Announcement

Collapse

Crystal Saga Costume Design Contest

Play Crystal Saga or Crystal Saga 2 and have ideas for new costumes? Enter the Costume Design Contest! Click here for more information
See more
See less

Knight build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    T_T should i give up with my lvl 25 knight? and proceed with my lvl 29 mage? or should i just make a ranger?? T_T

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by rexcro View Post
      bullshiat...
      Knights suck atm..sure you could be good if you are casher that wana get all but even then vs other casher you will lose and i will tell you why...
      -IF you go full dmg upper part of talents..you will have dmg but no defence so you will get nuked by those ak47 hunters and mages ,and in best situation be even with average mage/hunter...
      -if you go deffence, lower part of tree you got no good attacks and if specd on MDEF/PDEF/BLOCK no dmg..sure you got shiled (whats the point of shiled when it gets down in 1 shot_?- and i got 14k hp and rank 2 shiled) and reflect )wow atm 200 dmg.....vs ppl with 13+k hp..lol..

      now if you go duel..you compaions will get smelted coz mages and hunters have no basic first line attack spell (not counting special abilities ,as much as i know) so you cant tank it...(same goes for arenas)
      now in team fight 3v3....whats the point of tank when they avoid you and the your whole point and thats tanking

      im runing with 2 hunters..in arenas..and we do ok but when we face 3 mages we get smelted coz i cant focus dmg on me and they get aoed and lightning bolted..same goes with hunters and every 2nd turn 2x crit on random target...same as primary attack

      KNIGHTS SUCK coz only other knight have basic first row attack ability and no other class..and coz of that your whole point as tank is failed and ofc going dps is proly only good for world boss..

      EOD I WIN
      I'm sorry man, but to put it bluntly, you suck at being a Knight.

      Originally posted by Nessesarius View Post
      T_T should i give up with my lvl 25 knight? and proceed with my lvl 29 mage? or should i just make a ranger?? T_T
      That's up to you, it all boils down to preference. I love knights in any game I play because swords are just bad***.
      ++ for me, Knights are the underdog in this game because it actually requires more skill to play them well.
      Take archer or continue your mage if you like easy.
      Wartune:
      Server: [S3]Worg Lair
      Name: Cashmere
      Guild: Kingdom


      My
      My

      Comment


      • #18
        Knights are playable but still they underpowered they should get some defensive buff bcuz dmg its pretty fair i mean archer with same lvl and almost same items got like 5800 atk and knight got 4600 its fair atlest if archer would get less defs,hp but unfortunetly they got same def, hp or sometimes even more. And yea knights are underpowered let the mages and archers be that way like they are but god buff knights a bit

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by grayhatter View Post
          I'm sorry man, but to put it bluntly, you suck at being a Knight.
          .
          AWESOME ARGUMENT AWESOME...what are you 8?
          you are worst game player in univers you are terible you suck and please dont play games ...see what i did there..no shoooo thissi for ppl with IQ..

          Comment


          • #20
            Yeah, I see what you did there. You undermined yourself by acting like an 8 year old.
            I pity you for being offended by a statement that isn't even directed at you.

            Frankly, I didn't imply that he sucks nor did I imply he should quit playing the game.
            Wartune:
            Server: [S3]Worg Lair
            Name: Cashmere
            Guild: Kingdom


            My
            My

            Comment


            • #21
              up +1 all ppl who actualy not agree with that knights are useless playing nages or archers anbd they simple dont want to buff knights

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by rexcro View Post
                bullshiat...
                Knights suck atm..sure you could be good if you are casher that wana get all but even then vs other casher you will lose and i will tell you why...
                -IF you go full dmg upper part of talents..you will have dmg but no defence so you will get nuked by those ak47 hunters and mages ,and in best situation be even with average mage/hunter...
                -if you go deffence, lower part of tree you got no good attacks and if specd on MDEF/PDEF/BLOCK no dmg..sure you got shiled (whats the point of shiled when it gets down in 1 shot_?- and i got 14k hp and rank 2 shiled) and reflect )wow atm 200 dmg.....vs ppl with 13+k hp..lol..

                now if you go duel..you compaions will get smelted coz mages and hunters have no basic first line attack spell (not counting special abilities ,as much as i know) so you cant tank it...(same goes for arenas)
                now in team fight 3v3....whats the point of tank when they avoid you and the your whole point and thats tanking

                im runing with 2 hunters..in arenas..and we do ok but when we face 3 mages we get smelted coz i cant focus dmg on me and they get aoed and lightning bolted..same goes with hunters and every 2nd turn 2x crit on random target...same as primary attack

                KNIGHTS SUCK coz only other knight have basic first row attack ability and no other class..and coz of that your whole point as tank is failed and ofc going dps is proly only good for world boss..

