, lower part of tree you got no good attacks and if specd on MDEF/PDEF/BLOCK no dmg..sure you got shiled (whats the point of shiled when it gets down in 1 shot_?- and i got 14k hp and rank 2 shiled) and reflect )wow atm 200 dmg.....vs ppl with 13+k hp..lol..

now if you go duel..you compaions will get smelted coz mages and hunters have no basic first line attack spell (not counting special abilities ,as much as i know) so you cant tank it...(same goes for arenas)
                              now in team fight 3v3....whats the point of tank when they avoid you and the your whole point and thats tanking

im runing with 2 hunters..in arenas..and we do ok but when we face 3 mages we get smelted coz i cant focus dmg on me and they get aoed and lightning bolted..same goes with hunters and every 2nd turn 2x crit on random target...same as primary attack

KNIGHTS SUCK coz only other knight have basic first row attack ability and no other class..and coz of that your whole point as tank is failed and ofc going dps is proly only good for world boss..

EOD I WIN
                              Last edited by rexcro; 09-08-2012, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X