                EOD I WIN
                Originally posted by grayhatter View Post
                I'm sorry man, but to put it bluntly, you suck at being a Knight.
                ^ Gray's Right Rexcro must truly suck at a knight if that's his reasoning, there is never a bad character, just bad players, period

                Originally posted by Biotoxic View Post
                AWESOME ARGUMENT AWESOME...what are you 8?
                you are worst game player in univers you are terible you suck and please dont play games ...see what i did there..no shoooo thissi for ppl with IQ..
                ^ 8 Yr. Old?...With That Grammar and so called "Argument" of yours I am guessing you must be 5 then? See what I did there? No? Guess your IQ must be too low then
                'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                ☣CAIN☣

                Comment


                • #23
                  Tank knight useless, Archer can almost have same Pdef but with alot of higher attack... Even mage surely better thanks to their AOE n have alot more Mdef... N don't even bother have tank at dungeon because they can't take their part as tank because enemy attack can easily pass them n hit other char... Well sometimes if other char not available tank can be use just to fill the spot...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ProNab View Post
                    ^ Gray's Right Rexcro must truly suck at a knight if that's his reasoning, there is never a bad character, just bad players, period



                    ^ 8 Yr. Old?...With That Grammar and so called "Argument" of yours I am guessing you must be 5 then? See what I did there? No? Guess your IQ must be too low then

                    and yet you play MAGE... SEE WHAT I DID THERE ..OWNED ON INTERNET..

                    Cant w8 to refelct those 2x 1,5k crits for 2x200-... every 2nd turn...ROFL..SURE

                    please stop using that moron term "No bad class .bad player DOHH" you sound stupid

                    Still havent answerd my question grammer police moron..WHATS THE POINT OF TANK WHEN DMG AVOIDS YOU ADN GOES TO YOUR TEAMMATES?
                    Last edited by rexcro; 09-08-2012, 12:32 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thats the downside of random aiming, but still doesnt the NPC or AI have more of a chance they aim those in the front? Like it has a higher percentage of attacking those in center and whatnot?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Knights are quite useless as tanks right now, especially in arena. Archers and mages can just bypass the tanks with the rear skill shot or aoe. Even knights themselves have the skill that target lowest % hp players. I have seen this happened many times before in pvp arena. Knights with 3 arena gear sets have starting rage of 30 at beginning of battle. This allows them to use the skill Ultimate Slasher that immediately targets the squishy members (most often your archer or mage members). So no matter what formation you place the knight in, it hardly matter does it? It only matters when you're up against knights without those 3 arena set, but even then they can wait until the squishies hp get below the tank, and then use Ultimate Sasher.

                        Knights are only viable as tanks AND able to protect your team mates if they have the right skills (skills that force the enemies to focus fire them). As of now, they do not. Of course, some will argue that knights have the skill Apollo Shield at lv44, which grants 20% reduction in damage to all teammates, last 2 turns, and 60s CD. That's only 1 skill that protects your allies, but even then you have to be lv 44 to get it and go the right tree path, and chances are you can only use it once maybe twice in pvp arena.

                        There's also the talent section that hasn't been implemented yet. Maybe knights will get a taunt skill or something in that section. Who knows?
                        ~MIA

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by LostLimit View Post
                          Knights are quite useless as tanks right now, especially in arena. Archers and mages can just bypass the tanks with the rear skill shot or aoe. Even knights themselves have the skill that target lowest % hp players. I have seen this happened many times before in pvp arena. Knights with 3 arena gear sets have starting rage of 30 at beginning of battle. This allows them to use the skill Ultimate Slasher that immediately targets the squishy members (most often your archer or mage members). So no matter what formation you place the knight in, it hardly matter does it? It only matters when you're up against knights without those 3 arena set, but even then they can wait until the squishies hp get below the tank, and then use Ultimate Sasher.

                          Knights are only viable as tanks AND able to protect your team mates if they have the right skills (skills that force the enemies to focus fire them). As of now, they do not. Of course, some will argue that knights have the skill Apollo Shield at lv44, which grants 20% reduction in damage to all teammates, last 2 turns, and 60s CD. That's only 1 skill that protects your allies, but even then you have to be lv 44 to get it and go the right tree path, and chances are you can only use it once maybe twice in pvp arena.

                          There's also the talent section that hasn't been implemented yet. Maybe knights will get a taunt skill or something in that section. Who knows?
                          That taunt idea, should be in their current skill tree atm, a real bread and butter of MMORPG knights

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by rexcro View Post
                            bullshiat...
                            Knights suck atm..sure you could be good if you are casher that wana get all but even then vs other casher you will lose and i will tell you why...
                            -IF you go full dmg upper part of talents..you will have dmg but no defence so you will get nuked by those ak47 hunters and mages ,and in best situation be even with average mage/hunter...
                            -if you go deffence, lower part of tree you got no good attacks and if specd on MDEF/PDEF/BLOCK no dmg..sure you got shiled (whats the point of shiled when it gets down in 1 shot_?- and i got 14k hp and rank 2 shiled) and reflect )wow atm 200 dmg.....vs ppl with 13+k hp..lol..

                            now if you go duel..you compaions will get smelted coz mages and hunters have no basic first line attack spell (not counting special abilities ,as much as i know) so you cant tank it...(same goes for arenas)
                            now in team fight 3v3....whats the point of tank when they avoid you and the your whole point and thats tanking

                            im runing with 2 hunters..in arenas..and we do ok but when we face 3 mages we get smelted coz i cant focus dmg on me and they get aoed and lightning bolted..same goes with hunters and every 2nd turn 2x crit on random target...same as primary attack

                            KNIGHTS SUCK coz only other knight have basic first row attack ability and no other class..and coz of that your whole point as tank is failed and ofc going dps is proly only good for world boss..

                            EOD I WIN
                            Ok i'm a little sick of P saying knights are no good,when for a start they don't make then a tank (i can see you have but in other posts they havn't)Now your saying if you go def you have no good attacks,a sheild that can be oneshot and 200 reflect.I think your forgetting all that wasted buildup for the mage/archer while you still sitting at full hp,and for 30 rage 200x10 turns=2k for reflect(maybe getting a little low at higher lvs,but can be upped ).To many P greatly under value our ability to focus on the lowest hp enemy(only class to be able to do this as far as i know,apart from frount row etc type abilities)a dead enemy =0 damage for you and you team.You say you run with 2 hunters in area and mages eat you up,will maybe you team set up is the problem.Try mixing your team mates around in you setup,switch out a hunter for a mage healer or dps.And at the end of the day you will always meet different class combinations that are harder to beat,just because you yourself have a certain combo.From what i've seen we as a class are slow to build DPS wise,but are then able to sustain pretty good dps towards the end.If you spec into the skill that leaves a dot (shadow slash?),it can put out some really good dps at the 5 stacks.Keeping that dot up between rage building /shielding and reflect,works great for me in boss fights .It may not be that great atm in pvp were duels are over to quickly,but in the future they may last alot longer and become a real threat when used.At the end of the day you need to make a choice between playing what seems a easy class,and sticking with the class you like and making it work.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Knights are great but they are underpowered to the other classes out there. I have a really good knight myself over 5k patk 3k pdef/mdef and decent crit. I still see myself losing in arena a lot of the times. This is only towards to mages and archers though. If im dualing a knight it will be a good balance match and either or can win. However, if am facing an archer or mage my chances are lowered since they are naturally stronger and faster than knights. Most of the time they attack twice in a row which is dumb. If all classes got rebalanced then this wouldn't be such an issue since archers and mages shouldn't be able to tank hits like a knight can. If they just got more squisher then it be balanced. Having high crit and dmg+being able to tank makes knights basically worthless to play. Unless you plan on spending thousands of dollars on this game for the gems to match up to those guys.

                              For the main topic of this thread though this is what I did for my build. I myself took the dmg build and skip the full tank with reflect build. I am not really sure how that will work for me but as of now I don't have enough to reset to try it out. However, I am liking the dmg build with lvl 2 interception. If planned right you can really hurt someone's game with that skill since it lowers the rage basically to 0. So basically is your choice here. Do you want more dmg and being more of a dps knight or do you want more defensive skills and allow your partners to do the dps?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Ok so here is my two cents. Knights do not suck, they actually really make or break teams. I play a knight level 33 going hybrid spec and RARELY die in arena fights. The only issue I have is vs Mages but usually I can use my low health target skill to knock them out early. Yes archers have strong burst and they will always top world boss because they have more skills that can multi hit. As stated previously, eventually we get a really nice thorn QTE that reflects 25% dmg done which has a 10 turn duration. If you know anything about *** you are doing they can pretty much kill themselves off this. I see so many knights also spec the Delphic Destroyer, while that is great in the PVE world, you will rarely get the opportunity to waste 80 rage on a skill that frankly is not as good as others. It does give out 3 hits how ever it costs as I said 80 rage which, if skilled right, could be used to get off 2 Shadow Thrashers at 2 hits each or 4 hits in total with a 1 second spammable cool down plus it gets a stacking bleed effect and you still have 30 rage left over for a shield if needed. Quit bitching cause knight actually takes work to play. In any MMORPG or any MMO the Warrior class is always the hardest and gear dependent as well as takes thought. If you want a face roll character roll an archer and **** the lower levels while you can because once knights get into the upper levels they will be a ***** to kill.
                                S4-Kharr
                                S14 Nazgul
                                Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X